PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 PM #1
Bumblemore

Simple Lever Action Trracer Mod Concept

Here's my idea/design: http://i.imgur.com/d0CBrOI.jpg

Does anyone think that this design would be feasible? I know the lever would have to be anchored to the Trracer frame via a pinion of some sort, but this seems to be the simplest design I could possibly think of, and the only design that has been released publicly to all you guys. Every other design I've seen has never really been shown in much detail, and I figured I wasn't the only one wanting some sort of easy to recreate lever action paintball gun. Thanks for your input!
Bumblemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 PM #2
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

It looks like it would work. You could probably figure out a way to fit a 12 gram changer into the stock area if you chave it down a bit, put a small hopper or even a stick feed and it would be AWSOOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!! But in all seriousness it would be pretty bad ***.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:24 AM #3
Nahib_Stilgar

I am no engineer but I am pretty sure the distance from the trigger to the rear of the trracer will make that almost impossible to get your hand around.

A buddy of mine put a trracer in a stock and bolt actioned it. He had to make a new trigger and used a wire to attach it to the stock trigger to get the mechanism far enough back to hold on to the gun.

I will see if he has any pictures.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 AM #4
Bumblemore

Quote:
Originally Posted by natepb96 View Post
It looks like it would work. You could probably figure out a way to fit a 12 gram changer into the stock area if you chave it down a bit, put a small hopper or even a stick feed and it would be AWSOOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!! But in all seriousness it would be pretty bad ***.
True, it would be impractical, but imagine showing up at a speedball field with that thing! Especially a renter field. It would be fair too, since I would be pretty much outgunned. I was also thinking of making myself a stock out of wood so I could use a 13 CI hpa tank. Heavier, but more shots per fill. As for the trigger being too far away, I think I could fashion a mechanism to fire the gun while still using the original trigger by just moving it back a bit.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:47 PM #5
Nahib_Stilgar

Bolt action TrracerHere is the bolt action I was talking about, he dropped it into a SKS stock...

There are photos that show how far back the trigger needs to move.

Adding a lever will be another challenge but I think the side cocking bolts of the trracer will actully help you with that.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:59 PM #6
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
i think that design looks pretty good actually, and i think looks better and easier then the SKS modded one. all you will need to do is ratio the distance from the cocking pin to the pivot, to the lever arm length and you should be good to go. Im not a trracer expert, so i dont really know how the insides are. but instead of shifting the trigger back why dont you just drill 2 holes in the back of the trracer, where the new stock will slide over, and drop in some countersunk bolts through both sides of the stock and the traccer, that would eliminate the need to adjust the trigger.

//you could probably even A/T that if you turn the pivot pin into a trigger cam. that would get pretty involved though

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.

Last edited by HeatedNubbycake : 01-26-2013 at 02:05 PM.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:07 PM #7
Bumblemore

Good idea! Now to find someplace where I can have a special lever loop made... I think I would have to first make a wooden prototype to get an idea of part dimensions, then I'd have someone forge/3-d print it for me. I will be the paintball cowboy! *bounces with excitement*

Last edited by Bumblemore : 01-26-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 AM #8
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes. You an run it like that.
Some people have punched their loops out of steel or aluminum. Ask a couple of the machinists and you might bump into someone that can make it for you.

Here's an example of someone's

And for your reading pleasure.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-phantoms.html

Shooting a lever action is a blast, I had a KL for the longest time and it was awesome.
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote