Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2013, 06:08 PM #1
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

has been a member for 10 years
Air America Armageddon - New Tank?

Hi everyone,

I recently decided to get back to paintball and I dusted off my old gear and I have two Air America Armageddon 4.5 k systems.

I know both tanks normally need to be retested but one of the tanks has suffered catastrophic damage (don't ask, long story) and just looking at it I know it won't pass.

For those of you who know about these systems they are two parts - the reg and bottle that unscrews....is it possible to take the bottle coupling that mates the bottle to the reg and put it on a new bottle?

I suppose I could buy a new preset tank (do they even make adjustable tanks anymore?) but I love these systems...I know them back and forth...but I just don't have tools nor do I know where I can buy just a bottle.
Maxx102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Depends on the threading used on the regulators to be honest. There is a standard threading now that the industry adopted for tank threads but that wasn't always the case with older systems and tanks.
Adjustables are made but not like how they once were. Think of them as Preset adjustable. They come fixed at one output but by either adding or removing shims or purchasing a shim/piston kit depending on the brand, you can change the output pressure of the system. It's not like how it was where you were able to control the air flow on the fly like with a Dynaflow or Max-Flo.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 PM #3
krupasjeans
happy day

I've got an Air America Apocalypse system that fits fine on a bottle made in 2001. I think there's a 99% chance you can take off those Armageddon regs and install them onto a new bottle made this year.

You can buy new 4500psi bottles through Crossfire's website. Alternatively, you could scour the BST on this site for people selling used bottles as well.

And you might need some parts like o-rings or seals to make sure the reg is working properly. Try getting this parts kit off of iisports and you should be good for a few years.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 PM #4
Maxx102
Paintball Jedi

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
Maxx102 is offline   Reply With Quote