Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 AM #23
tarrguy57

tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 plays in the APPA beginner division
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgdevenney View Post
It's the 7th thread down from the top
*whistle* plenty of detail on his project and definitely knows his stuff but thats like a full on scratch build. but definitely peaked my interest. too bad i'm getting interested in this stuff so late since 90% of the knowledgable users are no longer active, pictures not hosted, websites closed.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

Gearbag Sale
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:51 PM #24
jgdevenney
J.D.

jgdevenney has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jgdevenney has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah dude for real I miss model98.org there was soooooo much good info on there
jgdevenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM #25
jgdevenney
J.D.

jgdevenney has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jgdevenney has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If your not already on mcb try that place out there's always a ton of old schoolers on there good place for ebolt info
jgdevenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM #26
tarrguy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgdevenney View Post
If your not already on mcb try that place out there's always a ton of old schoolers on there good place for ebolt info
ya been trying over there. most keep pointing me to model98.org. it dumbfounds me the number of people who point me there with no clue that it doesn't exist any more and the 98OG forum is barren. i can't get any help there
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

Gearbag Sale
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM #27
first out

has been a member for 10 years
Possibly next week I can get some pictures of my builds published to my site.
That might help you out.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:58 PM #28
jckstrthmghty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrguy57 View Post
ya been trying over there. most keep pointing me to model98.org. it dumbfounds me the number of people who point me there with no clue that it doesn't exist any more and the 98OG forum is barren. i can't get any help there
98og.net is down as well.
jckstrthmghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 AM #29
tarrguy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by first out View Post
Possibly next week I can get some pictures of my builds published to my site.
That might help you out.
sweet that'd be awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckstrthmghty View Post
98og.net is down as well.
no its not. i was just on there

Gearbag Sale
Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 PM #30
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Oh i like these guns. I have to ask, do you have the e-bolt kit? This should be a first since well they are the easiest to just grab parts for. If you havn't maybe consider a MARQ engine, I saw the start of plans drawn up for one as they look like to fit in the tippmann.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 PM #31
tarrguy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
Oh i like these guns. I have to ask, do you have the e-bolt kit? This should be a first since well they are the easiest to just grab parts for. If you havn't maybe consider a MARQ engine, I saw the start of plans drawn up for one as they look like to fit in the tippmann.
Got one on its way to me by this weekend. And I have a marq and it is way too wide to fit in the body. There used to be rumors that tippmann effect guns used to be model 98s with Timmy internals.

Gearbag Sale
Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 AM #32
tarrguy57

Alright time for an update. Got a GTA ram (spring assisted return), Psycho Ballistics board, solenoid, and battery harness, Rufus Dawg vertical feed, and Tippmann ProShop ASA/LPR combo. I have a slot cover but I'm not sure about it. felt like the hammer rubs on it so I might replace it with a plate. I think I'm going to start bone stock with this project to get a feel for it. If I'm unhappy with something I'll either fix it or just replace it. I have Naturalnoobs dimensions for a custom 2-wayed ram so I can make a custom one paired with a Timmy board, solenoid, and eyes. Still willing to take any direction and help from anyone who knows anything. Also still on the look out for ebolt parts as I don't know if mine even work yet.

Gearbag Sale
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 PM #33
first out

Those aren't "spring assisted" return. The spring is the only return mechanism. I personally don't like them as much as a two-way ram. The spring resists a shot requiring a higher lpr pressure.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 PM #34
tarrguy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by first out View Post
Those aren't "spring assisted" return. The spring is the only return mechanism. I personally don't like them as much as a two-way ram. The spring resists a shot requiring a higher lpr pressure.
Sorry for mislabeling it. That was someone else's term for how the GTA ram recocks itself. Yes I have heard that two-way rams will be more effective but I'd prefer just to make a custom ram rather than modify an existing one. Heard to many horror stories of people trying to two-way stock rams and having horrible leaks or chewing through o-rings. After I get this one up and running I plan on doing a normal 98 with a custom ram, timmy board, noid, and eyes with a detent system similar to TinMan's. Just want to test the waters and my skills with this project before I go all out.

Gearbag Sale
Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 PM #35
first out

I've not had anyone come back to me with complaints on converted rams. That could be that I don't even bother with the mess of the original rod guide/cap. I just make a new one. The fit between these two stock parts are way to loose for an o-ring seal.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 PM #36
tarrguy57

Ya and I figure if you're going to go through the work of making a new guide and cap why not just make a new ram? It would be shorter and spacing could be better for fitting in the grip.

Gearbag Sale
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 AM #37
first out

Well, the rod guide is the easy part. The ram body and piston rod are the harder parts. If you need any help or just want to purchase one I might know where you can get one.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 AM #38
tarrguy57

Do tell!

Gearbag Sale