Community Focus

Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM #1
browns037
Scott Brown

browns037 plays in the PSP
browns037 plays in the APPA D5 division
browns037 supports Empire
Vanguard Demon VS. Bob Long G6R Help

Ok so im in a big debate. I can get a new Demon for a great deal. but i really like the G6R. So im wanting to know which gun is better in all aspects. Any advice about both guns would help. Thanks.
browns037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 PM #2
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
aan310 plays in the APPA D4 division
aan310 supports DLX Technology
Two completely different guns.
Do you like popit or spool guns?

There is your answer!

Personally I hated my G6R and love my demon
aan310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 PM #3
browns037
Scott Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan310 View Post
Two completely different guns.
Do you like popit or spool guns?

There is your answer!

Personally I hated my G6R and love my demon
im still new to paintball so i dont know the difference. I shoot a Empire Axe with virtue eyes, lurker bolt, lurker barrel, critical axiom trigger. I play speedball as a snake player. so i want a gun that is very accurate and somewhat quiet and light. so whichever gun is going to help me get the advantage on the field.

what did you hate about the g6r and like about the demon?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM #4
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
aan310 plays in the APPA D4 division
aan310 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by browns037 View Post
im still new to paintball so i dont know the difference. I shoot a Empire Axe with virtue eyes, lurker bolt, lurker barrel, critical axiom trigger. I play speedball as a snake player. so i want a gun that is very accurate and somewhat quiet and light. so whichever gun is going to help me get the advantage on the field.

what did you hate about the g6r and like about the demon?
What kind of tank and hopper do you have?

EDIT: And I don't like stacked tube (most popit guns). Personal preference.
The G6R specifically was too finicky for me. Loved my BL Closer though.
The Demon is just very smooth and ergonomically sound. Also quiet.

Last edited by aan310 : 01-23-2013 at 10:58 PM.
aan310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 PM #5
browns037
Scott Brown

i have a ninja 68/4500 with the dye rotor tiger grey (im told it has an upgraded shark fin but i bought it new from the dye website so idk)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 PM #6
accidentprone
Gun Whore Since '02

Annual Supporting Member
accidentprone is for the Gunfight
Just to start with, look at the Timmy sub-forum and look at the Vanguard sub-forum. Count the "My ****s Broken / I Broke My ****" threads. G6R = quite a few. Demon = not so many. I'll say that the numbers are a little skewed because BL has a larger market share, BUT the responses are generally more polite and productive on here than on the BL forum.

It depends on what you like to play. If your goal is to go out in the woods, and shoot a case in a scenario, rock the G6R.

If you play 12.5 and need to hold a perfect lane every time, no kick, no feedback, shoot the demon.

Loot at it like cars. I just bought a new one. I test drove a few. The G6R and the Demon have the same objective, to shoot a paintball. I was torn between the Volkswagen GTI MKV and the Audi A3. Both have the same drive train, power plant, tranny, but they feel different when you drive them. The Audi, like the Demon, held that straight perfect line. No reverberation, no emotion around the corners, just point, gas, and then you're out of the corner. The GTI was a little more nuts. I could feel it more. Its no less of a car, but I liked the feedback the car gave me. I prefer the G6R in a semi-automatic firing mode every time, because feeling that bolt move back and forth and seeing it just makes me push it farther and harder and faster just to see what I can get it to do. It makes me want to push the **** out of it and shoot it faster and faster and faster. I love my Demon, and I love my G6R. I like the single tube of the Demon, I like the feedback of the G6R. Neither is really a bad choice. I figured a Victory Ripper was sort-of in the middle ground for these. So I bought that too. The real solution to your quandary is simply just to own both. So I do. Granted the Demon is for sale and the G6R is not, so that may display some of my opinion in and of itself. Would I recommend either for someone who isnt a fan of maintaining their markers? No. HOWEVER, Reaper on here with Dead Box Sports is a BOSS and will help you with anything. Both have exception customer support and forum families.

They feel the same in your hands. The G6R is lighter. The Demon is honest to god the smoothest softest easiest shooting gun I have EVER EVER EVER shot, and Ive been playing for 10 years. They can both be a little challenging to maintain so be sure to read the manuals on both, and get the necessary lube and oil. If you get the G6R, get the tester. Premium pillow bolt and the LP poppit make it even better. It just depends what you like to shoot. Sometimes the Demon bores me, because it comes off as too perfect. But it'll kick any other spool valve out of the water. Luxes, DMs, Shockers, Geos, F them all.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3987452

www.stephenspake.com

SELLING MY DUAL CORE MACBOOK - $250 NO ISSUES!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3940079

Last edited by accidentprone : 01-24-2013 at 08:10 PM.
accidentprone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:18 PM #7
browns037
Scott Brown

@accidentprone - ok thanks. and if i was to get the demon i know how to get a class on how the gun works by a tech. if i decide to get the g6r i will deffinitely look into those upgrades.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM #9
accidentprone
Gun Whore Since '02

Annual Supporting Member
NP, I'm happy to help. And for more reference, here are in game videos made from the same camera, same approximate distance from each marker. The only variable in each is the player and the loader. I'm shooting the Demon and the girlfriend has the G6R. The G6R in this video has the Hush bolt, but I really really really really recommend the Premium Pillow Bolt. Its insanely nice.

Also, please don't make fun of my lack of movement on the X-Ball field. I had 4 broken bones in my leg, and wasn't fully healed. I just needed to play.

www.stephenspake.com

Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM #10
accidentprone
Gun Whore Since '02

Annual Supporting Member
And just for fun, here is another marker in about the same price range as the other 2. Same camera and everything. Just listen to the sound signature between the Geo 2 and the Demon. How much softer the Demon is makes quite a difference. PE may have a large portion of the market share, but just to see and hear how the 2 markers differ is phenomenal.

www.stephenspake.com

Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 PM #11
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by accidentprone View Post
Just to start with, look at the Timmy sub-forum and look at the Vanguard sub-forum. Count the "My <del>****</del>s Broken / I Broke My <del>****</del>" threads. G6R = quite a few. Demon = not so many. I'll say that the numbers are a little skewed because BL has a larger market share, BUT the responses are generally more polite and productive on here than on the BL forum.

It depends on what you like to play. If your goal is to go out in the woods, and shoot a case in a scenario, rock the G6R.

If you play 12.5 and need to hold a perfect lane every time, no kick, no feedback, shoot the demon.

Loot at it like cars. I just bought a new one. I test drove a few. The G6R and the Demon have the same objective, to shoot a paintball. I was torn between the Volkswagen GTI MKV and the Audi A3. Both have the same drive train, power plant, tranny, but they feel different when you drive them. The Audi, like the Demon, held that straight perfect line. No reverberation, no emotion around the corners, just point, gas, and then you're out of the corner. The GTI was a little more nuts. I could feel it more. Its no less of a car, but I liked the feedback the car gave me. I prefer the G6R in a semi-automatic firing mode every time, because feeling that bolt move back and forth and seeing it just makes me push it farther and harder and faster just to see what I can get it to do. It makes me want to push the <del>****</del> out of it and shoot it faster and faster and faster. I love my Demon, and I love my G6R. I like the single tube of the Demon, I like the feedback of the G6R. Neither is really a bad choice. I figured a Victory Ripper was sort-of in the middle ground for these. So I bought that too. The real solution to your quandary is simply just to own both. So I do. Granted the Demon is for sale and the G6R is not, so that may display some of my opinion in and of itself. Would I recommend either for someone who isnt a fan of maintaining their markers? No. HOWEVER, Reaper on here with Dead Box Sports is a BOSS and will help you with anything. Both have exception customer support and forum families.

They feel the same in your hands. The G6R is lighter. The Demon is honest to god the smoothest softest easiest shooting gun I have EVER EVER EVER shot, and Ive been playing for 10 years. They can both be a little challenging to maintain so be sure to read the manuals on both, and get the necessary lube and oil. If you get the G6R, get the tester. Premium pillow bolt and the LP poppit make it even better. It just depends what you like to shoot. Sometimes the Demon bores me, because it comes off as too perfect. But it'll kick any other spool valve out of the water. Luxes, DMs, Shockers, Geos, F them all.
I've got no horse in this fight, I just wanted to say that was extremely well spoken and is something every gun designer should read.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM #12
accidentprone
Gun Whore Since '02

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I've got no horse in this fight, I just wanted to say that was extremely well spoken and is something every gun designer should read.
Woah... I didn't really expect to see something from you on this. Thanks dude. Maybe I should hang out in the vs. forum more...

www.stephenspake.com

Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 PM #13
ElCoronel

ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel plays in the APPA D4 division
To me it boils down to a few decisions...

Smooth shooting vs extreme efficiency

Spool vs poppet

Young company vs established industry leader (pros and cons both ways)

Small user base vs large user base

I play speedball so efficiency isn't a concern but I do play back so being able to easily put (and keep) paint right on target is a must.

I fell in love with spool valves back when I got my Matrix LCD. I understand them better and seem to be able to maintain them well. Biased on this one.

The third item, small vs 'big' company was a problem for me when Vanguard was in the UK and honestly their service seemed flaky. Not trying to knock the guys from the UK, I just didn't know (along with others) that huge changes were in the works slowing things down. All I've seen from Frank since he took over has been good and the benefits you get from a small company trying to make a name for itself with good service and value trump this one for me now.

I've frequented the Bob Long forum a bit but I've not actually participated so I can't tell you what sort of support their userbase provides. I do know that Vanguard's is top notch. I've posted questions and gotten quick responses and often additional help via private messages. Reaper sent me several o-rings that were missing from our team's repair kit gratis and he didn't know me from Adam. And he's not the only one hanging out here providing excellent support.

The answer for me is clear, the Demon.
ElCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 PM #14
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Vanguard had me sold on the customer service when Eric was in charge of repairs. He sent me a noid basically over night fedex at no charge and replaced it with the dead noid that i later shipped to him. Not having to ship first, but out of his way to get me that noid for the sunday game. We trouble shooted back and forth for a week via skype video call. We spent hours figuring out what exactly it was making sure it was the noid. I've never had a company send out a replacement part without getting the dead one other than tippmann. And that is what customer service is about. When i see eclipse and dye and other companies tell you to ship the part/gun in when out of country/international so shipping is like min 30-60$ it can be quite a hassle. 99% of gun problems are user error, wrong orings, wrong lube, wrong board settings. And to ship a gun for 60$ to find out its a oring or something that could be fixed at home is kinda well you know.
Shortbuscrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM #15
browns037
Scott Brown

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the feedback guys. just from hearing what you guys have to say about Vanguard and things i heard about BL, I am leaning more towards the demon now.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM #16
browns037
Scott Brown

Talking

Quote:
NP, I'm happy to help. And for more reference, here are in game videos made from the same camera, same approximate distance from each marker. The only variable in each is the player and the loader. I'm shooting the Demon and the girlfriend has the G6R. The G6R in this video has the Hush bolt, but I really really really really recommend the Premium Pillow Bolt. Its insanely nice.

Also, please don't make fun of my lack of movement on the X-Ball field. I had 4 broken bones in my leg, and wasn't fully healed. I just needed to play.

Quote:
And just for fun, here is another marker in about the same price range as the other 2. Same camera and everything. Just listen to the sound signature between the Geo 2 and the Demon. How much softer the Demon is makes quite a difference. PE may have a large portion of the market share, but just to see and hear how the 2 markers differ is phenomenal.

All of this videos helped. Thanks guys. The demon just seems to be the best way to go for me!!!