Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM #1
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
Empire Super Freak + Deadlywind Whip Tip

Hi guys

I have one of those limited edition Empire Axe which comes with a Redline and Super Freak barrel set and I bought a Deadlywind Whip Tip (Freak tip) for it.

When I screw it on, it seems to screw INTO the insert so when I take the whip tip off, the insert comes out with it. Is this normal, or is it a case that the Whip Tip isn't compatible with the new Super Freak back?

Thanks!

James

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM #2
pbgod44

I also bought whip tips for mine ans i never had any issues at all
pbgod44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 AM #3
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member

Hope this shows what I mean, but out of all the tips I have, only the Deadlywinds tip has problems with SOME inserts being too tight.
But if I take the .690 / .695 tip from both the Super Freak barrel set and the Empire Axe LTD PDD Super Freak set, the inserts work fine in the Super Freak set, but not inserts from the Axe ones.. but the Freak .695 goes in fine!

So I think the Deadlywinds tip isn't honed correctly..

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote