Community Focus

Old 01-24-2013, 02:44 PM #64
DI*killa

DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
I appreciate everyones input. I will answer all questions with explanation on why we are doing what we are doing.

But first I would like to say that the only people shooting themselves in the foot are the teams who choose to play another series. Why? To choose a series that has longer drives, ineffective ref crews, more expensive prices, worse prizes, and far less organization is what I would call shooting myself in the foot.

Now to the whole which day dilemma. You have to keep in mind we are not running a D4 series, we are running MiLP which has D5, D4, and D3. D4 is easily our most successful division, followed by D5, then D3. Do we want it to be? No. We want all divisions to have 15 teams.

So now we are left with this..... 3 divisions for 2 days. D5/D3 one day, and D4 the other. So here was our options......(given the fact D4 stays popular, and D3/D5 combined bring in about 15 teams).

A) D4 saturday = short day, D5/D3 sunday = 2 division long day (forcing all THOSE players to have longer drive on sunday nights. This method helps the 5 players on here who dont want to travel on sunday, but hurts the health of the MiLP.

B) D4/D5 Saturday, D3 sunday = D4 split day due to schedule and amount of teams. Prelims on Sat, finals on sunday (still doesnt solve our sunday problem, and costs more money.) This also last year left us with sometimes NO play on sunday, which is going to be avoided at ALL costs.

C) Cut D3. Not an option because it puts us behind out competition who we firmly believe we have a better product than, and also halts the progression of paintball in the southeast.

Hopefully this gives you some more insight on where we are at. I cannot control religion, work, players attitudes, or complaining, but I can control offering the best paintball series for your hard earned time and money!

With this all said, We are open to ANY suggestions because I want ALL OF YOU to play the MiLP!

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2013, 02:56 PM #65
kilby24

Annual Supporting Member
kilby24 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
kilby24 plays in the MiLP
kilby24 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Having the majority, if not all of the tournament, on Saturdays benefits most.

For many Sunday events cause travel issues, strains on family, religious, or work obligations.

The D4 series has mantained its numbers partially due to Saturday play and from the comments, it seems that the majority of the teams which make up the MILP - the D4 division prefer Saturday play.

My magic 8 ball feels that moving D4 to Sunday won't help the other divisions much, and will decrease the popularity and overall numbers of the D4 division.

That is just my opinion. I hope that the MILP is successful regardless if we can play or not and if this is the "set in stone" 180 degree turn, then I hope it works out well.

That said, Red Drank will just have to play the Series, events, and times that mean we can field a team.

Good luck to the MILP and to all of the teams. In the end, I hope everyone finds a place to play somewhere and has fun!

Last edited by kilby24 : 01-24-2013 at 03:00 PM.
kilby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM #66
Icon0clast
Powered by Sammiches

Annual Supporting Member
Icon0clast plays in the MiLP
Icon0clast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Icon0clast plays in the APPA D4 division
Maybe have d3/d5 one week and d4 the following or vice versa? It seems to me like everyone WANTS to play MiLP but cannot if it is on Sunday.

That might cut into your walk in profits, maybe, I am not sure, I am not you but it is just a suggestion.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM #67
DI*killa

I hope we get a couple more suggestions, then ill have steve hop on and read them, after all....he is the man in charge.

Icon0clast- thank you for the feedback, you are correct on the profitiablity, logistics, and scheduling (with the pro team and PSP). I dont think that will work.

I want to make it so EVERYONE can play, so i hope we come up with a solution.

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM #68
Icon0clast
Powered by Sammiches

Annual Supporting Member
Icon0clast plays in the MiLP
Icon0clast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Icon0clast plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DI*killa View Post
I hope we get a couple more suggestions, then ill have steve hop on and read them, after all....he is the man in charge.

Icon0clast- thank you for the feedback, you are correct on the profitiablity, logistics, and scheduling (with the pro team and PSP). I dont think that will work.

Fair enough.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 PM #69
RideOrDie_321

RideOrDie_321 plays in the PSP
RideOrDie_321 plays in the MiLP
RideOrDie_321 plays in the APPA D3 division
Our problem is we have guys including myself that have a hard time getting off on Sundays due to our line of work . If it was up to me I would be playing d2 psp by now , but I don't have the freedom to do so. Quite honestly I don't see how many people could sport that much money and get off work whenever without getting it handed to them. Point is that's why we still play d4 because of Saturdays and Fridays are easy to get off if I need more travel time . Whatever you guys decide I support , because I know it's for your series . Can't say the same for my team, we will play what we can even if it means having to travel farther and pay more .
Christian Hollis #30

Clarksville Defiance- MiLP

RAGE- SEPS
RideOrDie_321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:25 PM #70
m3th0d
Zach ZeGo Greenwood

m3th0d plays in the PSP
Quote:

The feedback we've offered is being revoked. I'd love to continue to play the milp, but I can't if it is on Sunday neither can the team I play with. It's makes little sense. 8 teams in d4. 5 in d3 and d5. Make sure you go back and read the part that said you wanted to help the majority of the people as those teams were signed up based on Saturday. Fact is we know you guys want d3 fact also is right now it doesn't look like its gonna happen. A majority of your d5 teams bumped to d4. My 2 cents. GL

Edit: not to mention Robbie the lack of a d3 presence doesn't give teams on the bubble an incentive to bump and play d3. Who wants to play 1 maybe 2 events with less than 4 teams then bump to d3 and the division disappear and be stuck with no series to play.

Last edited by m3th0d : 01-24-2013 at 03:27 PM.
m3th0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:33 PM #71
DI*killa

Try not to base number due to the event being 45 days out.

People are talking the event is next weekend. Paintball players rarely sign up and pay a WEEK out, more less 45 days.

Zach, so you dont feel "revoked", and given our situation...what do you say we do?

Christian- just out of curiosity, what do you do in the real world? Trying to educate myself in terms of the paintball world.

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
Old 01-24-2013, 03:37 PM #72
m3th0d
Zach ZeGo Greenwood

m3th0d plays in the PSP
Quote:

People are talking the event is next weekend. Paintball players rarely sign up and pay a WEEK out, more less 45 days.

Zach, so you dont feel "revoked", and given our situation...what do you say we do?

Christian- just out of curiosity, what do you do in the real world? Trying to educate myself in terms of the paintball world.

My suggestion was

D4 on Sat
D5/D3 on Sun

The fact d3 is guaranteed to have less teams than d4
And d5 is race 2

It makes the most sense in my opinion.
m3th0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 PM #73
smarthomes

smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
Guys. Part of the reason for moving to Sunday is that D4 will be able to be played on two fields (at 3 of the events) if there are enough teams. That means we will get done much earlier than if we only had one field. Insane will be tight on the schedule if we have more than 12 teams. We will have to start early there maybe at daylight.

There are a few more big incentives to playing the MiLP coming down the pipe as well. Stay tuned...
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:51 PM #74
dajones70

We (Axis) were looking forward to having D5 and D4 on the same day as we can all come on the same day and help each other in the pits. It definitely would have been a long Saturday. Now if we have one of our D4 on the D5 team, that person will have to stay two nights in a hotel so while that would be a lot of paintball for that lucky person, they would be looking at over $600 to play both days with entry, paint, and hotel.
I know the logistics mean that something has to be done so let's hope we can figure it out. I think it makes a lot of sense to keep D4 (the largest) on Saturday and D5/D3 would switch to Sunday. D5 was already on Sunday last year.
dajones70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM #75
RideOrDie_321

RideOrDie_321 plays in the PSP
RideOrDie_321 plays in the MiLP
RideOrDie_321 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

Working 40 hours a week making good money. Going to school part time, an ill throw working out in there too lol but either way it calls for 7 days a week I'm off on Wednesday and Saturday already . I have 12 days vacation but it goes by seniority so every Sunday is pretty much taken up . For middle class it's either work hard have money and little time o play with it or barely work and have lots time but no money. Like I said unless you have help which I don't because of morals not the lack of.
Christian Hollis #30

Clarksville Defiance- MiLP

RAGE- SEPS
RideOrDie_321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM #76
smarthomes

smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
We didn't think changing the day this far out would stir up such a **** storm. We are trying to do what is best for the league and didn't realize how many D4 teams would be effected.

The changes we have made for the 2013 season have come from you the players and we want to continue to be sensitive to your needs.

With that said, we will switch the D4 division to Saturday and D5/D3 will run on Sunday.

I will adjust registration and the league information page.
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM #77
p.lovell
Historically Slow

Annual Supporting Member
p.lovell plays in the PSP
p.lovell plays in the MiLP
p.lovell supports Team VICIOUS
p.lovell is an NCPA player
p.lovell is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarthomes View Post
I just got off the phone with the APPA and D4 Race to 3 will play by the Race to 2 rules and world rankings- just with the additional point. There are other affiliates using the Race to 3 and this is the decision the APPA has come to.
So this means that it would be played at MiLP with Race to 2 format, rather than race-to xball format?

Sunday could also affect Southern Ruckus from coming, considering some of us planned to play this Saturday, and another event Sunday(in AL).
Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 PM #78
DI*killa

D4 is officially on Saturday and will be run just like Race to 4, but race to 3.

Gradual general progression of the sport.

Why I get to race to 7

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 PM #79
p.lovell
Historically Slow

Annual Supporting Member
p.lovell is All In
Quote:
D4 is officially on Saturday and will be run just like Race to 4, but race to 3.

Gradual general progression of the sport.

Why I get to race to 7
Awesome, good news to me.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM #80
DI*killa

MiLP: by the players, for the players. Like FUBU.

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
Old 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM #81
TheRedButton

TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
MiLP: by the players, for the players. Like FUBU.
Less gaudy and tacky, though.
Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 PM #82
teammaxx
TeamMaxx

teammaxx plays in the MiLP
teammaxx plays in the APPA D5 division
Well that makes life easier for us and we will be at every D4 event for sure. Thanks.
Team Sponsors: www.hustlepaintball.com www.trademygun.com
teammaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 PM #83
p.lovell
Historically Slow

Annual Supporting Member
p.lovell is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedButton View Post
Less gaudy and tacky, though.
Not sure about this one, have you seen those guys that ref it?

Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 PM #84
Cash Money Allstar
East Side Resider

has been a member for 10 years
Cash Money Allstar plays in the MiLP
Cash Money Allstar plays in the APPA D3 division
I personally prefer Sunday...but either way you need to make a decision fairly quickly. Some of us need to request off work that far in advance...

Allen Booth/WF Marines - RIP
Columbus State University - Alumni

October 2011 "Angel of the Month" - 2006 Angel GAT
Cash Money Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote