PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM #1
discohawk

has been a member for 10 years
discohawk has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what to do with a B2K2

I bought this thing years ago right before quitting the sport for awhile. For reference it's got fishbone milling, if that means anything. Anyway, I fired it a few times in the backyard, but never actually played a single game with the thing. Now that I'm getting back into the sport, I'm figuring out what to do with my old/"vintage" arsenal and know nothing about this gun. Since I'm waiting for the tank to come back from hydrotesting, I haven't even aired the thing to see if it works. So I'm wondering do most people with these keep them as part of a collection, or can they still be viable backup guns? For someone who has no particular attachment to this, is it worth keeping? Any input is appreciated!
discohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 PM #2
maloneoni
The Ronin

It depends on you. Do you like to tear down and tinker and track down upgrade parts? You can make it keep up with modern markers with the correct parts.

Pictures? We can give you an idea what it is worth.

They are not hard to learn. Bushmasters are a bit big and heavy by today's standards, but that does not bother me, or most other ICD guys.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM #3
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the ability of the gun is how you use it. if you want a decent gun that is more than capable for 12bps woods ball with very good efficiency(1200+ shots of 68/4500), then you have a good gun.

in reality, you are limited by what you want to do with the gun.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:09 PM #4
discohawk

Shocktech reg and apparently (according to the guy I bought it from) it has a Shocktech board. Never knew they made boards to be perfectly honest. Think it's a KAPP detent too. And of course a Boomstick.

It's a little banged up as the pictures indicate. The reg itself looks like the previous owner tried adjusting the velocity with the wrong allen wrenches. It's got nicks and scrapes here and there, but overall nothing too bad.

Thoughts?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 AM #5
Nobody609

Shocktech did have a board, its a semi only board and was labeled the "66.6" board. its just a code revision of the same 22pin 8200 ICD board. its not anything more than that. if you had an LCD, you can see the rightup on the boot up, but i wouldn't worry too much.

looks like you have a stripped Eclipse LPR adjuster. nice to have for the stock LPR. Lapco vert. big, and beefy.

i'd replace the adjustment screw ASAP. you don't want to go to the field and then have to worry about if you finish stripping it out even by accident. boomstick is nice, except when the paint is closer to .680 than .690(since the bore is .688). check the detent to make sure it still is springy.

Fishbones are one of my favorite bodies. and even with it being 10+ years old, you can still turn some heads. hell, take the barrel out infront of someone with cocker threads and see them get jealous.

but give it thorough cleaning in the regs, ram, and the body. use some rubbing alcohol to get the hard stuff out and then follow up with your favorite lube. if you want, Superlube or similar will give great results.

if you are looking for mods, i do make a new harness for ICD. i use a 25gram microswitch instead of the 80gram switch. you'd think that 55grams isn't that big of a different, but it is. i also do a frame mod, which eliminates the roll pins, holding the switch(makes taking out the harness a breeze). add in some QDs to the noid and stripping down the gun doesn't require a hammer anymore and an hour. PM me if you're interested.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 AM #6
discohawk

Awesome. Much thanks for the info. The LPR adjuster isn't stripped, but I can see that the lighting made it look like that's the case.

I may do the mods, but not sure really. What would you think I could get for this (barrel included)?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:05 PM #7
Nobody609

blind, no LCD, as is with nothing else, $60. barrel being a Boomer, can't be bored for inserts and the bore is too big for some.

to a point its better to part it out as you can get more for it(noid is $30, vert, $25, valve $10, body & tray $10+). but its your gun. i'd get it running, and then think about what to do. with a little messaging it can be made to run with modern guns, just will be taller.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 AM #8
discohawk

Much thanks for the insight. I'll make sure it runs fine within the next couple weeks, then put it up for sale.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM #9
maloneoni
The Ronin

You are likely to find the most serious buyers at icd-owners.com
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM #10
Nobody609

i'd say keep it. make a few changes to it, but keep it around and use it for those walkon games where you want to use something more than a mech, but you can still have that electro or just have that nostalgia factor of people looking at it and wondering what it is.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 AM #11
maloneoni
The Ronin

^Fact?

"Is that an ion?"