Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 AM #1
lolapalooza

GOG eXTCy dwell settings?

Im somewhat new to paintball played the past two years with a spider extra and a month ago went out and bought an eXTCy, Rotor and an Empire 68/4500 tank. I was told while playing last weekend that i needed to adjust my dwell. What dwell is recommended or seems to be working well?
lolapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:11 PM #2
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Stock Extcy with out qev.... 27 for compressed air or 33 for co2
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:05 PM #3
flapjackman176

What about with the QEV? I can't seem to find a dwell setting I like.
flapjackman176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:47 PM #4
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
24-25 should be good
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:03 PM #5
backwoodspball
Old School 80's Baller

backwoodspball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
backwoodspball supports DLX Technology
adjusting the dwell will just make the marker a little quieter with less kick, but you dont want to go to low. If you have the QEV, id stay at 22-26 range to be safe. If its to low, the velocity will get inconsistant.

L.E. Red Camo Clone GT
Clear Orange DM13
backwoodspball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 AM #6
lolapalooza

I put a QEV in and I'm running my dwell at 23 if i go any lower my fps gets really inconsistent thanks for all the info guys.
lolapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:00 AM #7
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Annual Supporting Member
Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
The extcy has a pre set hpa dwell setting. It comes from the factory pre set for co2. But you can change it to the hpa dwell setting easily. I dont remember exactly how to do it but its something like taking out the battery and holding down the trigger as you reconnect the battery. It explains how to do so in the manual
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM #8
Reactor
Kansas State Paintball#22

Reactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is an NCPA player
running my extcy with qev and techt L7 bolt at 15 dwell. to set dwell do the following: 1) make sure the marker is not in locked tourney mode, do this by holding down the trigger and connecting the battery to the connectors momentarily. a green light should blink once for unlocked mode and if the light blinks red the board has now been locked. Repeat the above method if necessary to unlock. 2) while the battery is connected, hold down the tiggar and turn on the marker. 3) the marker should blink the color indication for the strength of battery remaining and then remain solid red, you are now in programming mode and at the Rate of Fire setting, pull the trigger once and the LED should turn solid Amber, you are now at the dwell setting for the marker. 4) hold the trigger down for about 1.5 seconds until the LED goes dark, once unlit, release the trigger and pull the trigger again for the respective number of miliseconds you wish the valve to remain open, so for example if you want a dwell set at 27, pull and release the trigger 27 times in succession at a moderate pace. 5) after doing this the LED should blink in response the same number of times you have pulled the trigger, in this case the LED will blink 27 times. Count the trigger pulls and blinks to confirm the setting, after the LED blinks it will again turn solid Amber indicating that the board has now accepted this change to the dwell. 6) turn off the marker by holding the LED button down for about 2.5 seconds. 7) The new dwell setting has been saved to the board, to play with the new setting, simply turn on the marker and go!
Kansas State Paintball on Facebook
President for Kansas State Paintball Team
KSU PB #22
Proud Vanguard Demon owner
Proud Vanguard Creed owner
Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:26 PM #9
phorce8846

Thumbs down gog extcy dwell help !?!?

I am new to electric paintball guns I came from a 98 custom and got a gog extcy. I shot two hoppers of co2 and paint last week and got some hpa and air tank today and switched dwell to the recommended 27 and I'm not getting full shots of air dry firing it. Just the first shot on three round burst mode is a full shot, then shot 2 and 3 fades out.. can anyone help me in this matter? Brand new and haven't adjusted any settings besides dwell and not seeing the full shots I'm suppose to be seeing.
phorce8846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM #10
Levendis

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorce8846 View Post
I am new to electric paintball guns I came from a 98 custom and got a gog extcy. I shot two hoppers of co2 and paint last week and got some hpa and air tank today and switched dwell to the recommended 27 and I'm not getting full shots of air dry firing it. Just the first shot on three round burst mode is a full shot, then shot 2 and 3 fades out.. can anyone help me in this matter? Brand new and haven't adjusted any settings besides dwell and not seeing the full shots I'm suppose to be seeing.
You should change the dwell settings. Increase dwell in steps (for about 5 ms) until you find the correct value. It worked for me. Check the battery.

Last edited by Levendis : 01-21-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Levendis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM #11
yagotfriesinyabarrel

if you have the qev then 13 min and 18 for consistant shots. anything above may damage your gun in the future.
yagotfriesinyabarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 PM #12
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorce8846 View Post
Before you fuss too much with the dwell try a fresh, name-brand battery (duracell or energizer), and clean and lube the bolt as recommended by GOG (I'm pretty sure there's a youtube video on this if you search gog extcy maintenance or Ion XE maintenance on youtube. I'm at work so I can't get on there right now or I'd just look it up for you).

If that doesn't do the trick and you're absolutely sure you have the dwell set correctly I would send an email or PM to GOG and have them walk you through other possible solutions.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 AM #13
White Rider
8SEVENTY3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactor View Post
running my extcy with qev and techt L7 bolt at 15 dwell. to set dwell do the following: 1) make sure the marker is not in locked tourney mode, do this by holding down the trigger and connecting the battery to the connectors momentarily. a green light should blink once for unlocked mode and if the light blinks red the board has now been locked. Repeat the above method if necessary to unlock. 2) while the battery is connected, hold down the tiggar and turn on the marker. 3) the marker should blink the color indication for the strength of battery remaining and then remain solid red, you are now in programming mode and at the Rate of Fire setting, pull the trigger once and the LED should turn solid Amber, you are now at the dwell setting for the marker. 4) hold the trigger down for about 1.5 seconds until the LED goes dark, once unlit, release the trigger and pull the trigger again for the respective number of miliseconds you wish the valve to remain open, so for example if you want a dwell set at 27, pull and release the trigger 27 times in succession at a moderate pace. 5) after doing this the LED should blink in response the same number of times you have pulled the trigger, in this case the LED will blink 27 times. Count the trigger pulls and blinks to confirm the setting, after the LED blinks it will again turn solid Amber indicating that the board has now accepted this change to the dwell. 6) turn off the marker by holding the LED button down for about 2.5 seconds. 7) The new dwell setting has been saved to the board, to play with the new setting, simply turn on the marker and go!
Thank you very much for posting all this, it really helped me out.
White Rider is offline   Reply With Quote