Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 PM #22
GrimReafer

GrimReafer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GrimReafer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedpaintballstuff View Post
Its really quite simple...You can us any fill color except red, pink and fills that stain...being a ref you should know this..
What he was saying earlier is that if orange paint was not shot at the event, then orange would not be a protected color, I believe. I could be wrong, but it seems that the two of you might be looking at it two different ways. Perhaps this clarifies it?

Regardless, it is in players best interest to shoot paint with fills that are orange or yellow because a) they show up well on most all colors and b) there will not be anyone wearing those colors on the field except for referees.
2011 CFOA D5 Champions
2014 CFOA D4 Palmetto Open - 1st Place
Paintball Charleston - CFOA - RAZA - theChive
GrimReafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM #23
wildspinx
T-MOB

Annual Supporting Member
wildspinx plays in the PSP
wildspinx helped look for balloons
wildspinx supports Team VICIOUS
wildspinx supports DLX Technology
yea thats true, its a never ending debate really. And it would probably be something that would have to be brought up at the last event of the year or novemberish time for the following season. So that way teams could talk to their paint sponsors/ fields that are providing paint to make sure the correct color is ordered from the dealer. And im pm'ing you now, still working on a "home" field.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM #24
usedpaintballstuff

usedpaintballstuff plays in the PSP
usedpaintballstuff plays in the APPA D3 division
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
So you are saying he wants to make red, pink and orange prohitated colors?

Thats like saying..ok america..you can keep all of your guns...but it is now illegal to have bullets...lol

Anyways Im done with this...

Grimreafer please PM me you the Army teams are practicing on Feb 3rd

EDIT: red looks like blood and pink stains...Im pretty sure that is why they are prohitated colors...
2009 Regional 3-Man Champs
2008 World Cup Champs

Last edited by usedpaintballstuff : 01-23-2013 at 09:05 PM.
usedpaintballstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 PM #25
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
So you are saying he wants to make red, pink and orange prohitated colors?

Thats like saying..ok america..you can keep all of your guns...but it is now illegal to have bullets...lol

Anyways Im done with this...

Grimreafer please PM me you the Army teams are practicing on Feb 3rd

EDIT: red looks like blood and pink stains...Im pretty sure that is why they are prohitated colors...
Red is blood. I wasn't aware that pink is prohibited, though it certainly stains. I'm not saying change anything. I was giving reason why certain colors are protected.

I think that you're misinterpreting what I said. Someone above me posted something regarding making orange a legal color in the CFOA. I said that it might be doable, however teams would not be allowed to shoot orange paint because the paint becomes nearly invisible if the orange clothing is bright enough. I think this entire thing has continued based on a misunderstanding/misinterpretation of something I said.

EDIT:

This will hopefully put my earlier mark in perspective and show the context in which I was speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochance View Post
Any chance we can get orange removed from the protected colors? Psp did away with it a few years back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_condolences View Post
If teams would comply and not bring any orange filled paint, it might be doable. Unfortunately, this would also mess up a few teams who bring orange paint to events as then we would not be able to allow them to shoot it.

Last edited by simple_condolences : 01-23-2013 at 10:33 PM.
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 PM #26
Borg_

Quote:
Its really quite simple...You can us any fill color except red, pink and fills that stain...being a ref you should know this..
It sounds like you're saying yellow/orange are prohibited PAINT colors. Definitely prohibited clothing/gun colors, not paint.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:11 PM #27
jeepmiller09
Miller

My gun is black and Gold here below is a pic of it. Will I have any problems with it being gold? if so can i just cover it with black duck tape if it is a problem?

jeepmiller09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:15 PM #28
usedpaintballstuff

usedpaintballstuff plays in the PSP
usedpaintballstuff plays in the APPA D3 division
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
sexy gun...im betting you will be fine...the common repply is to ask the head ref the day of event...
2009 Regional 3-Man Champs
2008 World Cup Champs
usedpaintballstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 AM #29
wildspinx
T-MOB

Annual Supporting Member
wildspinx plays in the PSP
wildspinx helped look for balloons
wildspinx supports Team VICIOUS
wildspinx supports DLX Technology
jeep i have that Identical gun I will be using. It is very much a gold over a yellow color. I got it assuming it would be fine and would be shocked if it wasnt. But I am also bringing tape just in case.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 AM #30
NCpaintballer
Zerokidz

has been a member for 10 years
NCpaintballer supports Team VICIOUS
NCpaintballer plays in the APPA D4 division
NCpaintballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Pink is prohibited? I haven't played in forever lol. I remember shooting the pink ultra evil back in the day that stuff was tits
Old 01-24-2013, 08:38 AM #31
Borg_

I've always known pink to be a problem related to some lung issue. Can't remember exactly what though.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 AM #32
dang
betty

dang plays in the PSP
dang plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple_condolences View Post
Nothing I know of. PSP made the fields shorter again and added four bunkers. Other than that, I haven't heard of/seen any changes for this coming season. If you'd like to be briefed on the rule book, consider attending the CFOA/PSP Referee Clinic February 16.

Good answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmiller09 View Post
My gun is black and Gold here below is a pic of it. Will I have any problems with it being gold? if so can i just cover it with black duck tape if it is a problem?

Jeep,
I would see no problem with that gun. Its gold, and the way those timmies were annoed, it doesn't look like the way the yellow paint breaks.

Dan
Paintball Central
GUNS FOR SALE

Last edited by dang : 01-24-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added more
dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM #33
jeepmiller09
Miller

Padding??

I am reading the rules and the padding part i have some questions it states:
Clothing
9.1.1. Players must wear only one pair of full-length pants and only a long-sleeved jersey. Players may wear only one layer of underclothing consisting of, at maximum, one pair of under-shorts and one short or long sleeve t-shirt, provided that it contains no padding. Any other soft padding in garments is prohibited.

Does this mean all padding has to be built into the Jersery??

ALSO under

9.2. Protective Gear

9.2.5. Players may wear one layer of padding and/or other protection on the elbow, forearm, knee or shin, provided that padding and/or protection has not been modified from the manufacturer’s original form.

Is this in addition to or in place of padding in the Jersery?

Trying to order Team jersery from Raza but unsure what padding is better or can we have both jersery and personal protection.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 AM #34
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Clothing
9.1.1. Players must wear only one pair of full-length pants and only a long-sleeved jersey. Players may wear only one layer of underclothing consisting of, at maximum, one pair of under-shorts and one short or long sleeve t-shirt, provided that it contains no padding. Any other soft padding in garments is prohibited.

ALSO under

9.2. Protective Gear

9.2.5. Players may wear one layer of padding and/or other protection on the elbow, forearm, knee or shin, provided that padding and/or protection has not been modified from the manufacturer’s original form.

Trying to order Team jersery from Raza but unsure what padding is better or can we have both jersery and personal protection.
My understanding is padding - standard paintball padding that is - is allowed, and u can't double up - for instance say u can't wear a skin tight chest protector and one that is slightly larger above that... Unless I am missing something, but I read it the same way.
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM #35
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Clothing

ALSO under

9.2. Protective Gear

Padding in jerseys these days is becoming ridiculous, I don't think anyone will disagree with that. That being said, you ARE allowed to wear a jersey and a t-shirt. Under armour is NOT counted as a layer, as the shirt is form fitting and extremely thin. If you're ordering jerseys, the biggest thing to be make sure of is that you don't use ridiculous patterns that will hide hits and you don't use the protected colors is excess of I believe 10%.

General rule of thumb, if you'd be pissed at another team for wearing the padding you're wearing, don't wear it. Pretty easy to follow?

The call is of course at the discretion of the head referee the day of the event, however I have seen players wearing arm pads underneath padded jerseys and don't usually see anyone having an issue with it.

Last edited by simple_condolences : 01-24-2013 at 11:47 AM.
simple_condolences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM #36
dang
betty

dang plays in the PSP
you can have a padded jersey, and wear elbow pads, and wear a t-shirt under your jersey. you can wear pants with padded knees with knee/shin protection and a pair of shorts under your pants. That is about it.

You are not allowed to have a padded undershirt under your padded jersey. You cant wear a puffy sweatshirt under your padded jersey and the same for pants.

You are not allowed to wear a chest protector unless it is your breast protection and you are a female.
Paintball Central
GUNS FOR SALE
Old 01-24-2013, 12:32 PM #37
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Clothing

ALSO under

9.2. Protective Gear

Jeep -

I emailed Brian and he said standard paintball padding IS allowed, but a chest protector is not (save the female exception).

So knee pads, slide shorts and elbow pads are a go.
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM #38
jeepmiller09
Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason74 View Post
Jeep -

I emailed Brian and he said standard paintball padding IS allowed, but a chest protector is not (save the female exception).

So knee pads, slide shorts and elbow pads are a go.
Thanks you Mason!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:44 PM #39
jeepmiller09
Miller

2 weeks ago I got Dye C12 Chevron Orange Pants for 150 and tha was b4 i knew about the protected colors.... It is a deep orange almost red. Is this something I will have to ask the ref about wearing or should i just color them in with a red colored sharpy?

Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM #40
dang
betty

dang plays in the PSP
Probably wouldn't be a problem. One of the best things you could do would be to come to the CFOA open Practice, and ask all of your questions there, instead of 100 on here. Its a pretty great deal.

Dan Smith
Paintball Central
GUNS FOR SALE
Old 01-24-2013, 03:19 PM #41
jeepmiller09
Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
Probably wouldn't be a problem. One of the best things you could do would be to come to the CFOA open Practice, and ask all of your questions there, instead of 100 on here. Its a pretty great deal.

Dan Smith
I would love to go but my team only has 4 on the roster and I think only 3 of us can go. I am off that day from the fire station so i might make a trip to go see you all play if I have the time. We are brand new to the CFOA and to speedball in general. Played many of games of woods ball b4. So I have to say first sorry for the noob questions lol and Second THANK YOU ALL soo much for answering and helping not only myself but my team too. We are looking forward to seeing you all and playing against the D6 3man teams.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 PM #42
dang
betty

dang plays in the PSP
Jeep,
I am going to say if just 3 of you show up you could probably still play pick up. It usually works out that way anyways.

Dan
Paintball Central
GUNS FOR SALE