Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM #1
rsion4191

rsion4191 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VERY troubled day with my '05 Black Magic.

Long story short:

'05 Black Magic with E2 1.10. Has (what I believe to be at least) a KAPP Ram. Also, has a WGP Tickler LPR & an older CP ON/OFF. Everything else is stock.

So, I start the day at SC at the small graveyard field with my dad & three friends. I'm in PSP mode. As soon as it gets into ramping, I realize that balls are starting to break out of the barrel. I get shot out & after the game we head back to the car. I'm checking inside my feedneck & there's a couple breaks in there. Also, there are breaks inside my Rotor.

I'm not sure if the breaks are from these things:

The Rotor. I don't understand why the Rotor would break the balls I had. It wasn't cold by any stretch so they couldn't have been brittle. They were RPS Premiums that sat for almost a week inside of Paintball Gateway.

Barrel: I was using my Kaner kit, but didn't underbore too much. I was actually at .684 in the beginning & thought my barrel was causing it. Switched to a .687 & it kept happening.

Black Magic: It may have been blowback from the gun that caused breaks, but I couldn't imagine that because I just had it somewhat teched by Jerry at I&I here in Carson. Could it be a timing issue?

Any suggestions, Nation?

Last edited by rsion4191 : 01-22-2013 at 08:18 PM.
rsion4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM #2
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

sounds like you had some bad paint, or maybe some of them got broken somewhere between the bag, your pods, and being dumped in.....i say that since you found them inside your loader. if it was blowback i dont think you find breaks up above the feeding system. and as long as your settings are decent i dont think it'd be blowback either, unless your bolt has a bad fit.

if you wanna check for blow back, load one the put another in the feedneck, if it goes up when you shoot the first one, you have blowback.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM #3
s_salcido75

s_salcido75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
s_salcido75 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It was warm last weekend the paint shouldn't have been brittle. It sounds like you have a timing issue. If you don't know how to time it yourself and since you are in Carson, i would suggest taking it to paintballgateway in Gardena.
05 Prostock Dust Orange
03 Prostock pump Gloss Black
98 Carter Sniper2 Cobalt Blue
s_salcido75 is offline   Reply With Quote