PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM #253
GIJoe74

GIJoe74 supports Team VICIOUS
GIJoe74 plays in the APPA D5 division
GIJoe74 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Most of this has been said, I just want to put my 2 cents in.

-more fields that allow BYOP
-Less douchebags
-more fields in general (I do hate driving 45 mins to an hour to get to the nearest fields)
-High school/ middle school teams. Might spark a bigger interest in kids if they have the choice to do it in school like other sports. It would also get some parents and other adults on board possibly.

New England Insidious #74

"Excellence is not given, but molded from striving through the struggle"
GIJoe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:21 PM #254
PEfan13oy

PEfan13oy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
lower paint prices for sure!! everyone always complains about the sport not growing or getting enough attention. but just imagine how crowded fields would get. sure there would be more fields, but still.
PEfan13oy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 PM #255
iix FRITZ
Paintball is Stupid....

iix FRITZ is playing at Living Legends VI
iix FRITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iix FRITZ supports DLX Technology
According to the "older" ballers, paint is as cheap as its ever been...if its 20 bucks in ten years for a case, People will still be bit***ng about how paint is so expensive.

I'm a civilized redneck.

Homefield - Wiseguy Paintball

PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG IF YOU SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
iix FRITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:39 AM #256
InfiniteMiles

This is selfish, but I wish there were no semis

Or rather I wish there were more pump only events.
InfiniteMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM #257
Wheeldogg
Sam

Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wheeldogg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wheeldogg has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wheeldogg has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoe74 View Post
Most of this has been said, I just want to put my 2 cents in.

-more fields that allow BYOP
-Less douchebags
-more fields in general (I do hate driving 45 mins to an hour to get to the nearest fields)
-High school/ middle school teams. Might spark a bigger interest in kids if they have the choice to do it in school like other sports. It would also get some parents and other adults on board possibly.
if there were high school and middle school teams it would take the novelty out of paintballing and would cause it to become less of a game and more of a who can be the best scenario. More of the annoying kids that everyone comes on here and complains about would begin to show up at local fields. more people at the field is good but one of the reasons i play is because of the small community and the family like atmosphere at the field. just my 2 cents

Recball Videos (add yours today!)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3927913
Wheeldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:16 PM #258
GanjaPalooza
Double D

Annual Supporting Member
GanjaPalooza owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GanjaPalooza plays in the APPA D4 division
GanjaPalooza has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This sport will never grow to a serious professional level if CHEATING is still as widespread as it is. Not only does cheating ruin this sport and slam chances of people taking it more seriously, there are literally no large-scale professional sports where cheating is as easy as it is in paintball (Besides Steroids, which still doesn't even compare on the scale)

Not only is cheating a large part of the "Professional" aspect, but also people are beginning to think it's "cool" or you are more awesome if you can get away with cheating. Wrong. Even the simple fact that popular Paintball videos are FULL of players cheating..... why do we show that? And why do you present it in an attractive manner?

Plain and simple, get rid of all the *******s who think cheating is part of the game and we have a good chance at watching this sport expand to a serious one.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:50 AM #259
Pb Jake
Rampage #7

Pb Jake owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pb Jake has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pb Jake has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Pb Jake supports DLX Technology
Prices
Pb Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:31 PM #260
Nategurany
Austin Baller

Annual Supporting Member
Nategurany plays in the PSP
Nategurany owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nategurany owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nategurany posts videos on PbNation
Nategurany is an NCPA player
Nategurany plays in the APPA D4 division
The amount of money it takes to play the sport my wallet is suffering !
Nategurany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 PM #261
Ball101

SIDELINE COACHING!!!!!!!!!!! What benefit does side line coaching have when a player is running down the field to bunker a player to open up the game for his team. the opponent with his back turned (would have got riped apart!) hears someone scream and trades out with the player.... Leaveing the player who made the right decision to open up the game basacily ineffective.....??????
Ball101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM #262
Ball101

^^^ or vice versa the player who didn't have the balls to make the move to bunker someone sits in his bunker and hears from the sideline there's someone coming and shoots him out staying alive... I feel this is taking alot away from the game! Please share your input!
Ball101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 AM #263
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaPalooza View Post
This sport will never grow to a serious professional level if CHEATING is still as widespread as it is. Not only does cheating ruin this sport and slam chances of people taking it more seriously, there are literally no large-scale professional sports where cheating is as easy as it is in paintball (Besides Steroids, which still doesn't even compare on the scale)

Not only is cheating a large part of the "Professional" aspect, but also people are beginning to think it's "cool" or you are more awesome if you can get away with cheating. Wrong. Even the simple fact that popular Paintball videos are FULL of players cheating..... why do we show that? And why do you present it in an attractive manner?

Plain and simple, get rid of all the *******s who think cheating is part of the game and we have a good chance at watching this sport expand to a serious one.
cheating is seen as a part of the game but it does bring down it's image

Willing to pay for trades or anything with these too!!
XBOX 360 Games and Accessories!
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 AM #264
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Does anyone find that the politics of tournament paintball sometime get in the way of things?

Willing to pay for trades or anything with these too!!
XBOX 360 Games and Accessories!
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM #265
kyle4236
Ballin since 05

kyle4236 is BST Trusted
kyle4236 is playing at Living Legends VI
kyle4236 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kyle4236 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kyle4236 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kyle4236 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kyle4236 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117d7 View Post
Does anyone find that the politics of tournament paintball sometime get in the way of things?
Yeah.

N

Evolution
kyle4236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:33 PM #266
TeamAlice
Peow Peow Peow Peow

TeamAlice owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
TeamAlice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Only the price to take up the sport. If it was just a little cheaper there would be so many more players.

Weapon Planet Eclipse Etek 3AM w/ Hush Bolt & Ape Rampage Board
Hopper Dye Rotor V3 w/ Exalt Speed Feed
Tank Luxifer 48/3000 w/ Ninja Reg & Exalt Bottle Cover
The Rest Custom PE Team Jersey, HK Army Hardline Stealth pants, Dye i4's, HK Army Eject Harness 3+4, and Dye Core Knee & Elbow Pads, Dye Sandana and Derder Headband
TeamAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:34 PM #267
texas skeeter
UncleSam says,"GET A JOB"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangerinjaw View Post
I wish people would stop slamming kids that get money from there parents to play.
L'dMAO when i read this. I have 2 young boys and will say, when they get old enough to play and keep good grades in school they will be rocking the field with an LV4, 5 or 6 and wearing the top gear HaHa......
texas skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 PM #268
Bcasper86

Bcasper86 plays in the PSP
Bcasper86 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117d7 View Post

cheating is seen as a part of the game but it does bring down it's image
Cheating is no different than penalties in other sports such as hokey and football. When caught there is a consequence.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 PM #269
keeter990
Kreeton

The cost. The sport would be much easier to grow if it wasn't so expensive. We all know there's no reason for any marker to be $1000 plus. No reason paint should be $60 a case. I don't know about other places but in Oklahoma if a player wants to play against good players and practice for a tourney, they have to buy inferior paint at top grade prices, then pay $15-$20 just to play. So for one day of paintball that's $80. For a serious player wanting to practice often it's extremely costly and that's after buying the gear needed. It's ridiculous and without a doubt drives away many, many players

Troll
keeter990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 PM #270
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen supports Cereal Killerz 2
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Coenen has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeter990 View Post
We all know there's no reason for any marker to be $1000 plus. No reason paint should be $60 a case.
Who is we?

What all of us SHOULD know is that people open businesses and develop products for the sole purpose of generating profit. Not out of the goodness of their hearts. You "know" that markers and paint shouldn't cost so much? The people who operate those companies know that they have bills to pay, and mouths to feed.

You don't want to pay $1000 for a gun? Buy something cheaper. Same with paint. Paintball is an expensive sport, for field owners too. There's a lot of money needs to be made to keep a field operating, rent, insurance, equipment, employees, electricity, all of that costs. A lot of it costs even more if it's a quality facility, and even more than that if it's located in a nice area. That's without even mentioning the big, bad profits that the field owner makes so that he can pay his mortgage, keep his lights on and feed his family.

Support your local field as best you can, even if it's not as cheap as you'd like, otherwise, you'll find you have no field at all.
...and it's gone.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 PM #271
Angron
Waaaaatttaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Angron owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
This is merely my opinion, don't freak out at the idea of someone having conflicting thoughts

Mindset

Personally, I would change the overall mentality of play. Lots of guys come out locally to play with a "Big fish, little pond" style of thought. They have no real interest in bringing up the players around them, they only have a desire to shut down opposing players/teams and have no real sense of "on/off" the field with their demeanor. I've competed in several sports (soccer, baseball, basketball, wrestling.) and I see it worse here than any other, I get psyching out the opposite team and trash talk. Its apart of every sport but this one seems to bring it out even worse and it is honestly what is driving people away more than anything else from what i've seen. People do have the desire to get better and play more but who wants to go to and play a sport where you get berated a majority of the time? "People shouldn't be so sensitive, they should understand" I agree to a certain extent but the rest of the people who would like to play who don't really have an understanding of that, don't.

Coaching
As a snake player and overall lover of a "Fog of war" aspect. I think coaching ruins the games ability for surprise and interesting tactics. I don't think having someone on the side of the game screaming out the opposing teams positions is really a benefit to the game. People want to see cool exciting aspects of the sport and with coaching you just end up in a more stagnant style of play. I understand that a lot of other sports have coaching and it is overall beneficial to the game, but I feel as though this sport is better without it. I understand fans pointing out positions were a large reason coaches were brought in but nevertheless, I still don't like it.

Wiping

This mostly pertains to random practice days outside of a tournament but I felt it was appropriate to mention.

I feel as though wiping is what ruins this game and the lack of "gentleman" thought when it comes to this game. If you get shot, get the out. Don't wipe on your bunker and come out of your bunker and start shooting. Don't be a little girl and "Waaaaah I got shot I wanna keep playing." Getting eliminated is the route to becoming a better player since you literally fail your way to being a good player. Also, no one wants to play with a scumbag who does this and it makes people also not want to play.

Just my 2 cents, if you took offense to what I said. Well, that's probably because you're one of the players that no one likes to deal with. For those who are respectful sportsman type players, I salute you.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM #272
ka-titties
They call me D1

ka-titties plays in the APPA D5 division
ka-titties has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ka-titties supports DLX Technology
ka-titties supports Empire
I wish there was no coaching.

APGOB.com Mississippi MEERKATS! D4
ka-titties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM #273
Jose1998

Jose1998 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jose1998 posts videos on PbNation
Jose1998 plays in the APPA D4 division
Jose1998 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
All the sandbaggers that kill the sport.