Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM #64
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Its not about fair teams, its about leveling the equipment. If he is unloading faster than any rentals possibly could just make him play with people who have comparable equipment. Take talent out of it, Ive seen people with 3K in gear show up who cant turn their guns on. Just don't put him in the situation where he can consistently out-shoot people, quantity wise. It is his choice to play or not but if you simply say something like "Sorry, but these guns cant possibly compete with your gun so were going to let them play with other people with similar guns".
Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM #65
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Its not about fair teams, its about leveling the equipment. If he is unloading faster than any rentals possibly could just make him play with people who have comparable equipment. Take talent out of it, Ive seen people with 3K in gear show up who cant turn their guns on. Just don't put him in the situation where he can consistently out-shoot people, quantity wise. It is his choice to play or not but if you simply say something like "Sorry, but these guns cant possibly compete with your gun so were going to let them play with other people with similar guns".
Yea, but like I said, we are a small field, so sometimes we may not have any scheduled groups and just have walk-on rentals first timers instead, so I have no choice but to mix him in. I try to keep him away from them as much as I possibly can.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 PM #66
Zippin35

Not to be the douche but it sounds like you have tried every politically correct measure int he book and this kid pretty much ignores it and mangles the newbies. Any nice suggestion has been tried or can not be done so with that, it sounds like you just need to pony up and tell this kid hes done walking over the newbs. He is not allowed to play with the rentals and others that he clearly targets to run over. Tell the kid to sack up and play with people at his level or to wait in the staging area.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM #67
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
^^ What he said.... The End.

NOBAMA
rexisme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 PM #68
Joe Trumbo

Joe Trumbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I thought it would be cool if you "experienced players" pulled out the gillie suit in the closet and became a "renter" haha. I would try the ego boost but if that failed dude its time to call him out.. Get a bunch of guys and pull him aside and tell him what he needs to hear.! But emphasize that you get better when you get a good beating now or then. I would try to help this kid realize his potential
Joe Trumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM #69
thenoob23
Dayton Distortion

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
I would just rush right over the field and start yelling and overshoot his butt even if he sais he is out ill say i cant hear him lol.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 PM #70
Joe Trumbo

Joe Trumbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23
I would just rush right over the field and start yelling and overshoot his butt even if he sais he is out ill say i cant hear him lol.
And what would that accomplish?

Last edited by Joe Trumbo : 01-22-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Joe Trumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 PM #71
FalconPunchKid
UNKOWN

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
wow

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 AM #72
rethalis

Quote:

-_-
rethalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM #73
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Yea, don't think that will work. But, I think I'm just going to have to pull him aside, and talk to him, give him that ego boost. I've been told he has problems at home, so that may be part of the problem.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 AM #74
Zippin35

Quote:
You should be ashamed.

Back on track, I am a firm believer that Americans today are pussies. Everyone needs their hand held and their back rubbed while mommy tells you it will be ok. I know hes young and all but hes gonna have to sack up sometime. People use trouble at home or other "dilemmas" shall we say to get away with anything. So hes got issues at home, that means he gets to play paintball every weekend? Hell, I'd take that trade! Just because you have issues at home doesn't mean you get to knowingly and repeatedly take advantage of others and it certainly doesn't mean you have to watch it happen. So he has a bad day at paintball, life ender? God I hope not but at least he learns a lesson early on in life instead of milking it a few more years and not dealing with the actual issue until its far too engrained.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM #75
brienpeppers

brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If you have tried every PC way to get him to stop doing this. Maybe it's time to pull him to the side or in your office or whatever you have equivalent to that and tell him it a polite way what the issue is. You don't have to "teach him a lesson" or be a dick to him like many people were saying. Just be more straightforward with him (in a polite way) so that he knows he has to step up with the big boys.

It's bad for business to have a person like this pounding on new kids because, to many first-timers, this would scare them off.

Sit down with him and talk to him like he's an adult (I know he's 16). Make him aware of the problem and work it out with him. After all you want to keep his business but he needs to stop up with the big boys.

Edit: I apologize. I should have read the entire thread. Looks like you are already planning on doing this. It will be good to know how this works out. Good luck

"In Soviet Russia bunker hides behind you."
brienpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM #76
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienpeppers View Post
If you have tried every PC way to get him to stop doing this. Maybe it's time to pull him to the side or in your office or whatever you have equivalent to that and tell him it a polite way what the issue is. You don't have to "teach him a lesson" or be a dick to him like many people were saying. Just be more straightforward with him (in a polite way) so that he knows he has to step up with the big boys.

It's bad for business to have a person like this pounding on new kids because, to many first-timers, this would scare them off.

Sit down with him and talk to him like he's an adult (I know he's 16). Make him aware of the problem and work it out with him. After all you want to keep his business but he needs to stop up with the big boys.

Edit: I apologize. I should have read the entire thread. Looks like you are already planning on doing this. It will be good to know how this works out. Good luck
No need to apologize lol. Yea, he was apparently just at the field this past Sunday, so he'll probably be back in another 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll be around then to talk to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
You should be ashamed.

Back on track, I am a firm believer that Americans today are pussies. Everyone needs their hand held and their back rubbed while mommy tells you it will be ok. I know hes young and all but hes gonna have to sack up sometime. People use trouble at home or other "dilemmas" shall we say to get away with anything. So hes got issues at home, that means he gets to play paintball every weekend? Hell, I'd take that trade! Just because you have issues at home doesn't mean you get to knowingly and repeatedly take advantage of others and it certainly doesn't mean you have to watch it happen. So he has a bad day at paintball, life ender? God I hope not but at least he learns a lesson early on in life instead of milking it a few more years and not dealing with the actual issue until its far too engrained.
I agree, every time this kid comes to the field, I roll my eyes at my manager, and he's just like "well he has problems at home," and I feel like saying "that doesn't give him the right to pound on rentals," but I believe the best course of action is to pull him aside and talk to him about it. He probably won't like it, and it will make him feel uncomfortable, but it needs to be done.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 PM #77
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
you can get a pro player with the noobs and try to shoot him from the beggining. how many times is he going to loose? eventually he will stop playing with them.
And you can change the 15 bodies regulation to 10 bodies or lower whenever he is there.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM #78
FCMEDIC
A.Williams

FCMEDIC owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
FCMEDIC has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would have a hard time dealin with this kid, especially since you have been dealing with him for four years. Does your field have an overshooting rule in place?

http://www.tigerpb.com/

Last edited by FCMEDIC : 01-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.
FCMEDIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM #79
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMEDIC View Post
I would have a hard time dealin with this kid, especially since you have been dealing with him for four years. Does your field have an overshooting rule in place?
Yes, we do. He doesn't overshoot them, just shoots way more than necessary in a fun game in the woods against first timers. When I play against people like that, I sit back in one spot, and just use one finger, maybe hitting 5bps max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostis11 View Post
you can get a pro player with the noobs and try to shoot him from the beggining. how many times is he going to loose? eventually he will stop playing with them.
And you can change the 15 bodies regulation to 10 bodies or lower whenever he is there.
Don't know what you mean by get a pro player... and I can't change the rule on the 15 body regulation for party. I just enforce the rules. And besides, if this kid sees anyone with decent equipment, he won't play unless they're on his team.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 PM #80
Wheeldogg
Sam

Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wheeldogg has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wheeldogg has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wheeldogg has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
just wondering if you could get a video of him playing on your phone or something so we can see just how bad this is.
Wheeldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM #81
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeldogg View Post
just wondering if you could get a video of him playing on your phone or something so we can see just how bad this is.
Can't really do that when I'm reffing. And apparently the manager is going to be out this weekend, so I have to run the shop, but he probably won't be here this weekend considering he was just there last Sunday.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 AM #82
die.another.day

I think you should play with him and let HIM shoot YOU out. I think it will boost his confidence level if your using a high end gun
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:40 PM #83
loneassassin
A Grim and...

It might be too late to join this thread, but here's my take on the situation:

It's time to stop holding this kid's hand.

He's ruining potential future business for your field; and I guarantee that if you drop the "pc filter" you've been using with him and tell him about the facts of life, you'll still be much better off even if he quits playing at your field.

Flat out, he's being a coward, and being a coward is no way to live one's life. I would use those exact terms with him. Then, tell him that you'd like him to keep playing there; it's just that he needs to play with people at his own or higher skill level. It hurts no more to be shot by an "expert" than it does by a noob (lol, but he'll likely get shot A LOT more often playing at his level).

If he takes that advice and moves on, it's a win-win. If he quits, it's still a win for your field.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:57 PM #84
akilliz

why not just call him out not in a dick way but ask why he does that and let him know people know, call him out

youtube.com/vagblasterxl
akilliz is offline   Reply With Quote