Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 05:08 PM #1303
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons

don't think i've ever seen people go so ape**** over tech house

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 PM #1304
dpkidsrocks2

has been a member for 10 years
The minimal scene is getting a lot bigger especially in the US now. Its about time I don't know how people can stand a full night of the new style electro that people play out these days.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 PM #1305
Father of Lies (Banned)
Belle Humble

How about a little love for Zomboy?

Also, how many Skrillex haters are here? The only song I really like by him is "****ing Die 1" off his My Name Is Skrillex EP. I saw him at DEMF 2 years ago, when he was walking around. Dude was like 5'2, stupid haircut, hipster glasses, skinny jeans. That was when I was first getting into dubstep, now it seems like I can't tolerate him. Heavy metal is my mistress, I go to dubstep when I need a break.

Last edited by Father of Lies : 01-21-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 AM #1306
dpkidsrocks2

You hate skrillex but like zomboy? If I hate any brostep producer Zomboy is #1 on the list. He acts like a douche on stage, and his music is absolutely ****ing terrible, i know people have different taste, but seriously... really listen to that track you just linked lol.

Zomboy's music is the exact definition of what people call "Brostep". I kinda feel bad for him he will not be getting booked whatsoever in a few years and will be forgotten so easily...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 AM #1307
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
You hate Skrillex but love the biggest Skrillex copycat in the game? Da faq? It seems like the only reason you don't like Sonny is because of how he looks and how popular he is.

Sonny is a better dj and producer than Zomboy could ever hope to be.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM #1308
BBp8ntballaLP508
☮♥♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia View Post
You hate Skrillex but love the biggest Skrillex copycat in the game? Da faq? It seems like the only reason you don't like Sonny is because of how he looks and how popular he is.

Sonny is a better dj and producer than Zomboy could ever hope to be.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM #1309
cheeseelmo
billy

cheeseelmo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cheeseelmo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cheeseelmo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cheeseelmo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father of Lies View Post
How about a little love for Zomboy?

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bd944V89w

Also, how many Skrillex haters are here? The only song I really like by him is "****ing Die 1" off his My Name Is Skrillex EP. I saw him at DEMF 2 years ago, when he was walking around. Dude was like 5'2, stupid haircut, hipster glasses, skinny jeans. That was when I was first getting into dubstep, now it seems like I can't tolerate him. Heavy metal is my mistress, I go to dubstep when I need a break.
Zom boy's the ****

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 AM #1310
cheeseelmo
billy

I find skrillex is like a gateway drug to dubstep but once you start listening to more artists he definitely loses his touch...

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM #1311
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Yeah if you're still listening to his stuff circa 09...

I know that blind hatred is popular in the dubstep scene, but have you actually listened to any of the tracks he put out last year? It's a marked improvement over anything he's done in the past.

It's a wall made of 4x4s!

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 AM #1312
dpkidsrocks2

Skrillex's music whether you like it or not usually has a pretty good uplifting vibe to it, zomboy's music on the other hand is just **** on **** on **** + some more ****.

YOUNGSTA!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM #1313
cheeseelmo
billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkidsrocks2 View Post
Skrillex's music whether you like it or not usually has a pretty good uplifting vibe to it, zomboy's music on the other hand is just **** on **** on **** + some more ****.

YOUNGSTA!!!!
Ya but he uses the same uplift a million timesssssss

Old 01-22-2013, 01:07 PM #1314
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseelmo View Post
Quote:
he uses the same uplift a million timesssssss
Quote:
\the same uplift a million timesssssss
Quote:
same uplift
Quote:
uplift

Old 01-22-2013, 02:00 PM #1315
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Double post, **** you. BSE podcast guestmix from The Upbeats, showcasing a few of their new tracks forthcoming on their Primitive Technique LP on Vision Recordings.
https://soundcloud.com/blacksunempir...22-guestmix-by

Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 PM #1316
dpkidsrocks2

Quote:
oh ok my bad.

YOUNGSTA!!!! US TOUR!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 PM #1317
contractkiller20
Come to VLN my child

Definitely seeing youngsta when he comes to SF! Who's with me?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM #1318
dpkidsrocks2

Quote:
Originally Posted by contractkiller20 View Post
Definitely seeing youngsta when he comes to SF! Who's with me?
http://podcast.dgen.net/rinsefm/podc...gsta140113.mp3

File --> Save Page As

actually meant to link this one, but that link was last weeks show (super good)

this is the show from last night on rinse.

http://podcast.dgen.net/rinsefm/podc...gsta210113.mp3

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 01-22-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 PM #1319
Father of Lies (Banned)
Belle Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkidsrocks2 View Post
You hate skrillex but like zomboy? If I hate any brostep producer Zomboy is #1 on the list. He acts like a douche on stage, and his music is absolutely ****ing terrible, i know people have different taste, but seriously... really listen to that track you just linked lol.

Zomboy's music is the exact definition of what people call "Brostep". I kinda feel bad for him he will not be getting booked whatsoever in a few years and will be forgotten so easily...
Bro... I don't listen to dubstep all the time. Nobody I know listens to it, making it harder to find new stuff. So I'm on my own to find my own artists. This thread is nothing but people posting Youtube links. I'm not going to sit there and go through link up link just to find something I may like. I've been to one dubstep show and I wasn't on drugs other than weed, so I guess I was missing out on that front.

This is just like the pretentious douchebag metal thread where "AMMMGG U DONT LIEK THE SAME ARTISTS I DO UR MUZIK SUX!!!!!!!!"

But seriously... Zomboy.

Last edited by Father of Lies : 01-22-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM #1320
Etam

theres a very few amount of people that i know that listen to dubstep on a regular basis, its growing daily but they listen to the stereotypical skrillex, datsik, flux pavilion, excision.. etc etc...

it doesnt make it harder to find stuff and that hasnt stopped me from finding hundreds of different artists that i enjoy listening to, and if youre using that as an excuse then you dont actually give a **** about anything you listen to. if youre going to base something off of what other people think then you should probably find some other hobbies like being a hipster or skate boarding.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM #1321
Father of Lies (Banned)
Belle Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etam View Post
and if youre using that as an excuse then you dont actually give a **** about anything you listen to.
Reading is hard mode. I said I don't listen to dubstep all the time. I clearly don't give a **** about ANYTHING I listen to just because I don't listen to dubstep all the time and like real artists that ST approves of.

So let's recap.
  1. I don't listen to dubstep all the time.
  2. Nobody I know listens to it.
  3. I'm relatively new to dubstep.
  4. I accept that I don't listen to ST-approved artists.
  5. I don't care enough to go song by song through all the links in this massive thread. Bashing is far more fun, amirite?
  6. I've been to one dubstep/eletronica concert (DEMF in Detroit) and wasn't impressed with it.

Last edited by Father of Lies : 01-22-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM #1322
Etam

you forgot the other 99% of my post...

you claimed it was "hard" to find new music, yet this thread, which constantly has people posting music via youtube which is somehow a bad thing, and mixes, which have dozens of songs in each of them, yet you still claim its "hard" to find because you dont want to put the effort forth(ie this means you dont give enough ****s) into finding it. dont want to? dont come to this thread. dont tell us your opinion because we dont care. especially from someone who doesnt really listen to any of these genres

on top of that, you said you were "only on weed" when you went to a dubstep show, like that somehow made it detrimental. if you werent complete retard, you could enjoy music without drugs.. but thats probably too hard
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM #1323
Father of Lies (Banned)
Belle Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etam View Post
you forgot the other 99% of my post...

you claimed it was "hard" to find new music, yet this thread, which constantly has people posting music via youtube which is somehow a bad thing, and mixes, which have dozens of songs in each of them, yet you still claim its "hard" to find because you dont want to put the effort forth(ie this means you dont give enough ****s) into finding it. dont want to? dont come to this thread. dont tell us your opinion because we dont care. especially from someone who doesnt really listen to any of these genres

on top of that, you said you were "only on weed" when you went to a dubstep show, like that somehow made it detrimental. if you werent complete retard, you could enjoy music without drugs.. but thats probably too hard
I never said it was hard to find new music. If I really put forth an effort, I could find it. Out of all the music I own, I'd say about 4-5 albums are dubstep. So I guess it's truly my loss that I don't go through every single link. I don't know if I'll survive.

And I said only weed considering the amount of people I saw on drugs. Drugs are cool, but you are not. Give me a DARE lecture, please.

I will check out Youngsta (lol. Cute name.) though since he's coming to the D in Feb.

Last edited by Father of Lies : 01-22-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Closed Thread