Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 02:41 PM #1
slago
 
 
slago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada B.C.
slago owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
slago has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
slago has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
slago has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
2011 invasion vs 2012 Why the price difference?

Hey guys, I have searched these forums for an answer but the only thing I got were comparing the two markers not explaining why almost all of the 2011 invasions are listed on the B/S/T forums as 600$ OBO when you can buy a brand new 2012 invasion for the same price.

I know the 2012's had a price drop but that was some time ago and every 2011 I see on the BST is going for around 600$

Really I just want to know why, is it just everyone is overvaluing their used gear, is the 2011 that much better than 2012, I find it hard to believe alien would take a leap backwards tech wise from year to year. Just really curious as to why

Also really interested in picking one up seeing as it is so cheap now for what feels like high-end quality when I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one. I'm assuming it is better to go with a new 2012 than an old 2011 as I'm assuming the main difference would be the 2011 is already broken in, but seeing an older used gun go for the same as a newer new gun I just want to see if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for your help, although I'm sure it will be what I expected it to be I am unsure and there was no info on it

Cheers- scott
__________________
LNIB 20K Leagues Reflex Rail
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post78126661
slago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 PM #2
99BPS
 
 
99BPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Outside, NYC
People being silly, everyone i've spoken too thinks the 2012 is a major step FOWARD. Get it new, but also there is someone at mcarterbrown selling 5 of the 2012s, hardly used (reputable seller/not me ) for 400 a pop
__________________
Active Markers:
Competition: Alien Invasion (Black/Orange)
Dark Earth DP Threshold APE'd
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM #3
99BPS
 
 
99BPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Outside, NYC
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/e...invasions.html

he still has 4, wants

"Hater board with stock barrel(3 on the right side of the picture) -$371.06
Virtue board with stock barrel(2 on the left side of the picture) - $391.65
Barrel kit and Gat Wrap(2 set of full dust black backs .685, .687, .689) - $41.50


If you buy any 2, I'll throw in one set of barrel backs and gat wrap for free.

*update 1/21/2013*
Still have
4 Dust Black with Orange Accent can install either board
1 Gat Wrap (found another gat wrap)
1 Barrel kit."
__________________
Active Markers:
Competition: Alien Invasion (Black/Orange)
Dark Earth DP Threshold APE'd
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 PM #4
Jack Rice
 
 
Jack Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sacramento
Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by slago View Post
is the 2011 that much better than 2012,
The 2009 - 2011 had a lot more milling. The extra cash is for the look of the gun.
Many players have told me that they want me to make the Invasion as a more milled gun - and they will pay for the milling it takes.
Best value - buy a new Invasion - website is changing right now to the $499 price. Best looking gun - most will say 2009-2011... not hoseless
__________________
Alien
www.alienpb.com
"Just shoot one. You'll see"
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM #5
slago
 
 
slago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada B.C.
slago owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
slago has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
slago has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
slago has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
The 2009 - 2011 had a lot more milling. The extra cash is for the look of the gun.
Many players have told me that they want me to make the Invasion as a more milled gun - and they will pay for the milling it takes.
Best value - buy a new Invasion - website is changing right now to the $499 price. Best looking gun - most will say 2009-2011... not hoseless
Wow 499$ I wasn't even really on the fence before I always wanted one, now I'm for sure going to get one, thanks alot for the info jack
__________________
LNIB 20K Leagues Reflex Rail
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post78126661
slago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:57 PM #6
99BPS
 
 
99BPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Outside, NYC
I like the clean look of the 2012, never realized the older ones had higher resales based on the milling. The new hoseless ones are where its at, can't wait to snag one!
__________________
Active Markers:
Competition: Alien Invasion (Black/Orange)
Dark Earth DP Threshold APE'd
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 PM #7
thesleek1
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New jersey
thesleek1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
website is changing right now to the $499 price.
I wish I had waited a month to buy mine
thesleek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 AM #8
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!
 
l1ryan1l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by slago View Post
Hey guys, I have searched these forums for an answer but the only thing I got were comparing the two markers not explaining why almost all of the 2011 invasions are listed on the B/S/T forums as 600$ OBO when you can buy a brand new 2012 invasion for the same price.

I know the 2012's had a price drop but that was some time ago and every 2011 I see on the BST is going for around 600$

Really I just want to know why, is it just everyone is overvaluing their used gear, is the 2011 that much better than 2012, I find it hard to believe alien would take a leap backwards tech wise from year to year. Just really curious as to why

Also really interested in picking one up seeing as it is so cheap now for what feels like high-end quality when I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one. I'm assuming it is better to go with a new 2012 than an old 2011 as I'm assuming the main difference would be the 2011 is already broken in, but seeing an older used gun go for the same as a newer new gun I just want to see if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for your help, although I'm sure it will be what I expected it to be I am unsure and there was no info on it

Cheers- scott

Well there is no 2011/2010 Invasion, the Alien marker you're thinking of is called the Independence (2010-2011) like Jack said has much more milling and had a starting price of around $1k when they were released, and are made in the USA. the Invasion (released in 2012) has a lot less milling and started out at $599 when they were first release, but Jack has dropped the price to $499

Last edited by l1ryan1l : 01-23-2013 at 11:08 AM.
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 PM #9
Lemi Died
 
 
Lemi Died's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/e...invasions.html

he still has 4, wants

"Hater board with stock barrel(3 on the right side of the picture) -$371.06
Virtue board with stock barrel(2 on the left side of the picture) - $391.65
Barrel kit and Gat Wrap(2 set of full dust black backs .685, .687, .689) - $41.50


If you buy any 2, I'll throw in one set of barrel backs and gat wrap for free.

*update 1/21/2013*
Still have
4 Dust Black with Orange Accent can install either board
1 Gat Wrap (found another gat wrap)
1 Barrel kit."
I think he is down to one now with hater board. I just bought one of his, definately nice guns. Very nice and professional seller.
__________________
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!
Lemi Died is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump