Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 PM #1156
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post

Recruiting stars don't actually mean anything. It's all about evaluation. Signing the right players.
Literally the only Bama fan ever to say that. I applaud you on not star gazing.
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM #1157
BenderBR
1%ing on you *****es

Quote:
Recruiting stars don't actually mean anything. It's all about evaluation. Signing the right players.
Youre right. The 6-6 year following by the 11 wins in the SEC year had nothing to do with development. The talent was a huge change. God, I hope you don't actually believe the things you post and are just trolling for the attention you want.

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 PM #1158
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Now your changing your argument to one that is impossible to disprove. Under this new argument of your, no one could ever be developed, only "evaluated." And again, you'd be implying no one gets any better after high school.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 PM #1159
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
Ohio State has come on late for Bell and Tennessee is the instate threat, but Bama's coaches probably have the best relationship with Bell.
He is visiting this weekend and the coaches told him they will be having "Vonn Bell Day" I am very interested to see what that is.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM #1160
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Talent evaluation is a huge part of CFB, you have to be able to identify the raw athletes that you can develop to fit your system. Evaluation and development go hand in hand.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 PM #1161
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
lol@this nonsense about julio drawing doubles. the reason he had a big first half is because the 9ers coverage was focused on white and they put that brown dude on julio and he got clowned on. he got beat like a drum all game regardless who he was supposed to cover.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM #1162
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderBR View Post
Youre right. The 6-6 year following by the 11 wins in the SEC year had nothing to do with development. The talent was a huge change. God, I hope you don't actually believe the things you post and are just trolling for the attention you want.
Texas A&M going 6-6 had nothing to do with talent. They just blew a ridiculous amount of close games because Sherman's program just couldn't execute when it counted most.

Sumlin just put the considerable talent that A&M already had in position to win which is all they really needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
Now your changing your argument to one that is impossible to disprove. Under this new argument of your, no one could ever be developed, only "evaluated." And again, you'd be implying no one gets any better after high school.
I'm not doing that at all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoNxRoCkEr View Post
Talent evaluation is a huge part of CFB, you have to be able to identify the raw athletes that you can develop to fit your system. Evaluation and development go hand in hand.
This.

Evaluation and development are pretty much the same thing. Like I said, development starts with evaluation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
He is visiting this weekend and the coaches told him they will be having "Vonn Bell Day" I am very interested to see what that is.
Getting that last visit is big, but Bama's insiders seem cautiously optimistic on Bell, so I'll go with them as they're right most of the time.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 PM #1163
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
lol@this nonsense about julio drawing doubles. the reason he had a big first half is because the 9ers coverage was focused on white and they put that brown dude on julio and he got clowned on. he got beat like a drum all game regardless who he was supposed to cover.
That's dumb, dude. All you have to do is watch the game and look at the defensive backs lining up with Julio. It's no secret that Julio drew more double coverage from defenses than White or Gonzalez this year.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 PM #1164
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You have to do both to be an elite program. A good coach/developer will get beat against the best if they don't have the talent, and a team loaded with talent will get beat if they can't discipline/develop their kids.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM #1165
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
That's dumb, dude. All you have to do is watch the game and look at the defensive backs lining up with Julio. It's no secret that Julio drew more double coverage from defenses than White or Gonzalez this year.
your argument just collapsed on itself since white drew the opponents best corner basically all year including both po games. ****, at points in the game, rodgers was on Gonzo yesterday.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM #1166
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
your argument just collapsed on itself since white drew the opponents best corner basically all year including both po games. ****, at points in the game, rodgers was on Gonzo yesterday.
No, it didn't. Defending a receiver isn't just about putting your "best corner" on him, it's about making effective use of double teams. And teams don't even match up #1 v. #1 very much anymore. Different plays bring different coverages.

And, as I said, Julio consistently draws more double teams than any other Falcons receiver. Yesterday, he was doubled for the entire second half which in turn opened up things for Roddy.

The thing about ATL's offense is that when Julio is in one on one coverage, more often than not Matt Ryan will change the play to go to him, regardless of what they were going to run. You can't cover him with just one defensive back.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 PM #1167
giants57

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...y-Tyler-135071
Came up over the weekend and said he "fell in love with what he saw" With this kid's offer list how is he only a 3* yet kids with half of who has offered him are 4* recruits. That's why I don't agree with * systems most of the time.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM #1168
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
No, it didn't. Defending a receiver isn't just about putting your "best corner" on him, it's about making effective use of double teams. And teams don't even match up #1 v. #1 very much anymore. Different plays bring different coverages.

And, as I said, Julio consistently draws more double teams than any other Falcons receiver. Yesterday, he was doubled for the entire second half which in turn opened up things for Roddy.

The thing about ATL's offense is that when Julio is in one on one coverage, more often than not Matt Ryan will change the play to go to him, regardless of what they were going to run. You can't cover him with just one defensive back.
this entire post is conjecture.

Julio is a good receiver, but when you have Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez on your team compared to plugs+ Bradon Pettigrew, its really not worth discussing. Teams straight up KNEW that megatron was essentially the only threat in the passing game for the Lions and he STILL broke the record for receiving yards.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM #1169
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants57 View Post
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...y-Tyler-135071
Came up over the weekend and said he "fell in love with what he saw" With this kid's offer list how is he only a 3* yet kids with half of who has offered him are 4* recruits. That's why I don't agree with * systems most of the time.
The only good offers he has are TAMU and South Carolina.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM #1170
giants57

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
The only good offers he has are TAMU and South Carolina.
Wrong. Okie Lite, Ole Miss, Louisville, and most importantly your old arch nemesis Candy that you can't beat. All of them have good recruiting classes right now. Outside out Louisville all of those teams, including WVU are in the top 25.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 PM #1171
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
That cuts both ways, Madgoat. Julio might be open but they throw to White or Gonzalez if they are also open. If the lions are forced to throw to Megatron more, he will have better numbers.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM #1172
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
That cuts both ways, Madgoat. Julio might be open but they throw to White or Gonzalez if they are also open. If the lions are forced to throw to Megatron more, he will have better numbers.
Megatron legitimately drew double teams of almost every snap he played this year, he may have gotten more throws but he had to work way harder to make those receptions.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 PM #1173
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoNxRoCkEr View Post
Megatron legitimately drew double teams of almost every snap he played this year, he may have gotten more throws but he had to work way harder to make those receptions.
this x100. keep in mind they also have zero run game. he is literally the only weapon they have and defenses know that. breaking the yardage record when the best he could hope for was only a double team is pretty ridiculous.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 AM #1174
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
this entire post is conjecture.

Julio is a good receiver, but when you have Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez on your team compared to plugs+ Bradon Pettigrew, its really not worth discussing. Teams straight up KNEW that megatron was essentially the only threat in the passing game for the Lions and he STILL broke the record for receiving yards.
It's not conjecture. The NFL games that I get in my area are Titans and Falcons games. The Tits suck, so I don't really watch them, but I watch a lot of ATL games (and Browns games because of Trent). And from having watched those games, I can tell you that Julio draws the most double teams because he's the hardest of the Falcons' targets to cover.

Also, Megatron breaking the receiving yardage is impressive on one hand, but on the other hand it's important to consider this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
this x100. keep in mind they also have zero run game. he is literally the only weapon they have and defenses know that. breaking the yardage record when the best he could hope for was only a double team is pretty ridiculous.
Megatron is the only good offensive player on the Lions, meaning that he's gonna get a lot of yardage simply because SOMEONE has to get yards for them. They're still a bad team.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 AM #1175
BenderBR
1%ing on you *****es

Quote:
I can tell you that Julio draws the most double teams because he's the hardest of the Falcons' targets to cover. .

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 AM #1176
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

i hear roddy white isnt one of the best receivers in the league or anything...

and they have arguable the best TE of all time. granted he was old but he was still a beast. oh, i forgot, they have a strong run game too...
Closed Thread