St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Wow this is some seriously dirty back handed ****... HOLY COW!!!!

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 PM #317
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
Read my post again. Your point is predicated on the assumption that Valken cannot decline the terms set by the PSP and focus resources elsewhere. Who said Valken has to be at the PSP in the first place? Furthermore, who said that the phone call this whole thread is about did not include the possibility of equal pricing for all paint vendors in future seasons after this has blown over?
You saying that phone call had that, or are you just making assumptions also... Sounds like you're making assumptions.

Last edited by Kirko017 : 01-21-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Kirko017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 PM #318
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D4 division
lp04 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
he's not doing either, he is saying that nobody but the 2 parties know exactly what was said.

Lone Star Vapor Supply
Backroad Premium E-Juice
lp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM #319
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
In case you haven't noticed, the PSP has been getting along great without Valken dealing paint, as it has since its formation. The notion that Valken has to be present is silly. Furthermore, the PSP has every right to charge whatever fee it wants for each vendor and deal with whatever consequences there may be. Valken was offered the opportunity to sell their paint at PSP events and declined. Not only did they decline, but Gino decided to stir the pot with a Facebook account posting an outrageous misrepresentation of what actually transpired. If you're worried about getting a paint deal as a PSP team that only has Valken dealers nearby, apply to the Empire/GI sponsorship programs directly and they'll point you in the right direction. Any team displaced by this announcement will be back on track by next season. Above all, don't gamble your season on the presence of a company with no significant history in your league of choice.

Or how about they allow Valken to buy in at the same price without forcing Valken to quit supporting NPPL as well..

Last edited by Kirko017 : 01-21-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 PM #320
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp04 View Post
he's not doing either, he is saying that nobody but the 2 parties know exactly what was said.
Pretty sure Gino said. And I do believe he was one of the two parties but call me crazy if he wasn't...
Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM #321
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
Pretty sure Gino said. And I do believe he was one of the two parties but call me crazy if he wasn't...
so you're saying he released the whole conversation?

Lone Star Vapor Supply
Backroad Premium E-Juice
Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM #322
painter4life05
cixelsyd

Annual Supporting Member
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
This thread made me laugh I needed that today
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 PM #323
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
This thread made me laugh I needed that today

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 PM #324
paintball_junkie187
Pain Lies Awaiting You...

has been a member for 10 years
Soooooo, is WalMart going to be at the events to supply us with fresh MonsterBalls or not
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 PM #325
Kirko017

Quote:
so you're saying he released the whole conversation?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 PM #326
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

From an anonymous poster on View From The Deadbox.

Quote:
The ultimate fact is that we need one national tournament series, and PSP has proven they are far more capable at running one than NPPL is.

KEE and GI are willing to support one national series exclusively. If PSP has two current paint vendors who have agreed not to support a competing series, and who agreed last year to not support a competing series, it makes no sense for PSP to accept a third vendor at the same terms as the two existing sponsors.

But PSP wants everyone to be able to participate in PSP. So PSP made Valken an offer: Get with the "one league" program. Valken gets the same terms as the other paint vendors (plus a one-time $10k charge for being a year late to the game), and you're in.

With all three vendors exclusive to PSP, the other national league finally dies (after being given several opportunities to be bought out on generous terms), and teams consolidate to the better league that is now, with increased participation, able to support 3 vendors.

A business offering a deal based on the value of the deal to that business seems like a pretty reasonable approach.

In the future, if anyone asks "Why don't we have one national league?" the answer is Valken.

This one is fun too:

Quote:
Here's what really happened: Valken has spent the past couple months telling their customers they will be at psp events without having an agreement with psp to be at psp events, or even asking psp what the fee will be. Valken then decides they don't want to pay the vendor fee and tries to make it look like psp's fault for, gasp, charging a paint vendor fee.

Or... even better conspiracy theory.

The paint vendor fee is just a token amount. Valken gets teams to sign on for Sly gear and Valken paint, promising to be at the PSP.

Valken walks and those teams are now stuck without paint sponsor.

How many of those teams would have signed with Valken if they knew they couldn't get paint at the events?

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 01-21-2013 at 10:22 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM #327
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Or how about they allow Valken to buy in at the same price without forcing Valken to quit supporting NPPL as well..
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Let's remember how this all started. The major manufacturers refused to continue supporting two national leagues, and asked the PSP and NPPL to sit down and discuss a merger. When that fell through, the manufacturers made good on their threat and pulled out of the NPPL. Valken did not follow suit. Instead, Valken capitalized on the opportunity to be the largest paint supplier at the 2012 NPPL events, and then signs a deal to be the exclusive supplier of paint at 2013 NPPL events. Then, apparently they decided that they should be allowed to also sell paint at the PSP, a league that they refused to support the year before.

Valken dug itself into this hole. They saw an opportunity to make some money and burned their bridges in the process.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 PM #328
xsvfan123
WALSH

i really liked it when x-ball and 7man were to very different formats. with this race format, i feel like they have become to similar to justify separate leagues
xsvfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 PM #329
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Let's remember how this all started. The major manufacturers refused to continue supporting two national leagues, and asked the PSP and NPPL to sit down and discuss a merger. When that fell through, the manufacturers made good on their threat and pulled out of the NPPL. Valken did not follow suit. Instead, Valken capitalized on the opportunity to be the largest paint supplier at the 2012 NPPL events, and then signs a deal to be the exclusive supplier of paint at 2013 NPPL events. Then, apparently they decided that they should be allowed to also sell paint at the PSP, a league that they refused to support the year before.

Valken dug itself into this hole. They saw an opportunity to make some money and burned their bridges in the process.
Actually, This goes back further than this, Valken once sold paint at PSP events, they were cheaper than the others and alot of teams shot Valken, Kee and GI complained, Valken was kicked out due to the other companies complaining and that PSP said that it could not support 3 paint vendors and everybody make a profit.

Why would Valken come back in whenever they were treated so badly before? I do not blame them for not having the loyalty to the PSP due to past business deals between the companies.

With that said, NPPL should die.

Lone Star Vapor Supply
Backroad Premium E-Juice
Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 PM #330
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This thread has been great. It's amused me while confirming everyone's pre-existing thoughts and biases. Win/Win. I approve.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 PM #331
sstiggy

sstiggy supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:

Gino said on FB the only reason they are exclusive is that no one else wants to sell at NPPL, he said the more the merrier, as his cost to sell at the eventswould be less
sstiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM #332
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Greg pm me please

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 PM #333
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstiggy View Post
Gino said on FB the only reason they are exclusive is that no one else wants to sell at NPPL
Exactly. The other companies pulled out as a show of support for the PSP. Valken didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstiggy View Post
he said the more the merrier,as his cost to sell at the eventswould be less
Oh yeah, I'm sure he's just ****ing despondent about his exclusivity. Who would want a captive market anyway?

Quote:
Why would Valken come back in whenever they were treated so badly before? I do not blame them for not having the loyalty to the PSP due to past business deals between the companies.
Uh, they obviously did want back in if the PSP was sending them offers.

Last edited by JohnSherman : 01-21-2013 at 11:06 PM.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 PM #334
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton23 View Post
Greg pm me please
Don't do it, Greg

Last edited by Kirko017 : 01-21-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 PM #335
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Don't do it, Greg
lol

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 PM #336
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Uh, they obviously did want back in if the PSP was sending them offers.
They wanted back in to sell at both events, With %100 of the sales in the NPPL it wouldnt hurt them as bad to not sell as much as the other 2 in PSP.

Take that NPPL out and Valken will be up **** creek.

What I should have said is why would they be faithful enough to follow PSP exclusively instead of selling at both venues?

Lone Star Vapor Supply
Backroad Premium E-Juice
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.