Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 AM #1
Dequat
RTX Guardian

Dequat supports Team VICIOUS
Dequat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dequat has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sensitivity

So, i only really play Recball..and when i do, i wear an under armour long sleeve shirt, a t shirt, and a Jersey. I have a very high pain tolerance level. I gothit point blank in the back of the neck yesterday (which sucked) but it didn't hurt after the few seconds of pain. But last week, and yesterday, i have gotten hit mostly every where without an problem with the amount of pain, except my stomach.

I'm not that skinny, but I'm not that fat (5'11, 210 mostly held in my stomach,20 years old). Any time i get hit in the stomach, it hurts a lot more and also has left me a little winded (from across the field OTB, and also from their home while I'm at 50 snake). Is this normal? When i get hit in the stomach the only thing i can really do is rush myself off the field, and crouch down to catch my breath and rub off the pain. Anywhere else on my body I'm completely okay with getting hit. I don't want to sound like an extremely uneducated player, or a kid complaining...I just wasn't sure if its something that happens often to other people, or if its just fat people, or even just me. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 AM #2
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I guess I have never had to chance to experience that problem, considering I wear a fairly baggy jersey and a pod pack. My best guess is that it is a combination of the the skin on your stomach being very sensitive and the thin clothing. Try pinching yourself in different places and you might get a better understanding.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:45 PM #3
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Are the paint balls bouncing when they hit your gut?

A bounce hurts more vs. a break. Maybe your fat is causing them to bounce and not break....
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM #4
Dequat
RTX Guardian

Dequat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dequat has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There has been some that broke, and some that haven't, i think the other day it bounced twice and hit me once, and the first time it was a bounce and a break..all i know is if that's the case, I'm going on a diet now because that is the worst feeling in the world lol
Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 PM #5
oldschool45

I'm not rail thin but somewhat lean. There is a muscle in your abdomen called the diaphragm muscle that helps you pull air into your lungs & breathe. If you hit it sharply (not necessarily hard- think paintball hit) it can cause that muscle to spasm and knock the wind clear out of you and hurt like hell too. The spot is used in pressure point technique & dirty/survival hand to hand fighting. I'm used to getting hit there because my wife uses me a s practice dummy.
I was helping teach somebody to play paintball and I took a hit in that area from about 30' through orange hunting vest & 2 layers of shirts and it hurt bad & took about a week and a half to heal and stop nagging at me.
3 places I don't like getting hit from worst on back; throat, back of the kidney's then stomach. I won't wear a throat guard but I'm thinking about getting padding for the last 2.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:21 PM #6
firststrike01
Peace is the way

technically you're not fat you're considered obese
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 PM #7
oldschool45

Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
technically you're not fat you're considered obese
Depends on your BMI (Body Mass Index) I'm 5'11" (same as the OP) around 190 pounds but I've been in the OP's range @ 210 pounds. I can't maintain a weight much below 190 because I'd have to eat constantly and I have no energy. About 195 is what my body considers optimal backed up by blood pressure & cholesterol & stamina. Height & Weight tables are worse than useless.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 PM #8
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
At 5'8", 170, Meromorphic build (naturally pretty muscular, with a little padding in the gut ), I find that to be the most painful place to get hit as well, nowhere else really bothers me. i feel like Oldschool is onto something with the spasms, additionally, i always guessed that since there is alot going on behind your core, your bodies natural instinct is to alert your brain of danger to your vital organs when they are in danger (taking a paintball hit, getting punched, etc.), whereas all you really have is muscle on your extremities with no vital organs.

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote