PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 AM #1051
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

It's all about recruiting. Look at Bama. Multiple titles. Multiple #1 classes. And it's not just Bama, it's across the SEC.
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 AM #1052
giants57

They all have NFL level coaching, facilities, and money to develop.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 AM #1053
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
It's all about recruiting. Look at Bama. Multiple titles. Multiple #1 classes. And it's not just Bama, it's across the SEC.
Someones trying to justify how Bama as an institution throws women and money at croots there.

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:03 AM #1054
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderBR View Post
I wouldn't say to your status so much as your...sophistication...Not that clothes determine someones sophistication but a well dressed man, regardless of the level of formality shows pride in your appearance and that you are a deliberate, capable and likely a learned man of a certain level of awareness and class. That's not to say you need to be a dandy or some ****, but I think all men should have some shirts, trousers, and a suit or two that are well tailored. 1-2 pairs of nice shoes (or cowboy boots if you are blessed to live in Texas).

I'm told all the time I was born in the wrong era, but not for that reason. However, I'll say this...dressing well is seemingly lost on most but that just makes it easier to look a ****ton better than anyone out there.

Also, Pappy 23's first sips were somewhat disappointing. As it has slowly started breathing and opening up, ho-lee ****. I see why people pay as much as 800 for it now.
I usually wear at least a pair of slacks and a button down shirt, any time I go out. Depending on mood or situation I wear either a leather jacket, Yankees jacket, or some kind of sport coat. I very rarely wear suits nowadays, I've really embraced the sport coat look. I really don't consider myself dressing to my status, and I don't give a damn what people think because I don't have to or want to impress anyone. I just enjoy dressing properly and I don't want to feel like one of those tools that goes out in grunge clothes to look "cool."

Side note: Agreed with Kolder on grooming as well. Unless you're actually growing a beard out there is no need to let the neckbeard hair stay.
Quote:
No one has class, I'm just loaded down already.
Damn, I always had class on MLK day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giants57 View Post
A few years ago Miami was getting all kinds of croots and didn't amount to anything with them.
And Auburn more recently.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 AM #1055
giants57

My roommate is a real ****, I can't wait for this semester to be over. Personally we get along great, but some of his tendencies drive me crazy. He comes from a really wealthy background and there is absolutely zero consequences for anything. He still hasn't chosen a major and is taking a bunch of bull**** electives, he got an impressive 2.15 last semester. He comes home stoned and drunk out of his mind at three in the morning almost every single night, we have two different bedrooms, but he needs to walk through my bedroom to get to the bathroom. Tonight he got home about 30 minutes ago, ripped all of his dresser drawers open as loudly as ****ing possible, slammed the bathroom door, woke me up, and now he is sitting on his bed eating a family sized bag of salt and vinegar chips crunching them and ****ing with the bag as loudly as possible while wearing his stupid *** $200 Dr.Dre headphones listening to terrible trap music. Early in the semester I went home for the weekend and he had a girl in the room that was some other dudes girlfriend, the dude and his buddy broke into the suite and beat the **** out of him in MY BEDROOM and got it covered in blood. He really has no business being in college and has zero discipline in life because he doesn't need to because at the end of the day his parents do whatever he needs for him.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 AM #1056
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

Quote:
Someones trying to justify how Bama as an institution throws women and money at croots there.
Everyone in the SEC does this. And it's not just in football. That's the thing.

The SEC is extremely dirty in bball too. They just suck at it. It's a culture thing. In the South it doesn't seem as bad. Where as in the North a coach thinks he's being dirty if he gives a kid a ride.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 AM #1057
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
My roommate is a real ****, I can't wait for this semester to be over. Personally we get along great, but some of his tendencies drive me crazy. He comes from a really wealthy background and there is absolutely zero consequences for anything. He still hasn't chosen a major and is taking a bunch of bull**** electives, he got an impressive 2.15 last semester. He comes home stoned and drunk out of his mind at three in the morning almost every single night, we have two different bedrooms, but he needs to walk through my bedroom to get to the bathroom. Tonight he got home about 30 minutes ago, ripped all of his dresser drawers open as loudly as ****ing possible, slammed the bathroom door, woke me up, and now he is sitting on his bed eating a family sized bag of salt and vinegar chips crunching them and ****ing with the bag as loudly as possible while wearing his stupid *** $200 Dr.Dre headphones listening to terrible trap music. Early in the semester I went home for the weekend and he had a girl in the room that was some other dudes girlfriend, the dude and his buddy broke into the suite and beat the **** out of him in MY BEDROOM and got it covered in blood. He really has no business being in college and has zero discipline in life because he doesn't need to because at the end of the day his parents do whatever he needs for him.
Well this is the type of kid who will be flipping your burgers from Wendy's in 5 years anyway . So there's that.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 01-21-2013, 07:24 AM #1058
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
as an African American I feel that it is absolute bull**** that I have to work today

Quote:
sounds like the dudes my roommate's used to live with. the one kid (who i actually went to high school with) burned a swastika into his ceiling, got kicked off the UD football team for running from the cops then jumping on a car and yelling "you cant touch me im superman!" at them, got multiple underage tickets, had a few fights, etc. The LAST straw was when he got smashed and took a **** in a radiator in the hallway of his dorm. i guess the whole place smelled like cooked ****. i think he works at Kmart now

Last edited by imhungry : 01-21-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:28 AM #1059
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Recruiting is very important, but I think development is just as important.
Oregon had good development for 2009 and 2010, but average recruiting..... And they lost to teams in their bowl games. They improved their recruiting, and then they won two bowl games.

I think recruiting (DAT and Mariota) got them their bowl wins, and the development got them there.

...thus, you need recruiting to win the big games.

Edit: as I've said before, teams like USC, Texas, Auburn, Michigan, etc... They always have good recruiting classes, and yet they are average at best. That's a lack of development. Meanwhile Notre Dame, K-State, UCLA, and Boise State have good development with average/decent recruiting (notice most didn't win bowl games).

Then there's Bama, tOSU, and Oregon with good recruiting, and good development.... and they are the top 3.

I blog.

Last edited by the other one : 01-21-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 AM #1060
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
-9 with the windchill bringing it to -36. There's the Minnesota winter I know and love. It's been uncharacteristically warm lately.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 AM #1061
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

it said today it was 12 when i left my garage but there is no freaking way. it felt easily below zero. once its under zero degrees i dont notice a difference in temp its just ****ing painfully cold
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 AM #1062
tater_salad (Banned)

Hey Shooter and Giants what can you tell me about Shelton Gibson?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM #1063
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer325 View Post
Everyone in the SEC does this. And it's not just in football. That's the thing.

The SEC is extremely dirty in bball too. They just suck at it. It's a culture thing. In the South it doesn't seem as bad. Where as in the North a coach thinks he's being dirty if he gives a kid a ride.
You and I both know that's not true.

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 AM #1064
FL07
On High Alert

Lol so when Cal was coaching at UMass and had his final fours vacated there was nothing to see there because it was the north? He is only dirty at UK?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM #1065
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Lol at the discussion of clothing/grooming discussion. You guys would not be seen around me IRL.

I usually wear shorts or jeans and a Tshirt. If I'm really trying to look good, it's jeans and a flannel. I've never owned a suit and I don't own any dressier clothes or ties.

I wear boots and shorts a lot. Specifically knee high camo boots like a boss. Occasionally my beat to **** work boots.

As far as grooming, I haven't had a hair cut or trimmed in about 5 months. Although I was thinking about getting one today. I haven't shaved or trimmed my beard since October.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 AM #1066
Matt.is.back2011

Spent the weekend in Charleston, SC; yeah, dem folks know how to dress proper.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 AM #1067
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
So I'm enrolled to start school in summer. I just have to take this Compass test to figure out where I start taking classes.

I'm having serious second thoughts though. I'm just not motivated to go. There aren't really any career paths that interest me and I don't want to get stuck at a computer being bored the rest of my life.

I'm just worried about the mining industry failing and that being the only thing I know. I don't want to end up having a family and 15 years from now there is a minimal need for coal. I guess other industries would come in but IDK what those would be, nobody wants to open a business here and assuming trending continues our democratic governors would rather us all be on welfare so we depend on them.

The entire southern half of this state would be like Detroit. Everything from McDonalds, to Walmart, to the hospitals, to the schools are dependant on the mining industry.

So I'm trying to be smart and future proof myself but I have no interest in what I can pursue. Wat do?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 AM #1068
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
Lol at the discussion of clothing/grooming discussion. You guys would not be seen around me IRL.

I usually wear shorts or jeans and a Tshirt. If I'm really trying to look good, it's jeans and a flannel. I've never owned a suit and I don't own any dressier clothes or ties.

I wear boots and shorts a lot. Specifically knee high camo boots like a boss. Occasionally my beat to **** work boots.

As far as grooming, I haven't had a hair cut or trimmed in about 5 months. Although I was thinking about getting one today. I haven't shaved or trimmed my beard since October.
In the south, that's bespoke status.

I blog.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 AM #1069
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

awww you are going back to school to get your grade 10?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM #1070
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
10 bucks on Ole Miss getting sanctioned within 3 years
Old 01-21-2013, 10:54 AM #1071
Captain A v2.0
Whatevs

Annual Supporting Member
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
So I'm trying to be smart and future proof myself but I have no interest in what I can pursue. Wat do?
Serious advice? Get out of West Virginia.