Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM #1
SnYpErAsSaSsIn
PaintBallaaa

SnYpErAsSaSsIn is playing at Living Legends VI
SnYpErAsSaSsIn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SnYpErAsSaSsIn owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SnYpErAsSaSsIn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Need some Help On Programming....

Hey guys whats going One, well I am here trying to learn about Paintball Markers. And how they work... I need a little help with my Marker.
It is an PE Etek 3. Here are my questions.

Id like to know what each setting does. I tryed to understand them reading the manual but Im still a little confused on a few. Im wondering what each settings you guys use. As a starting point thanks.

Trigger Leading Edge Debounce -- Anti Bolt Stick Dwell

Trigger Trailing Edge Debounce: - Anti Bolt Stick Reset Time

Trigger Filter Control --- Breech Delay

Solenoid Dwell
SnYpErAsSaSsIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 PM #2
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnYpErAsSaSsIn View Post
Hey guys whats going One, well I am here trying to learn about Paintball Markers. And how they work... I need a little help with my Marker.
It is an PE Etek 3. Here are my questions.

Id like to know what each setting does. I tryed to understand them reading the manual but Im still a little confused on a few. Im wondering what each settings you guys use. As a starting point thanks.

Trigger Leading Edge Debounce -- Anti Bolt Stick Dwell

Trigger Trailing Edge Debounce: - Anti Bolt Stick Reset Time

Trigger Filter Control --- Breech Delay

Solenoid Dwell
You can easily look this up on YouTube, especially seeing it with your eyes will make it easier on you
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 AM #3
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Dwell is the amount of time the solenoid will activate. Inside the solenoid is a spool valve that redirects air, in the case of your etek, to the back of the ram moving the bolt forward and opening the poppet valve. In a perfect world the solenoid should remain open(activated) just long enough to go forward, unseat the valve pin, then let enough air in to fire the paintball.

Simple answer, keep the dwell on the factory settings.

Anti-bolt stick is what happens when the gun isn't fired in awhile; the lube kind of sticks the bolt in place and the dwell has to be increase for the first shot in order for the gun to cycle fully. The ego doesn't actually have a problem with bolt stick(normally only happens when your gun needs a lot of thick lube such as dow33, since the ego uses oil, there is no need for it) which is why I'm confused as to why its on the board. Set both the anti-bolt stick settings to zero. Having ABS on when the bolt isn't sticking will just lead to a significant increase in fps on your first shot, which is dangerous.

Lastly, the trigger filter control or breech delay. That is the amount of time the gun waits from the time it first detects the ball until it allows the gun to fire. This is basically to let the ball settle in the breech, when it first feeds the ball may bounce or roll around for awhile before it sits still, so you set it to wait a few milliseconds before the gun will fire.

Just stick with this:
Dwell 9ms(or 10 if you're having velocity issues)
Trigger leading edge and trailing edge: set both at zero
Trigger filter control/breech delay: 10ms
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 PM #4
SnYpErAsSaSsIn
PaintBallaaa

SnYpErAsSaSsIn is playing at Living Legends VI
SnYpErAsSaSsIn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SnYpErAsSaSsIn owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SnYpErAsSaSsIn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Dwell is the amount of time the solenoid will activate. Inside the solenoid is a spool valve that redirects air, in the case of your etek, to the back of the ram moving the bolt forward and opening the poppet valve. In a perfect world the solenoid should remain open(activated) just long enough to go forward, unseat the valve pin, then let enough air in to fire the paintball.

Simple answer, keep the dwell on the factory settings.

Anti-bolt stick is what happens when the gun isn't fired in awhile; the lube kind of sticks the bolt in place and the dwell has to be increase for the first shot in order for the gun to cycle fully. The ego doesn't actually have a problem with bolt stick(normally only happens when your gun needs a lot of thick lube such as dow33, since the ego uses oil, there is no need for it) which is why I'm confused as to why its on the board. Set both the anti-bolt stick settings to zero. Having ABS on when the bolt isn't sticking will just lead to a significant increase in fps on your first shot, which is dangerous.

Lastly, the trigger filter control or breech delay. That is the amount of time the gun waits from the time it first detects the ball until it allows the gun to fire. This is basically to let the ball settle in the breech, when it first feeds the ball may bounce or roll around for awhile before it sits still, so you set it to wait a few milliseconds before the gun will fire.

Just stick with this:
Dwell 9ms(or 10 if you're having velocity issues)
Trigger leading edge and trailing edge: set both at zero
Trigger filter control/breech delay: 10ms
Thank you very much. I appreciate the Time to take out and write all that. I will try those settings when I go again.
SnYpErAsSaSsIn is offline   Reply With Quote