Community Focus

Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM #22
Mattcar

Mattcar is for the Gunfight
Mattcar is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_vanguard View Post
To clear this up,
Your marker looks like one of the original vanguard factory guns, if I'm correct then that's the issue, that was an early prototype version and the grip frame was 2nm thinner where it meets the body, I'm guessing that when it was upgrade the standard transfer tube got put in there, which with the more narrow frame would stop them joining correctly.
Hope this helps

Thats looks like it!

Now that I got my new piece, its all good. I was a little upset a first cause it made my gun ugly as hell.

Ill be trying the new drive train this weekend.

One question is still remaining. When I screw the regulator adjusment screw all the way up, the reg is shut off right? Would my gun be suposed not be receiving any air? Cause its still cycling when the screw is all the way in.

WTB 08 Invert Digit camo pants Army patern, LARGE,
Mattcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM #23
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I've noticed this happens on regulators that use an air through piston to operate. It's happened to a few different guns I've owned with that style of regulator.

Try to close it off again after the air is on. I think the initial spike of air coming in tends to open the regulator seat a tad. I don't know if the pressure is actually opening the threads a bit....or deforming the reg seat enough to let a bit of air through.

I also know you have to have them shut off pretty tight.......which also risks damaging the reg seat.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:25 PM #24
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
aan310 plays in the APPA D4 division
aan310 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcar View Post

Thats looks like it!

Now that I got my new piece, its all good. I was a little upset a first cause it made my gun ugly as hell.

Ill be trying the new drive train this weekend.

One question is still remaining. When I screw the regulator adjusment screw all the way up, the reg is shut off right? Would my gun be suposed not be receiving any air? Cause its still cycling when the screw is all the way in.
Mine does this too. I wouldn't worry too much about it

Last edited by aan310 : 01-20-2013 at 03:29 PM.
aan310 is offline   Reply With Quote