Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM #22
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Kid View Post
I would re-think this! I am talking to a guy helping him design a airball field in a golf dome that will have 2011/2012 bunkers, brand new turf, all the top of the line stuff! That is going to be harsh competition for you! Pm me and I will give you info!
He shouldn't have to rethink anything. More places to play means a larger Paintball community in Michigan so it should be supported 100%
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 PM #23
paintballslash

I appreciate the vote of confidence from everyone. I will keep everyone up to date if there is a changes that happens.
paintballslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:50 AM #24
paintballslash

I know that it has been a while sence I have any remark toward the things that are going on with our business of the Pizza and Paintball Shop. So I wanted to let everyone know that we have not given up on this business adventure. We are constantly working on the business plan, however, school, and work seem to get the best of us on the time that is needed to try and get this going. I will try and do a better job of keeping everone posted on how things or coming along. Any ideas are greatly appreciated and considered if anyone has some ideas. I also figure that I would let you all know that I have thought of a scenerio that works on the War of 1812.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM #25
paintballslash

OK everyone sorry for such a long wait to see what is going on. We are still working on the business plan. We have ran into an issue of finding the right stats for our paintball information. We can find old information but nothing that is more current. If the fellow paintballers could help with this by sending links or leading me into the right direction great. This is the last thing we have to work on other than getting the land. Plus so good ideas of paintball insurance as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM #26
bunkerking_13
SKNasty. Cole World.

bunkerking_13 supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerking_13 posts videos on PbNation
bunkerking_13 is Legendary
bunkerking_13 supports Empire
What type of stats do you need? paintballaccess.com has actual player stats. And if you're looking for just numbers, I would search the Nation here and Google.
bunkerking_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM #27
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Its a good idea... i just dont know why in Jackson... Theres already futureball out there within an hour drive. Most of futureballs business is from the east. Anything from the west is going to stay at TCP Grand Rapids. SE michigan needs a field other than Lone Wolf. Lone wolf is fine, but its just a hut with some spools for tables. SE Michigan has the most population, and the LEAST amount of fields.

I'd like to have a place with a storefront at the facility and maybe an indoor field for winter. (a kitchen that makes pizza would obviously be a plus)

Placing new fields in the middle of no where is kinda useless. Especially when futureball already has a dominant crowd in that area. If anything you'd be just stealing business away from them... which in a whole, doesnt really make paintball grow.

There needs to be something in the lake orion/auburn hills/waterford area. I'm from Troy, and i realize when you get down in my area, property is expensive and scarce... but just north-north west there is plenty of open fields to be bought.

Last edited by peacob : 11-20-2012 at 02:49 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM #28
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
He shouldn't have to rethink anything. More places to play means a larger Paintball community in Michigan so it should be supported 100%
Not when it steals business from other fields. Placing a field in Jackson is under and hour from futureball. At the end of the day, someone is going to get hurt here. Lone wolf is as east as it gets, and with the paintball population as big as it is in the Metro Detroit area, having a field with better accommodations on the western side of Metro-detroit would be a great addition. Having Lone Wolf on the South-eastern side, and a new place on the North western side. Its win-win

Placement is key.

Last edited by peacob : 11-20-2012 at 02:52 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 AM #29
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
Bloodymurder supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
Not when it steals business from other fields. Placing a field in Jackson is under and hour from futureball. At the end of the day, someone is going to get hurt here. Lone wolf is as east as it gets, and with the paintball population as big as it is in the Metro Detroit area, having a field with better accommodations on the western side of Metro-detroit would be a great addition. Having Lone Wolf on the South-eastern side, and a new place on the North western side. Its win-win

Placement is key.
Lone Wolf East is in Mt. Clemens, just about as far north as it gets in the metro area. And you didn't hear it from me, but there is talks of an indoor field in the works, further south. Not sure if or how far west.

I think a field in Jackson isn't a bad idea, when at school in Albion there is extremely little to do as far as entertainment. Being within an hour's drive to Futureball and TCP Lansing, to truly compete it would be best to offer indoor play during the winter when both are closed.

Albion College Lacrosse
Bloodymurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 AM #30
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodymurder View Post
Lone Wolf East is in Mt. Clemens, just about as far north as it gets in the metro area. And you didn't hear it from me, but there is talks of an indoor field in the works, further south. Not sure if or how far west.
I already stated Lone Wolf has a place on the very east side of the area..... I'm talking about NW... which would be the Waterford/Lake Orion/Auburn Hills area...
Old 11-25-2012, 10:37 AM #31
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
Lone Wolf has a west location, in Metamora. How much closer than a 20 minute drive would you like them to put a playing field?

Albion College Lacrosse
Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 AM #32
peacob

Quote:
Lone Wolf has a west location, in Metamora. How much closer than a 20 minute drive would you like them to put a playing field?
Are you kidding me?

Thats almost as far north as Flint. And Lone wolf west is not all that great either. So 20 minutes for who? People in waterford? For someone like me its more like 45 minutes.

... to yourself.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM #33
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
How am I to know specifically where you live? You said in the area and it's 20 minutes from Lake Orion. With 75 running right through the area, Flint is easily just as accessible. Nobody is going to build a field in your backyard, or even your neck of the woods.

Consider yourself lucky to find both scenario based and competitive tournament style play within an hour's drive, both of which have fair paint pricing.

Albion College Lacrosse
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM #34
peacob

Quote:
How am I to know specifically where you live? You said in the area and it's 20 minutes from Lake Orion. With 75 running right through the area, Flint is easily just as accessible. Nobody is going to build a field in your backyard, or even your neck of the woods.

Consider yourself lucky to find both scenario based and competitive tournament style play within an hour's drive, both of which have fair paint pricing.
For one, you made the assumption... i simply corrected you... chill out guy.

Second, i never asked anyone to build in my backyard.. i made a suggestion... and i stand by that suggestion. Waterford/lakeorion/auburn hills would be a solid location making it easy for someone like me or anyone in the rochester/troy/birmingham/bloomfield/clawson/livonia/royal oak/berkley/hazel park/ whatever area to get a quick few hours of playing in without having to make a day of it and drive 40min-hour one way. Especially if they had an indoor field to play at throughout the cold season.

Third, I do consider myself somewhat lucky.... but is it too much to wish and be hopeful?

Old 11-25-2012, 07:46 PM #35
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Open up in Grand Haven. Would be legit.
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 PM #36
chimaro

chimaro has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Somewhere around the North to West side of Metro Detroit would be awesome. I'm moving over to Westland but I'd definitely make a trip up towards Novi, Farmington Hills, Keego Harbor, West Bloomfield, Pontiac, Waterford area's where there are not many fields within 40 minutes.
chimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 AM #37
bth9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
Are you kidding me?

Thats almost as far north as Flint. And Lone wolf west is not all that great either. So 20 minutes for who? People in waterford? For someone like me its more like 45 minutes.

... to yourself.
Lone Wolf West is a great place to play. It has great terrain, with buildings, bunkers, and trenches. Learned to play on that field many years ago. And I drove over an hour from Saginaw. That field will kick your *** if you are out of shape. It is behind a Bar also, so a after play beer is a nice thirst quencher. I am sure some fields are nice places to play also that have come up over the years since I quit playing, but this has always been a favorite place to play. I have gone back to play a few times over the years, was there for the Alien game this year. I took my 12 yearold and his buddy, we had a great time. I had not played in six years. That field is a great place to play.

Bugman.........
bth9461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 PM #38
Green Mustard
I know mustard is yellow.

Annual Supporting Member
Green Mustard plays in the PSP
Green Mustard is an NCPA player
Green Mustard plays in the APPA D5 division
Green Mustard supports Empire
Green Mustard is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaro View Post
Somewhere around the North to West side of Metro Detroit would be awesome. I'm moving over to Westland but I'd definitely make a trip up towards Novi, Farmington Hills, Keego Harbor, West Bloomfield, Pontiac, Waterford area's where there are not many fields within 40 minutes.
Yup... I have to drive an hour in any direction to play.
Green Mustard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 PM #39
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mustard View Post
Yup... I have to drive an hour in any direction to play.
Same, other than lone wolf west.... which gets old after a while on their one and only speedball field with the wire spools.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM #40
DJ Paris_82
Professional Photographer

Annual Supporting Member
DJ Paris_82 is a Paintball photographer
DJ Paris_82 is playing at Living Legends VII
DJ Paris_82 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 posts videos on PbNation
DJ Paris_82 is Legendary
DJ Paris_82 supports Empire
Location is very important, but I think the quality of the pizza is going to be the kicker!
DJ Paris_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 AM #41
bth9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Paris_82 View Post
Location is very important, but I think the quality of the pizza is going to be the kicker!
He needs Williams Cheese from Pinconning to get a edge on the competition.