PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 PM #85
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So now i need a new fitting or a new macroline? And yeah its like pumping Ice and snow through Your gun so now i have 3 steelys and Im hoping that will be good enough

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:18 AM #86
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

I must be a noob but can some one post up a link where i can buy a black trinity front block?

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM #87
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Your macroline and fittings are probably still good. The CO2 made one of them brink since it was so cold. Using HPA, you won't have that problem.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 AM #88
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Okay sounds good thanks i plan on playing all day tomorrow and Im hoping a half case will be good enough

Old 01-18-2013, 01:23 PM #89
mnkywitagun

Killa..Lol about the co2 . I tried to tell you.... look at post #23. I told you you would be happy with the Rs. Beast of kingman made gun. enjoy.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM #90
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Yeah i didnt realize how garbage co2 was untill i used it right after hpa and damn its garbage Lmfao and yeah i love my rs its smooth as butter and shoots tits

Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 PM #91
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yes cold weather and even a little humidity can cause some less than desirable behavior. I can assure that 40* weather is still ok to use it in but any colder you will freeze up much faster, but I can't say I was out playing much colder than that. My VS2 could always push out a few BPS when i tested it during the middle(and Cold) of winter.

Its no excuse for improper tune. I believe CO2 need a tad bit more pressure than HPA so there would be problem #1 if your switching back and forth. The second would be any leak will kill your performance. The release of CO2 makes things colder and just letting run out and never recover is just a bad idea. My thoughts on that is just fix the damn macro line, you could have cut it wrong or not pushed in right. Very easy to do even with HPA.

As far as price goes, for a lot people to NEED 3 tanks plus the regular fill if your not at a field is just insane money to blow.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 PM #92
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Yeah i guess but im in canada so its pretty cold also i bought 1 tank for 40 bucks it was broken so the place i bought it gave me a new one and the manufacturer sent me a new one so i had 2 new ones for 40 then i bought the third for 20 off a friend so that isnt to bad, it will be good for woodsball

Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 AM #93
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

The way i see it when it comes down to co2 fine tuning and the output pressure always changing

Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 PM #94
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

So i played today and 2 48/3000 tanks Got me through a whole case Im pretty excited about that, ps i friggin love this gun other than leaky macroline it has 0 problems i love it so much i cant even explain it! Ps i noticed that i like using my gravity feed more than my dynasty vlocity, my vlocity makes annoying sounds and somehow ate brand new batteries, and since i only play Woods/rec i dont really need it, Im thinking that proto gravity Hopper with the shelf so you dont have to shake would be perfect for me

Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 PM #95
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
You ought to get a revvy. It'll agiate the paint for you.
MacrolineGuy.com
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM #96
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Turns out my vlocity was on some crazy speedball setting so I put it on battery save/ scenario setting ill see if that changes the noise and battery life

Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 PM #97
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Also should i put a gauge on my ASA? And should my tanks output be set at a specific pressure? Can i gain efficiency from tank output pressure?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 PM #98
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Also once again is there anything not so crazy i.can.do to get my gun to operate on a lower pressure?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM #99
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Last one i promise, what about spring kits whats that about?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 PM #100
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ok, let me once again spread the word from our lost spyder bible and answer your question. HOW DO I TUNE?

Springs: on a VS/RS and newer you probably wont need springs. Simply put, I loved my VS1 and VS2 springs better than my aftermarket. You can decided after a tune (which i'm going to explain) and after playing on that tune. You need to remember that the old school spring are heavy and often times bent and nasty with their age and those markers needed spring kits to get to where you are.

What you need
  • Chronograph
  • Your Marker
  • Paint
  • A couple allen keys or whatever adjust the regulator
  1. : Set your baseline pressure; Configure air on, no paint, no chrono, Eyes OFF
    Set your velocity adjustment screw to the middle for now. It doesn't really matter as long as you can make fine tune adjustments on the field. Now Turn your regulator down untill the marker can longer re-cock. It will make this noise( BRRRRRRRPPPPP). When it does you don't let it run your tank dry. Simply re cock the marker while its in motion, but be sure NOT to pull the pin.
  2. : Ballpark the FPS; Air on, Paint Loaded, Chrono Optional, Eyes Optional
    At this point if your gun will shoot like it has a limp... well you get the picture, so a chrono is need just yet. Turn up the reg 1/2 turn and shoot 3-6 times between increasing. Your Ball parking so once your up time to move on. If you would like to monitor each interval I encourage it as I like to not over shoot on this step
  3. : Setting the Pressure to your FPS; Configure Air on, Paint Loaded, Chrono MANDATORY, Eyes optional.
    Increase reg 1/4 turn increments. While checking velocity shoot 3-6 times. Once your within 20fps of your target FPS of 280 decrease turns and shoot more. EX: 1/8 turns 5-10 shots untill you at your goal.

Todah! your done. There is no reason you shouldn't be withing +/-3FPS on HPA. There a few common things overlooked by new players that have problems with this. The big one is not letting your reg stabilize which is why we shoot more giving it some time to do its thing. If you dont you will be chasing a ghost which is why i recommend shooting many times once you think you hit your target pressure and then make smaller adjustments. The adjustment Velocity screw(back of the marker) isn't really needed untill each day of play. The difference in today Air pressure and temperature will affect your paint and your marker in such a small way it will change your FPS on a daily basis. Use it if you at a field, and if you ever have to crank it in tight you need to turn your reg up a tiny bit.

Praise be to thy otter!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 AM #101
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Actually you CAN tune the vs series to lower pressure. You just need some patience and lots of time to tinker with. You'll have to do some extensive modifications to some internal parts. So I would recommend getting a few spare parts before thinking about doing so. BUT I honestly don't recommend it because it'll cause your marker yo become unstable due to the fact that your spyder will be so efficient it'll require a ball in the chamber in order for it to recock on its own and will often start burping randomly. Other than that it's a very silent marker. It just takes time time time and patience.
MacrolineGuy.com
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM #102
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Reppin the nation, on both.sides and on the hopper

Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 PM #103
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

And yeah I still have to fine tune her I need a chrono though

Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM #104
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
Opteron- the rs uses a different valve. Vs2/3 and rsx use the balance valve which is tuned lower. Either way tuning doesnt really change. It has a differnt feel for a spyder for sure.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:24 AM #105
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

I feel like Spyder could do so much more with the balanced valve than they could with the newer valves they released.
MacrolineGuy.com