Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM #1
Morganac1589

Question Geo 2 spool valve leak / solenoid manifold leak

I just purchased a used Geo 2 . During the first "test fire" I have no air pressure to the bolt system and you can hear the air leak from the frame right above the reg. I removed the solenoid assembly and found the solenoid gasket trashed . Replaced the gasket and removed the spool valve and cleaned and grease . Performed 2nd "test fire" with grip frame removed . I isolated the leak to the spool valve access hole that you can see from the solenoid manifold while its installed on the gun . No cracks in the manifold , and all spool valve seals look okay , it's almost as if the spool valve is sticking / stuck . Any help would be appreciated
Morganac1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM #2
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
When you say 'spool valve' do you mean the spool pack in the solenoid or the actual spool valve (the bolt, can, & propshaft)?

The guys at pbshowcase told me that it's a very good idea to replace the spool pack orings if you removed the spool pack from the manifold. I'm guessing it's very easy to damage the orings when removing it. Have you tried replacing the spool packs orings since it sounds like it's the source of the leak? Just because they appear to be in good shape doesn't mean they are sealing.

Last edited by minimag03 : 01-17-2013 at 02:38 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM #3
Morganac1589

Thanks for the input but not the sarcasm mr spool pack ..... It ended up being the front bolt assembly . The previous owner somehow waakajawwed the bolt with completely different o-rings and the bolt ended up jamming every time i would try to fire it . Thanks for the "input" ... please lock thread or close

Last edited by Morganac1589 : 01-17-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: close post
Morganac1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 PM #4
ammoeller
its morphin time

ammoeller is playing at Living Legends VII
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ammoeller owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ammoeller supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganac1589 View Post
Thanks for the input but not the sarcasm mr spool pack ..... It ended up being the front bolt assembly . The previous owner somehow waakajawwed the bolt with completely different o-rings and the bolt ended up jamming every time i would try to fire it . Thanks for the "input" ... please lock thread or close
Um, I'm pretty sure he was just trying to help you. I don't mean any disrespect or anything but his question was pretty legitimate. People are here to help, not flame. Next time try not to be so standoffish.

For future reference it does help to call the part you have a question on by It's correct name.

Atlantic/Haze swapped Geo3 FST---LV1's come, cash to add
ammoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 PM #5
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
I was not being sarcastic. Glad to know your guns working now. Lots of people get the 14X2 orings mixed up and it causes all sorts of problems like that.