PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 AM #1
BlindSeaman

has been a member for 10 years
Holy Nostalgia - Whats changed?

So I recently came across my old Spyder Xtra while moving to CA from Oregon, and it got me thinking about paintball. I was bored tonight so I figured I would find out what the hell the world of paintball has been up to in the last ten years. I had some awesome memories from going to the field on weekends in my 87' jeep with no top, bunkering the newbs, spending lots of money and drinking powerade . I did a search for paintball forums and am like PbNation sounds familiar... and holy **** I remembered my username and password from 10 years ago lol.

Here she is from what I remember:

Spyder Xtra:
My own "custom" trigger job
Delrin bolt made by someone on these forums
Autococker reg
Little 4500 PSI HPA tank, don't remember the exact size.
Revvy hopper.
DYE SS barrel 12"- Medium
CP barrel 12"- Small
I played up front.

So would I be old school showing up at a field with this stuff? Or simply laughed off the field? It is weird reading my posts from 2001 I was freaking 17 then. Now I'm almost 30 and married. Creepy.

Some more details from reading through my old posts:
Maddman Spring Kit
WGP Black Ergo Regulator
Drilled/tapped vertical adaptor for a gauge
DYE Micro Gauge
32* Macroline Kit
Was running 500psi @300fps.

Damn, wish my old website still worked. I had a video of my xtra sucking in a tissue, it was when everyone dissed spyders for having supposed blowback.

Last edited by BlindSeaman : 01-17-2013 at 03:24 AM.
BlindSeaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM #2
K_Group

has been a member for 10 years
K_Group works for a Paintball manufacturer
Couldn't imagine why you would be laughed off the field. a gun is a gun, your skills determine everything. I play against pump guys all the time who hold their own against high end electros.

I wouldn't go bragging about your Xtra to any 12 year old kid with a ego, they probably wouldn't understand or appreciate what you did to that gun. I on the other hand would.

good to hear you are back in the game.
K_Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM #3
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Actually they wouldn't laugh at you. They'd look at you strage because you have an unknown marker. I'm serious. Everytime I go play with my old school spyder they question me what marker I'm shooting. Kids in this generation of paintball have no idea what a Spyder is haha.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM #4
rethalis

I pulled out my old spyder compact with, a few ups for my first time paintballing in ten years, last year. The responses i got was. "im getting tired of getting shot out by that guy with that spyder" and "thats really cool, have not seen one of those for a very long time"

I upgraded to an axe as my main shooter now, so "old faithful" is now a loaner as my back up is a heavily upgraded mech spyder.

If people give you newb looks with your spyder just gog em. That will change thier view of you real quick.
rethalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 PM #5
shane_lxi
Doooooooooork

My friend got ahold of about 10 old spyders and random clones from a thrift store recently, and brought them to me to fix them. A few spyder tl's and some random others, probably retired rentals. You'd be surprised how many people still recognize these old guns and have fond memories. It's tough to keep up with some if the newer guns, but they're still fun to bust out on occasion!
shane_lxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM #6
JakeTrilla

Blindseaman,
how old is your xtra? I have an original Spyder Shutter Java edition that i took to the field this past weekend, but the field HPA didnt work. (got the machine gun effect similar to when the fill on CO2 gets low)

Asked around at the field; No one at the field even recognized the shutter, I kept getting "What kind of gun is that?"

and I poked around for suggestions on the net, but no conclusive answers.

I don't want to give up on my old favorite, so if you could share any mods/ideas for running HPA on your xtra that would be awesome! thanks!
JakeTrilla is offline   Reply With Quote