PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 PM #43
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Speaking of Ibanez...someone on HCG just got this, and I ****ing want one

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

Steam - BabyHands
komodo_117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM #44
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

qu1cks1lver56 is playing at Living Legends III
qu1cks1lver56 supports Team VICIOUS
qu1cks1lver56 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
qu1cks1lver56 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Just found out how to record, but I have to run my cheap HDFX into my computer and use sound recorder. Works, but I can't hear anything while I play, so everything is coming out messy.

Here's the pinky exercise I like the most, been doing it for a long time. It's just hammer on and pull off, I'm on the high e going between the 10th and 7th fret. You should practice it with bigger stretches and across every string in different positions. The most important part is to keep the timing and learn to accelerate/decelerate as smoothly as possible, control > speed.
https://soundcloud.com/gdtetc/pinky-exercise

I use pinky strength/speed a lot to compensate for my inability to pick fast. I saw it a while back on YouTube, might be a MAB exercise.

Here's a lick from Siege Engine by Buckethead that incorporates pinky strength in a similar way.
https://soundcloud.com/gdtetc/pinky-exercise-siege

You kind of have to listen for how it goes, I'm not good at explaining music.
0-7-12 - 12-7-0 __ 0-3-8 - 8-3-0 __ 0-5-10 - 10-5-0
Pick hammer hammer ____ pick pull pull

Thanks, I'll definitely use this.
hi
qu1cks1lver56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 PM #45
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Just found out how to record, but I have to run my cheap HDFX into my computer and use sound recorder. Works, but I can't hear anything while I play, so everything is coming out messy.
Just buy a mic with an interface. Or even a Blue Snowball USB mic. Easiest and best way to do it.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 PM #46
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Snowball has the same problem. In fact, all USB mics have the inability to hear what you're playing as you're playing it. It's a constant guessing game of playing, recording, playing it back, adjusting, and repeating the process. Also, a bit of a lack of low-end I've noticed. I've found on mine that at moderate volumes, it's hard to sweet-spot it so it doesn't clip, and with the -10db buffer pad on, you have to get quite a bit louder before it sounds not as muffled.

So yeah, mic and interface are the best way to go.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

Steam - BabyHands
Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM #47
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

qu1cks1lver56 is playing at Living Legends III
qu1cks1lver56 supports Team VICIOUS
qu1cks1lver56 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
qu1cks1lver56 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You can also use a Fender Mustang amp for a guitar interface. Not the best but cheap and it works.
hi
qu1cks1lver56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 PM #48
Stagger Lee

I look into it, thanks fellers
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
Speaking of Ibanez...someone on HCG just got this, and I ****ing want one

[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/craigpiano/image-37_zpsb5e96184.jpg[/IM]
Great for Paul Stanley, a little too phallic for my liking though . I never noticed until I held one in person, which sucks because they're such great guitars.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM #49
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Never stopped Prince.

Steam - BabyHands
Old 01-08-2013, 10:56 AM #50
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay

That's not bad.

What's bad is there's a ~$6000 ESP Sugizo signature on their used site for $900.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 PM #51
<3applesAndoranges<3

Quote:
anything that utilizes the debt system..
rofl
<3applesAndoranges<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM #52
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3applesAndoranges<3 View Post
rofl
lmaoroflol

Steam - BabyHands
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 PM #53
Treghc

Building credit makes it easier to live. Jus' sayin'...

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 PM #54
Stagger Lee

I have great credit due to monthly car/insurance payments and taking advantage of nearly every 0% I can find, lol. I use cash for 99% of purchases though to keep from spending imaginary money.

Turns out the guitar is indeed a 90s RGR470, resoncast body, original Edge, and a Super Wizard neck. The resoncast body scares me a little, never used one and no idea how they stand up to wear.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 PM #55
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have no idea what my credit rating is but I do have (and use) a credit card, most of it I can pay back but I lost my job back in August and it kinda piled up. I was still able to make payments over the minimum, just not full amounts. Plus now that I'm back in college I'm kinda boned for cash

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM #56
burningcow422
is this real?

I use my credit card but only knowing I have the money to pay whatevers on it off. Building credit isn't a bad thing.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 PM #57
Stagger Lee

Having great credit is important, you might need it one day and you'll be glad you put the effort into making payments. The killer is spending imaginary money/money you should be saving, which is where a lot of people get into trouble.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 AM #58
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

That's why I don't have any. I'd rather just pay for things with money I do have instead of some imaginary accumulation of numbers on a plastic card.

I know I need to build up something but I'm just not sure how without acquiring a credit card.

Steam - BabyHands
Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 AM #59
Stagger Lee

The easiest way is to have your parents add you as a user on their CCs; as long as they make good payments, you'll also benefit. The next super easy thing is to open a GC card and buy a few items on the longest 0% plan you can (at least that's what I did). You can also open an account with a credit union and finance payments through them.

Just make the payments and you won't run into problems. Can't be one of those guys that blows through his paycheck and worries about bills at the end of the month.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 PM #60
Treghc

Quote:
That's why I don't have any. I'd rather just pay for things with money I do have instead of some imaginary accumulation of numbers on a plastic card.

I know I need to build up something but I'm just not sure how without acquiring a credit card.
Many ways. Co-signing on a lease of an apartment or a loan on a car are the two easiest. Then there's getting a credit card, which is dangerous to most folk, but with the proper mindset, can be very beneficial to you. You do have to at least show you use it from time to time, but generally, keeping it paid off is the best thing you can do for your credit.

Any line of credit at a bank can help you. Personal Credit Lines, Cash Reserve Credits, Auto Loans... It's usually best to start off small though.

My parents got a credit card for me when I was 18. I abused it and it sucked to have so many payments needed to be made. Thankfully, they were smart and only put a $500 limit on it, so I didn't have to file bankruptcy or anything A couple years down the line, I learned my lesson, paid the thing off and my credit has been waaaaay better. Allowed me to get a decently-sized limit on my GC card, even though I don't plan on using the GC card anymore.

Credit helps you get in to an apartment, get a mortgage on your house, finance at great rates for auto loans, etc. It really helps you in the long run and is good to utilize appropriately as soon as possible. I've heard a good trick is, once you get a credit card, use it a little bit for a year. After that, spend a larger amount with it, but something that you can still pay it off. Then just cut up the card and never use it again. This works especially well with your first credit card, which credit reports will always reflect on the most (out of any other credit cards you have). So, you keep the first card at a balance of $0 after using it for a bit, then find a new card to use. You'll have a little more freedom with the new card.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 01-11-2013, 03:40 PM #61
Stagger Lee

Yeah, co-signing is one I forgot. Surprising, because my parents co-signed my car loan.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:51 PM #62
Stagger Lee

rofl@eBay

It even has "a custom Ibaneze style neck with a Jackson style fret board"
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM #63
Stagger Lee

...What do you guys think of the Jem line? Still a pro model for Vai fanboys, or has it become a separate line influenced by him? I got to try a 7v and loved it, but something about owning a signature model seems wrong. I bet the used market is going to drop after NAMM though, so they should be cheaper to scoop. They're even making a 7-string Jem for those of you who can handle it.
Thinking about switching to 10s from 11s. I've gotten really good about doing all my big bends up on the b to avoid bending the high e past the 7th fret when possible. Maybe it'll help even out the muddiness from my amp. I'd also like to lower my bridge pickup, but I'm not sure how to go about that with the tall pickup rings.

Last edited by Stagger Lee : 01-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Stagger Lee is offline   Reply With Quote