Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 PM #988
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
Most of his Executive Orders are fine and are issues that MANY gun owners felt needed to be addressed.

The problem is the AWB and other BS legislature that they're going to try and push.

Quote:
In addition, in March 2004, Kristen Rand, the legislative director of the Violence Policy Center, criticized the soon-to-expire ban by stating, "The 1994 law in theory banned AK-47s, MAC-10s, Uzis, AR-15s and other 'assault weapons'. Yet the gun industry easily found ways around the law and most of these weapons are now sold in post-ban models virtually identical to the guns Congress sought to ban in 1994."
Another good link, on the 1994-2004 AWB:
http://townhall.com/columnists/dougg...009/page/full/

It DOESN'T work, as only law abiding citizens will adhere to these bans.

And before anyone brings up Europe, most of those countries (esp. UK) don't have Mexico directly south of them.
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"
Death_Taco is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 PM #989
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio
 
Paintnoob13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: misery
Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The difference between a rifle and an assault rifle in NY is having 2 of the following: folding stock, bayonet lug, suppressor. It's not like it's always an entirely different gun.
Paintnoob13 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM #990
CobraXX
Klasic
 
CobraXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
So the only point to own a gun is to kill?
__________________
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM #991
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Approved rifle


Banned assault rifle


In reality, both are the same "mini-14" rifles and the approved version is not any less deadly. The AWB legislation is a joke, banning guns simply based on looks, not actual function.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 PM #992
iizmatts
Me Gusta
 
iizmatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Approved rifle


Banned assault rifle


In reality, both are the same "mini-14" rifles and the approved version is not any less deadly. The AWB legislation is a joke, banning guns simply based on looks, not actual function.
riddle me this

which one of those is easier to carry into a crowded public area without being noticed. The one with the fixed stock or the one with the folding stock?

And before you jump to conclusions I am against gun control, however I can't foresee any good reason why people need folding stocks on their rifles.
iizmatts is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 PM #993
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity
 
]TSS[ Dake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CWU
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
a hand gun will do just fine for protection
And seeing as how only handguns were used at Sandy Hook, you're making no sense.
__________________
If I were the marrying type,
and I thank the lord I'm not, sir...

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 PM #994
iizmatts
Me Gusta
 
iizmatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
And seeing as how only handguns were used at Sandy Hook, you're making no sense.
ummmm...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/con...uns/index.html
iizmatts is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 PM #995
Pelto123
Cell Technician
 
Pelto123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chinaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by iizmatts View Post
And before you jump to conclusions I am against gun control, however I can't foresee any good reason why people need folding stocks on their rifles.
Why don't you just ban flame drop forwards while you're at it?
Pelto123 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM #996
iizmatts
Me Gusta
 
iizmatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
lol
iizmatts is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM #997
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity
 
]TSS[ Dake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CWU
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by iizmatts View Post
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/3020...town-shooting/
__________________
If I were the marrying type,
and I thank the lord I'm not, sir...

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 PM #998
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iizmatts View Post
riddle me this

which one of those is easier to carry into a crowded public area without being noticed. The one with the fixed stock or the one with the folding stock?

And before you jump to conclusions I am against gun control, however I can't foresee any good reason why people need folding stocks on their rifles.
I agree about folding stock but banning the adjustable ones on AR-15s is unnecessary IMO.

Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor

I don't see how there accessories make the gun any deadlier.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM #999
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity
 
]TSS[ Dake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CWU
 has been a member for 10 years
If you've ever gone hiking with a gun, folding stock is far more convenient.
__________________
If I were the marrying type,
and I thank the lord I'm not, sir...

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM #1000
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same
 
Mr.Familiar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iizmatts View Post
riddle me this

which one of those is easier to carry into a crowded public area without being noticed. The one with the fixed stock or the one with the folding stock?

And before you jump to conclusions I am against gun control, however I can't foresee any good reason why people need folding stocks on their rifles.
I see your point, but if someone is going to go to the efforts to plan out mass murder in a crowded public area (which is what I'm assuming you are basing your argument off of), I'll go as far to say that legislation isn't going to deter them.

There are always going to be perfectly valid and harmless reasons for something, (collapsing stock for ease of carry and storage for a law abiding citizen) just to the same end that the folding stock could be used to conceal the gun in a large coat and commit a mass murder.

Personally, if our government has the right to spend more money on our military than the next 14 countries combined (SIPRI Yearbook 2012), coming up with technologies, weapons, and defense tactics that are bigger and better than anyone else, because we fear attacks from other populations; I should have the same right to defend myself from those same enemies with an assault rifle, at the very least.
__________________
Twothousandandfour.
Any man who knows a thing, knows that he knows not a damn, damn thing at all. K'Naan

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 01-16-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Mr.Familiar is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM #1001
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
I've always slung my rifle over my shoulder or across my back, so it wouldn't make a difference to me.

Of course, I've never done multi day hikes with a pack where I carried a gun, so that might make a difference.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 PM #1002
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
BTW: In 1927 a schoolboard member killed 38 people at a Michigan elementary school with a bomb. Sandy hook isn't anything new. Crazies will find a way regardless of law, no need to punish law abiding citizens for a false sense of security.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"

Last edited by Pump Revolution : 01-16-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 PM #1003
iizmatts
Me Gusta
 
iizmatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc/50210025#50210025

5:30
iizmatts is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 PM #1004
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!
 
Dirtybirdy51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
Isn't part of the purpose of the 2nd amendment to ensure that the citizens had weapons so that in case the govt and military went awry, the people could so something about it?

Now in case I didn't go full retard with that assumption, here's my bit on gun control.

The guns aren't the problem. The person pulling the trigger is ultimately responsible for the killing. You can kill just as many 5 year olds with a handgun as you could a rifle. What you need is the mental sickness to do so.

I agree with the legislation being pushed forward which requires background checks to obtain a firearm. However, even those will do little to stop another psycho from shooting up a public place. If you really want to go nuts and kill a bunch of people bad enough, you'll find a way to do so- be it purchasing a legal, or illegal weapon, or making a bomb or whatever

Based on my feelings detailed above, I think the AWB legislation is retarded. And even more so if my assumption about the 2nd amendment is correct.
__________________
ST:F - Broscience/10
flickr
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Dirtybirdy51 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 PM #1005
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro
 
Obey-193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ConnecticuT
Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
BTW: In 1927 a schoolboard member killed 38 people at a Michigan elementary school with a bomb. Sandy hook isn't anything new. Crazies will find a way regardless of law, no need to punish law abiding citizens for a false sense of security.
Yea that's like everything else , one person does something stupid it screws it up for everyone .
__________________
Obey-193 is online now  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 PM #1006
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
IIZ: Not surprised that guy prefers to deal with dead people.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 PM #1007
Smart Parts Player12
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Jersey
The issue at hand isn't guns, it's this broken system that glorifies death and destruction. You can't change the channel on your television without seeing someone being shot or blown up. It's so totally ingrained in society.
__________________
But if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: You're getting off first, or I'm going to die. It's really that simple, right?
Smart Parts Player12 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 09:57 PM #1008
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!
 
Dirtybirdy51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
SPP: I saw that **** as a kid. He'll, as a child I pretended like I was in the army and was shooting people. I'm not ****ed up tho. I don't go around committing murderous crimes.

I think it's individual people which are the problem. Some people are just ****ed up individuals and there isn't too much we can do about it.
__________________
ST:F - Broscience/10
flickr
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Dirtybirdy51 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump