Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 PM #967
Pelto123
Cell Technician
 
Pelto123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chinaland
Guess I will just have to take owning an assault rifle off my bucket list
Pelto123 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM #968
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro
 
Obey-193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ConnecticuT
Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
To be honest I don't see the point of a normal civilian owning one .
__________________
Obey-193 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 PM #969
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
My opinion is that the vast majority of gun related crimes are committed or aided by handguns. So why are politicians even talking about "assault rifles"? Which is a stupid ****ing title anyways.

Oh, that's right, we care about the rare events when a bunch of suburban kids get hurt. Not the 90%+ of crimes that are committed in low income urban areas.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM #970
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Only 2% of gun crimes are committed with assault rifles, so I doubt an ban will have much effect. Most criminals aren't going to carry around an assault rifle because they are expensive and not exactly concealable. Handguns on the the hand are cheap and widely available.

Crazy people are gonna be crazy regardless of the laws. This does nothing to stop them.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:27 PM #971
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity
 
]TSS[ Dake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CWU
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
To be honest I don't see the point of a normal civilian owning one .
I don't see the point of a normal civilian owning an exotic vehicle. Congress can expect my petition to ban the import of exotics to cross their desk soon.
__________________
If I were the marrying type,
and I thank the lord I'm not, sir...

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is online now  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM #972
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro
 
Obey-193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ConnecticuT
Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Yea I agree with that , but if you look at all this school shootings and **** they were done with legal weapons . I guarantee if that ***** Lanza didn't have any guns at home we he wouldn't drive down the street to try and find a illegal gun

Yea but that's completely different a car can't go into a school and kill 20 kids
__________________
Obey-193 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 PM #973
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity
 
]TSS[ Dake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CWU
 has been a member for 10 years
You guarantee it? The vast majority of crimes are committed with weapons that obtained illegally.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...is-it-19990624

Fantastic read about what I believe are the causes of mass shootings.

Long story short? No amount of legislation is going to change what growing up in such a violence-glorifying culture will imprint in your heart.
__________________
If I were the marrying type,
and I thank the lord I'm not, sir...

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is online now  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM #974
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
I don't see the point of a normal civilian owning an exotic vehicle. Congress can expect my petition to ban the import of exotics to cross their desk soon.
Let's not dumb down the conversation with ****ty analogies that don't make any sense just quite yet, m'kay?
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM #975
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro
 
Obey-193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ConnecticuT
Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
The worst part is they can do whatever they want but this will still happen .
__________________
Obey-193 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 PM #976
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
To be honest I don't see the point of a normal civilian owning one .
And why not? I own (by legislation's count) 4.
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"
Death_Taco is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM #977
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity
 
]TSS[ Dake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CWU
 has been a member for 10 years
Really? Because with the evidence he presented:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
To be honest I don't see the point of a normal civilian owning one .
I thought it was a fantastic analogy.

To impose a ban on everything the average person doesn't really need is just absurd.
__________________
If I were the marrying type,
and I thank the lord I'm not, sir...

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is online now  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM #978
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro
 
Obey-193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ConnecticuT
Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post

And why not? I own (by legislation's count) 4.
Well tell me your point of having one ?
__________________
Obey-193 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM #979
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same
 
Mr.Familiar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
Well tell me your point of having one ?
Because the constitution that this country is founded upon gives him the right to. Other than that, it's nobody's business.
__________________
Twothousandandfour.
Any man who knows a thing, knows that he knows not a damn, damn thing at all. K'Naan

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Mr.Familiar is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 PM #980
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
Well tell me your point of having one ?
Why do people need cars that go over 70mph, we should ban any car over 130hp...
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 PM #981
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro
 
Obey-193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ConnecticuT
Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post

Because the constitution that this country is founded upon gives him the right to. Other than that, it's nobody's business.
Yea I understand that but when the constitution was written guns like this weren't around , and yes it nobody's business idk maybe I jus feel strong about this because sandy hook is so close to where I live .
__________________
Obey-193 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 PM #982
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]TSS[ Dake View Post
Really? Because with the evidence he presented:

I thought it was a fantastic analogy.

To impose a ban on everything the average person doesn't really need is just absurd.
the point of a fast car is to go faster, which may cause death(though not its intended purpose).

the point of a better gun is to cause death more efficiently. It has no other purpose.

Therefore comparing something that is specifically designed to kill living things with something that is NOT designed to do so, is a flawed analogy. And always will be.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM #983
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
Because the forefather's of our country could not possibly imagine a leap in technology?

It's my right, and it's my hobby. So I bought them. I shoot with them and I enjoy spending time with my friends and dad at the range.
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"
Death_Taco is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM #984
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro
 
Obey-193's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ConnecticuT
Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Guns were always made to kill no other reason . You cant compare a car to to a gun . There is not one legit reason why someone need a assault riffle in there house , a hand gun will do just fine for protection . Im tired of hearing the BS that its your amendment. We can argue about this for days and its just opinions what we say has no effect on anything .
__________________
Obey-193 is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM #985
solrflare
 
 
solrflare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Columbus, GA
Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Gun control is well within the 2nd Amendment.
__________________
PbNation: Stupidity on an EPIC scale!
Originally posted by sutcivnI
PBNation: your source for unfounded and completely unrealistic advice about every subject under the sun.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 PM #986
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.
 
Death_Taco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Frederick MD.
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
Guns were always made to kill no other reason . You cant compare a car to to a gun . There is not one legit reason why someone need a assault riffle in there house , a hand gun will do just fine for protection . Im tired of hearing the BS that its your amendment. We can argue about this for days and its just opinions what we say has no effect on anything .
A hand gun will NOT always do just fine. What about them limiting capacity (in NY) to <8 rnds of ammunition for magazines? What if you miss, what if they are on drugs, what if they don't go down and that last round comes out?
I know plenty of people who varmint hunt with AR-15s, boar hunt with them, deer hunt with them, etc. They come in all calibers and functions. Plenty of people use them for match shooting and competitions.

These are all NOT legit though right?
__________________
"Originally posted by Pelto123: if this how u act in real life u dont have to worry about smashing anyone anytime soon"
Death_Taco is offline  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 PM #987
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
Guns were always made to kill no other reason . You cant compare a car to to a gun . There is not one legit reason why someone need a assault riffle in there house , a hand gun will do just fine for protection . Im tired of hearing the BS that its your amendment. We can argue about this for days and its just opinions what we say has no effect on anything .
I just want to say I'm not agreeing with this logic, either.

Just pointing out the flawed analogy.

I don't think any of the current regulations in "will issue" states are sensible, and neither is the currently proposed ban.

However, Obama's focus on better background checks sound generally reasonable to me.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump