Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 AM #1
Hellf1ghter22

Hose Lines from fill station

Well the soft opening day at my field went fantastic but I need better hose and quick fill connectors from the fill stations we have. Both my quick fill connectors have tiny O-rings inside that both fell out, is this normal and what size are those o-rings? Also, my high pressure line is super thick making it hard to fill the markers, any suggestions and where to get better set ups for the lines leaving the fill station?
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2013, 07:20 AM #2
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Annual Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 is BST Legit
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
In my opinion, its not the lines, its the fill station. Fill station o-rings are a regular pain, because they get damaged, blown out, etc. Just keep a bunch of them on hand and get good at putting them back in.
As far as the coupling, I am a big fan of the Bauer and Compressed Air Specialties QD's. They are both safety quick disconnects, and will not blow the o-ring out, and the line wont whip if there is not a tank on it. They are pricey but well worth it for the safety and convenience factor.

The o-ring that goes inside the QD is a #10 o-ring. I ordered a bunch of them from oringmonkey.com

-Will

Central Alabama Paintball Park and Tournament Complex
Minor League Paintball (MiLP)
(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM #3
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Those orings usually blow out when you haven't purged the air in the air line fully before you disconnect.

I'm not sure what your setup looks like or who's filling the tanks but always let the air purge fully, then disconnect the tank. It only takes an extra second.

If you have a more automated system, it will still happen from time to time since those systems tend to purge and disconnect at the same time. It leads to blown out orings here and there. I'd go with bigfootguy's idea if you have this system.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote