Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 AM #22
skitsofraniak
I love strippers.

skitsofraniak is a Supporting Member
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skitsofraniak owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have my solenoid 3/7 run a ninja 68/45 slp and shot that 7 and a hopper, had about 1500 left as well.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Warped Sports, BOLP, P.A.N.S, Central Wave, Traffic Jamz, Joe Darrah Enterprises, Blacksmith Tattoos
Old school feedback
Jon Woodley's HH luxe 2.0!
GEARBAG SALE!
skitsofraniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM #23
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
rear 2 front 7
dwell stock
lpr 2.5 turns in
DART kit
+/- 3 chrono @ 280
11 pods and a rotor with 1000 psi left in the tank

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:08 PM #24
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

shdo69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shdo69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycon View Post
rear 2 front 7
dwell stock
lpr 2.5 turns in
DART kit
+/- 3 chrono @ 280
11 pods and a rotor with 1000 psi left in the tank
Holy crap that's a lot of paint going through that gun.

Ok I had my buddy at the paintball store turn the LPR in 1&1/2 turns in from flush, put my dwell to 14.0 and switch my LP guide to hp. Hope that fixes it. If I get 8 pods and a hopper on a 45 fill or 6 and a hopper on a 3000 fill I'll be happy

my Paintball Jungle YouTube channel
shdo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:52 PM #25
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
It shocked the **** out of me the first couple times I did it...now it's the norm!

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 PM #26
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycon View Post
It shocked the **** out of me the first couple times I did it...now it's the norm!
It would me too but I'd be happy with 8-9 pods and a hopper out of a 45 fill

Old 01-17-2013, 04:08 AM #27
somers

somers owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
somers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
update?? did you get it sorted and what was the outcome
somers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 PM #28
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Quote:
Originally Posted by somers View Post
update?? did you get it sorted and what was the outcome
No not yet. I will test it out Saturday. Ill keep you posted. I really hope it's fixed.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:29 PM #29
XKE

has been a member for 10 years
Just a little info on the LP and HP valve guides for you-

They have nothing to do with your tank output pressure.

Installing the LP valve will allow you to run lower pressure settings on your marker, making for a smoother shot, but sacrificing some efficiency.

Installing the HP valve will make your marker more efficient, and sacrifice some smoothness.

I use the HP valve in my sl94. My marker is plenty smooth and I have no problem at all shooting well over 1600 shots on a fill.

James Butts fan club #1-100
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM #30
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE View Post
Just a little info on the LP and HP valve guides for you-

They have nothing to do with your tank output pressure.

Installing the LP valve will allow you to run lower pressure settings on your marker, making for a smoother shot, but sacrificing some efficiency.

Installing the HP valve will make your marker more efficient, and sacrifice some smoothness.

I use the HP valve in my sl94. My marker is plenty smooth and I have no problem at all shooting well over 1600 shots on a fill.
Thank you very much on that info. That does help.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:37 AM #31
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Last year at Cup I was shooting 10 and a rotor with some air left (I can only carry 10 with my pack ). I run all stock settings and a DART kit on a 68/45. I have shot a lot of paint threw the marker so its broken in to perfection. Its consistent, quiet, efficient and reliable. I use the same setting in 100+ degree weather in Fl as I do in 20 degree weather in NY. Only difference is I change the battery more often in the cold and use winter fill. I never have issue with my equipment. Thats why I shoot PE.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:09 AM #32
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Your shooting tiny paint through a huge bore, arnt you.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:04 PM #33
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Ok so I took it out today. I shot 3 pods and a hopper before I got shot out. So I took it to my buddy that I work with in the field. He said that the LPR was set to low. He said it needed to be flush. So he set it. I took it back out again and I ran through five pods and a hopper and had about 600psi left out of 3000 fill. When we play our big game at our field I filled my tank to 4000psi and ran through seven pods and a hopper and still had 1000psi. So when I left the field and went to the target range and fill my hopper all the way and ran through it. So all in all I can get 8 1/2 pods on a 4000 fill. 9 1/2 maybe 10 on a 45 fill. I heard the first owner didn't use it all that much so maybe it still need to be broken in.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 PM #34
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdo69 View Post
Ok so I took it out today. I shot 3 pods and a hopper before I got shot out. So I took it to my buddy that I work with in the field. He said that the LPR was set to low. He said it needed to be flush. So he set it. I took it back out again and I ran through five pods and a hopper and had about 600psi left out of 3000 fill. When we play our big game at our field I filled my tank to 4000psi and ran through seven pods and a hopper and still had 1000psi. So when I left the field and went to the target range and fill my hopper all the way and ran through it. So all in all I can get 8 1/2 pods on a 4000 fill. 9 1/2 maybe 10 on a 45 fill. I heard the first owner didn't use it all that much so maybe it still need to be broken in.
Your "buddy" clearly knows nothing about the CSL/Ego11. LPR settings stock for them are 2 turns in from flush. That's your best bet to run optimal settings.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 PM #35
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
Your "buddy" clearly knows nothing about the CSL/Ego11. LPR settings stock for them are 2 turns in from flush. That's your best bet to run optimal settings.
Well it was two turns in and it was going through the air fast. As soon as he made it flush is when It was shooting better and the air was lasting longer.

Last edited by shdo69 : 01-19-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 AM #36
somers

somers owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Quote:
this man is correct, however, if it works then leave it
somers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 PM #37
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Quote:
Originally Posted by somers View Post
this man is correct, however, if it works then leave it
Trust me guys I'm with all of you. I took it to the place where I bought it and the guy there said the same as you. But I was at my wits end that day and my buddy just said to try it. I got 2 full hoppers and seven pods on a 4000 fill. That's almost 10 pods. With the LPR screwed in two turns I got only five pods and a hopper and had 1000 psi left on a 4000 fill. So all and all he may not know the CSL but he did get it to work better with air. And it shoots smooth too. I'm keeping it around 270-280 fps. Our field allows 290 or lower. So I'm good there.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 AM #38
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdo69 View Post

Trust me guys I'm with all of you. I took it to the place where I bought it and the guy there said the same as you. But I was at my wits end that day and my buddy just said to try it. I got 2 full hoppers and seven pods on a 4000 fill. That's almost 10 pods. With the LPR screwed in two turns I got only five pods and a hopper and had 1000 psi left on a 4000 fill. So all and all he may not know the CSL but he did get it to work better with air. And it shoots smooth too. I'm keeping it around 270-280 fps. Our field allows 290 or lower. So I'm good there.
That's weird and seems to defy most of the general consensus. Higher LPR pressure being better on air? I'm wondering if in fact maybe you just miscounted your pods or misread your air amount. Running that higher LPR pressure is also interesting to show a smooth shot. Are your noid settings stock? I'm intrigued by all this.

On my 11 that I had, I shot a 45/45. Only settings I changed were noid to 1/7, and on a 4000 fill I could get close to 8 pods with that last pod starting to drop off. That's why I'm skeptical about all this.

Another thing to consider would be paint to bore match...and what FPS you were shooting.

Last edited by abenguyen : 01-22-2013 at 01:03 AM.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:52 AM #39
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Quote:
That's weird and seems to defy most of the general consensus. Higher LPR pressure being better on air? I'm wondering if in fact maybe you just miscounted your pods or misread your air amount. Running that higher LPR pressure is also interesting to show a smooth shot. Are your noid settings stock? I'm intrigued by all this.

On my 11 that I had, I shot a 45/45. Only settings I changed were noid to 1/7, and on a 4000 fill I could get close to 8 pods with that last pod starting to drop off. That's why I'm skeptical about all this.

Another thing to consider would be paint to bore match...and what FPS you were shooting.
I didn't miscount anything. I have a 5+8 pack and I put seven full pods in it plus a full hopper. We play a game after lunch called The Beezwax that takes up a lot of paint to play. I ran through all of it. And still had almost 1000 psi left. Right before the game I filled my tank up to 4000 psi. I kept my eyes on it the whole game. Like I said. After the game I went to the target range and filled my hopper all the way once again and ran through all of that paint as well. I refilled it and shot about 10-15 balls when it started to drop off.
In the morning before we messed with the LPR, I gave my setup to my friend to try out for me because I had to ref. he went out there with four pods and a hopper with a 3000 fill. He got shot out but had went through three pods and a hopper and had about 800 psi left. After we did the LPR I gave it back to him and he played the whole game and ran out of paint. Four pods and a hopper and had 1000psi left. I then put a pod back into the hopper and shot it all and had 500 psi left. There was no miss counting of any kind.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 AM #40
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

I am going back to the store with it tonight and having them look at it. All of you plus the store can't be wrong here. But all I know is the gun is shooting great now but if there is something wrong with it I want to know about it.
Oh and I'm shooting 270-280-285 fps

Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 PM #41
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
You should definitely tighten the nut behind the wheel.

That means stop trusting other people know their way around an 11 and learn to work on it yourself. If you read the owners manual it will tell you how to set your marker up properly. The ego is a VERY easy marker to work on that needs no special tools, gauges, or skills.

Again my guess is a extreme over bore, crazy hot fills, and possibly over cranked hpr. There's a velocity peak and then everything after that will shoot lower but your reg will be wasting more air. Set your dwell to 15.5, lpr 2 turns in from flush, and screw your hpr all the way in. Go to chrono and back out hpr half turn at a time while shooting 4 balls in between till you get desired velocity. And for the love of all that is holy, don't expect great effeciency with an extreme overbore.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM #42
shdo69
My paint looks good on u

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
You should definitely tighten the nut behind the wheel.

That means stop trusting other people know their way around an 11 and learn to work on it yourself. If you read the owners manual it will tell you how to set your marker up properly. The ego is a VERY easy marker to work on that needs no special tools, gauges, or skills.

Again my guess is a extreme over bore, crazy hot fills, and possibly over cranked hpr. There's a velocity peak and then everything after that will shoot lower but your reg will be wasting more air. Set your dwell to 15.5, lpr 2 turns in from flush, and screw your hpr all the way in. Go to chrono and back out hpr half turn at a time while shooting 4 balls in between till you get desired velocity. And for the love of all that is holy, don't expect great effeciency with an extreme overbore.
Ok say I did all that and the gun only shoots 5 pods and a hopper on a 3000 fill. Does that sound right to you?