Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 AM #1
ImpulseMarine

E99 Bolt Issue

I am not an expert here so bear with me. I was cleaning my E99 and I took out the Bolt contraption ion the back. Normally when I finish cleaning my gun I turn it on without Co2 attached and as I am putting the bolt back in I fire a single shot and it slide all the way back in. Now though it seems like the mechanism may be jammed or stuck or else i am just doing it totally wrong. Anyone have any advice? Is this a common issue with this marker? Any fixes? Thanks
ImpulseMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM #2
chives3300

Take the grip cover off.

Press the solenoid or the sear forward to allow the hammer to go forward.

Your battery is likely low, which is not allowing the solenoid to hit the sear hard enough to push it forward.
chives3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM #3
ImpulseMarine

I bought a new battery last night. Is it possible a WalMart battery could not have enough juice out the box to power it right? also the gun was in a box for about a year. What is the solenoid? or sear?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM #4
chives3300

There is a chance. But sometimes it doesn't matter if there is a juice or not, the correct way to do it is as follows:

Look at this picture (I know it is not the same as ur gun, but they are all similar):

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...15 6543_n.jpg

The silver looking thing at the top of the trigger frame is the solenoid. You will notice when you pull the trigger, when the gun is powered on (not gassed up) it moves.

When the solenoid moves, the small - pin looking piston at the front of the solenoid- moves forward into a brown "L" shaped piece of metal (the sear).

What you have to do, is with your finger, push the sear forward (similarly to how the solenoid does when you pull the trigger)

While holding the sear forward, slight your bolt & hammer assembly in.

Should be good to go.

let me know if the link does't work.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:34 PM #5
ImpulseMarine

Wait are you talking about when I totally remove the handle from the gun using the 2 Allen bolts. I pulled that off and the small silver thing is there its moving but just barely. and the picture there is my exact gun only mine is black. I wonder if I can take a short video and post it here maybe that would give some insight.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM #6
chives3300

No you don't have to take the trigger frame off. You just have to take the panel off as shown in the picture.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM #7
ImpulseMarine

Ahhh okay I see now. Something really odd happened. At first when I took it off I cocked the plunger or whatever the black part back and it was not powerful enough to fire. I clicked the solenoid forward with my finger and it fired. I did this a few times feeling stumped. I then pulled the entire firing apparatus in the back out and as I slid it in clicked the solenoid forward. It went in like you said and now it does fire strong enough to fire every time I cock it back. Haha I still do not totally understand what was causing the issue , but it works now haha. Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM #8
chives3300

Glad you got it. they are fun little guns.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM #9
sucka T.

has been a member for 10 years
when i had my e99 it used a 9.6volt battery. did you put in a 9 volt battery? when i put a 9 volt battery in my gun it never worked, only with a 9.6 volt battery.

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 PM #10
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

‹GOD› helped look for balloons
‹GOD› is playing at Living Legends III
‹GOD› owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseMarine View Post
Ahhh okay I see now. Something really odd happened. At first when I took it off I cocked the plunger or whatever the black part back and it was not powerful enough to fire. I clicked the solenoid forward with my finger and it fired. I did this a few times feeling stumped. I then pulled the entire firing apparatus in the back out and as I slid it in clicked the solenoid forward. It went in like you said and now it does fire strong enough to fire every time I cock it back. Haha I still do not totally understand what was causing the issue , but it works now haha. Thanks
I'd get a 9.6v battery. If you still run into issues with a 9.6v bat. I recommend replacing the capacitor on the board. Electrolytic caps do have a useful lifespan and after that they don't work well any more. I've replaced caps for that particular gun for many people in the past 4 years.
OLD FEEDBACK
"Originally posted by Gordofski: you can trust GOD though"
‹GOD› is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 AM #11
Omitica

Fixing things e-99 related.

The bolt sits in the top tube of your spyder, while the striker sits in the bottom. They're connected to each other by a metal pin. If I'm reading your post right, then: When you pull the bolt and striker back into the 'ready to fire' position (they're pulled far enough back to hear a click and it doesn't slide forward), then pull the trigger, nothing happens.

If this is the case:
1) The sear doesn't have enough force to release the striker.
a) Caused by either:
i) A low battery, or dead battery.
ii) The main spring is pushing too hard on the sear.

The sear is that little "L" shaped piece of metal that is at the very top of your trigger frame, that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Fix i) replace the battery with a fresh one.
Fix ii) Reduce the main spring's tension by turning the velocity adjuster counter-clockwise. Or, purchase a new spring-kit and switch in a softer spring.

--

In the rare occasion that the bolt actually fires and gets jammed in the marker, check to make sure that your internals are properly lubed, and that the screw that holds the feedneck in-place is not over tightened. I damaged a few bolts this way...
Omitica is offline   Reply With Quote