PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 AM #1
casnoid

casnoid plays in the APPA beginner division
ion battery connector

on my ion i couldent get it to turn on so i looked at the battery connector. and one of the wires was severed. is this repairable or do i need a new board?
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 AM #2
chives3300

Repairable. Take it to a paintball shop if you aren't comfortable fixing it. I just picked of a five pack of battery connectors from radioshack for 2 dollars. Took about three minutes to strip, splice, solder, and heat shrink to a like new finish
chives3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 AM #3
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Anyone with experience soldering will be able to fix it in less than 15 minutes. The longest portion of that time will be removing the board and having the soldering iron heat up.

It's a simple fix. A new connector may not be necessary, but one wire will be a little shorter than the other (if using the existing connector) because it will be stripped and soldered onto the board.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 AM #4
casnoid

casnoid plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
Anyone with experience soldering will be able to fix it in less than 15 minutes. The longest portion of that time will be removing the board and having the soldering iron heat up.

It's a simple fix. A new connector may not be necessary, but one wire will be a little shorter than the other (if using the existing connector) because it will be stripped and soldered onto the board.
Removing the board from the hoses and capacitor (circle thing protected by a metal shield)?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:41 AM #5
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by casnoid View Post

Removing the board from the hoses and capacitor (circle thing protected by a metal shield)?
I just meant removing the board from the trigger frame so the solderer wouldn't have to deal with the excess weight of a whole paintball marker. Removing the t-piece from the solenoid would be good as well so the repairman would be able to place the board where they are most comfortable with as few obstacles as possible.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote