bigdaddy mick owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
This Guy ^^!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2012, 04:13 PM #23
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantonio View Post
Ohio paintball is a joke for the sheer fact the same teams have been playing d3 for over 6 seasons now and have yet to win. Cool u placed at chicago but have u consistantly won events? or has any team but tpa back in 08 Consistantly done anything? Ohio paintball is a joke take it from someone who flew to florida and knows what a real grind is... i cant stand going to the field and not having a skid or people actually wanting to play not sit and dick around the whole time.. and t scruggs is right damamge is the best team in the rain u knw why cause it rains about every practice at cfp. and about the comment with the paint they make paint for the weather im not positive but pretty sure if they have paint for 95 degree weather they have paint for clod weather also.
el oh el

What is a real grind? Is that where you hold your barrel and look pretty when you slide?
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:52 PM #24
pedrofb19
Sweet stroller ***

Annual Supporting Member
pedrofb19 plays in the PSP
pedrofb19 donated to help Peyton Trent
pedrofb19 plays in the APPA D3 division
brb changing ohio's climate so we can play year round
pedrofb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:58 PM #25
DuckWalk

DuckWalk has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrofb19 View Post

Playing in the snow is cool a couple times but it isnt practical. Paintball isnt exactly the most profitable industry, most field owners are in the business because they love the game as well. If they cant meet ends meet in the winter because lets face it... more people play paintball in the summer i dont see why you are calling them out. Truth is you should man up and drive to an indoor if you want to *****, or open your own field.

As for indoor paintball not being the same... no ****, the same can be said about any sport: no wind, no weather, no divots in the field. I think its safe to say indoor is a pretty fair alternative. The real issue here is you dont want to drive to play at an indoor which is a personal issue.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 PM #26
frankie says chillax
...bro

frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
The in-fighting isn't so much about the lack of a top team, it's that everyone is so cliquey and hates everyone else.

Basically everyone acts like they are in high school.
dot.

seen it way too much.

i'd love to play in the snow/cold but my poor hand circulation holds me back a tad from doing it. the pain is pretty bad and end up not having any fun/learning anything. sucks that wz closed up for me.

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS

Last edited by frankie says chillax : 12-31-2012 at 11:33 PM.
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:03 PM #27
ImpulseFreek
Tpa Paintball

There are a lot of contradictions in this post starting with the op and continuing with others.

- out of 13 teams from Ohio at psp World Cup 9 went on to Sunday play

- imperial took first place in 2 of 5 events, took podium in 4 and took national series championship in the best league in the world.

- I won't say that there is never a issue between teams at Tpa but Mike Gilbert is the savior if we are going together. Mike has tried numerous times this yea to get people together to come as well and grind through the ranks.

- that I know about unless its a lightning storm mike never closes a practice or a tournament for rain. Op brought up the fact of practicing through weather in Florida. We end up playing in the same weather as t Scruggs posted before. I remember a practice pre Mao where I fried a board and two lens distorted from playing in the downpour. But playing in the snow is not good business as a speed ball player. Snow is terrible on sup air bunkers, equipment and paint.

- I have no problem driving 4 hours to practice teams during the winter. Yes I will agree that indoor is not the same as grass outdoor. But playing 6 hours a weekend at a indoor is much better than bundling up and playing in a foot of snow. Where it's nothing like real play. Your shot isn't going to break on the player wearing snow pants and a double sweatshirt.

I guess all I have to say is that there are a lot of great teams in Ohio and we are far from dead. After a year like this I can be nothing but excited for 2013's prospects. If your looking for a good teams to practice there are a lot in the north east. And I heard of a decent amount in the south area though I haven't had the chance to go down and play. Get ahold of any of these teams I know there always looking for good teams to practice.

- imperial
- Tpa house team
- effect
- eminence
- Akron college ( 7th in the nation )
- kent state
- Ohio power
- Ohio havoc
- misfit mafia
- fuse
An many more

With so many teams in this area we are a very strong state. With a lot of field owners that would do anything for the players. Unfortunately living in this part of the country isn't easy to practice all year round hence the huge paintball following in southern Cali and places its warm all the time.

If your above a d3 player ability start a following and build a d2 team or d1 there would be a lot of people to try out. If your not above that skill level it doesn't matter what others are playing at. Keep playing and get better as a player all of those teams can help you there.

If you would like to contact any of these teams I will do my best to put you in touch.

Tpa Paintball, Where the best players in Ohio play.

1 of Alot Empire Axe
1 of 2 Vegas G6R
ImpulseFreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 PM #28
Lolerskating Champ
batboy coif

Lolerskating Champ plays in the PSP
Lolerskating Champ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Lolerskating Champ plays in the APPA D3 division
Crazy Dave's is a premier training facility for anyone interested in playing serious tournament paintball near western Pennsylvania
Lolerskating Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM #29
dARKfRiDAY
Tippman Procarbine

dARKfRiDAY plays in the PSP
dARKfRiDAY plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Maybe this is a dumb question but why do our fields close in the winter? I dont see teams in the northeast or other places where it gets cold close a fields because it gets cold like honestly how can we get ohio paintball the respect it deserves with all this down time. MAN UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
Eh... I mean yeah, it's semi-inherent to paintball, but to me it just seems to happen so much more between the Ohio teams and I think it's for exactly the reason you mentioned: there really isn't a top team in this state for everyone else to rally behind and aspire to become. That's why we have so much in-fighting, because we are all trying to become that team.

It doesn't have to be a *****-fest. We routinely travel down to Asylum and have very intense grinds, but everyone respects each other. That just doesn't happen in Ohio.
This happens in every state. Ohio is no exception. Personally I think we are all getting along well. All of us Akron/TPA/Cleveland ballers make it down to Xscape here and there. Tyler I would travel to Creek more and so would everyone else if it wasn't a 5hr drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Scruggs View Post
How many national and regional events were played in the worst of conditions in 2012? It's good to get out in the muck once and awhile, even the cold. Had 3 solid early spring grinds in the snow and rain this season, it was good for the team in terms of comradery, and being prepared to play in less than ideal weather conditions at 2 events later in the year.

It does kill playing surface though, and we had only one other team to play against at two of those sessions.

And for the record since your randomly throwing Colorado out there no one practices outside in the winter in CO. How can you practice on literally sheets of ice through a foot of POW? If your saying no one in OH practices because it is "just cold out" your wrong there as well - players play when there is a turnout. As stated and reinforced in this thread - it simply is not economical to keep fields open in the winter. Field owners are running a business, which you obviously do not understand. I do like the idea of one field staying up during the winter as the main hub for winter grinds. Dimensions LCC, DropZone, & Pinacle stay open nearly year round. Considering the elements that we see up in NE OH - this is impressive. When I lived in CO there were 3 fields in the entire state worth playing at. The only one open in winter (on the reg) was a ghetto indoor facility in the Denver Warehouse District. Too much snow. Seriously where are you from and what are you thinking that good practice would come out of playing in more than 3" or 4" of snow? To risk an injury is another factor.

It's pretty baller that we may have to sit inside or drive 4-5 hours to play indoor during the winter and our divisional teams are still beating out teams like CFP, acDallas, GI Paintball; areas of the US where the weather permits year round play. Why are there some many ballers out of southern california? Because its gorgeous everyday in SoCal.

When you have facilities like Plex & Asylum (with in a respectable driving distance) accompanied by a lot of good talent showing up every weekend - that is where the players will practice. Regardless of what state or climate - players are going to play where the competition is.

And what are you talking about Willis? Ohio reps the up n coming Tippman Effect killers, Ex-Rogue players, Ex-Punishers, Ex-Less Than Zero, Ex-Dynasty, Ex- Aftershock pros and we house PSP and NPPL divisional contenders all over.

Ohio is great place to ball.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM #30
ImpulseFreek
Tpa Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dARKfRiDAY View Post

This happens in every state. Ohio is no exception. Personally I think we are all getting along well. All of us Akron/TPA/Cleveland ballers make it down to Xscape here and there. Tyler I would travel to Creek more and so would everyone else if it wasn't a 5hr drive.

And for the record since your randomly throwing Colorado out there no one practices outside in the winter in CO. How can you practice on literally sheets of ice through a foot of POW? If your saying no one in OH practices because it is "just cold out" your wrong there as well - players play when there is a turnout. As stated and reinforced in this thread - it simply is not economical to keep fields open in the winter. Field owners are running a business, which you obviously do not understand. I do like the idea of one field staying up during the winter as the main hub for winter grinds. Dimensions LCC, DropZone, & Pinacle stay open nearly year round. Considering the elements that we see up in NE OH - this is impressive. When I lived in CO there were 3 fields in the entire state worth playing at. The only one open in winter (on the reg) was a ghetto indoor facility in the Denver Warehouse District. Too much snow. Seriously where are you from and what are you thinking that good practice would come out of playing in more than 3" or 4" of snow? To risk an injury is another factor.

It's pretty baller that we may have to sit inside or drive 4-5 hours to play indoor during the winter and our divisional teams are still beating out teams like CFP, acDallas, GI Paintball; areas of the US where the weather permits year round play. Why are there some many ballers out of southern california? Because its gorgeous everyday in SoCal.

When you have facilities like Plex & Asylum (with in a respectable driving distance) accompanied by a lot of good talent showing up every weekend - that is where the players will practice. Regardless of what state or climate - players are going to play where the competition is.

And what are you talking about Willis? Ohio reps the up n coming Tippman Effect killers, Ex-Rogue players, Ex-Punishers, Ex-Less Than Zero, Ex-Dynasty, Ex- Aftershock pros and we house PSP and NPPL divisional contenders all over.

Ohio is great place to ball.
+1

Tpa Paintball, Where the best players in Ohio play.

1 of Alot Empire Axe
1 of 2 Vegas G6R
ImpulseFreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:26 AM #31
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
Kirko017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM #32
team-titanium
steved

has been a member for 10 years
team-titanium plays in the PSP
team-titanium plays in the APPA D3 division
Drive to plex, stop *****ing?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM #33
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by team-titanium View Post
Drive to plex, stop *****ing?
Or asylum.

The options are there to continue to practice over the winter, just comes down to how committed you are.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM #34
team-titanium
steved

has been a member for 10 years
team-titanium plays in the PSP
team-titanium plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
Or asylum.

The options are there to continue to practice over the winter, just comes down to how committed you are.
Word. Or you could get a plane ticket to florida for some "Real grind"
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 PM #35
bignasty sns
Addison Winstead

bignasty sns plays in the PSP
bignasty sns owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bignasty sns supports Team VICIOUS
bignasty sns is an NCPA player
bignasty sns plays in the APPA D3 division
I like paintball
bignasty sns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:24 PM #36
Babyjuice419
ProductOfToledoIndoor

Babyjuice419 plays in the PSP
Babyjuice419 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Babyjuice419 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrofb19 View Post
hahahaha
Babyjuice419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM #37
M98custom1212

Quote:
Maybe this is a dumb question but why do our fields close in the winter? I dont see teams in the northeast or other places where it gets cold close a fields because it gets cold like honestly how can we get ohio paintball the respect it deserves with all this down time. MAN UP
So get a bunch of people together and play outside.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM #38
apstephens97

You can play in the snow it just blows and alot of players in ohio are gunwhore 5 year D5 players who sandbag because they like to feel good about themselves. The teams around me are Ohio nightmare, Cincinnati Paintball and Fuse, I'm going to try to get on fuse pups when the go back to cabin creek, simply based on the fact i dont have a way to get to asylum.
apstephens97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:21 AM #39
patrolbasealpha

sometimes when I play in the winter I put my hands down my pants before the games so it warms them up and I can walk my trigger fast. Its tuned to perfection. So what my fingers get alittle stinky/sticky.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:27 PM #40
sprayN_pray
No Coaching Please

Annual Supporting Member
sprayN_pray owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sprayN_pray owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sprayN_pray plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
teams in Nj colorado places like that still play outside this is why ohio paintball is such a joke
You could move.
Ball #3
sprayN_pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 AM #41
joelski
hey, **** you.

joelski plays in the PSP
joelski is an NCPA player
joelski plays in the APPA D4 division
My team is the best

R.I.P. TPA Redemption

G4H
Drop Zone
joelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:16 PM #42
IceColdCricket
Silent But Deadly

IceColdCricket is an NCPA player
I'm from Orlando. I don't even know what you are going on about.