Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 PM #43
paintalloveryourface
ThrdStrngJanitr

paintalloveryourface supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by killajay2014
i have a 1 of 1 csl but i do get higher offers than a regular csl would..
I believe you have a 1 of a kind not a 1 of 1. That anno can be replicated.

However....
PE has a lot of factory 1 of 1's go look at the list they put out in there section on this website.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...-(Gen)
paintalloveryourface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 09:55 PM #44
n_jim89

n_jim89 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
n_jim89 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Dean
you can look at it both ways. if i custom ano my gun with a unique design that i created , then it would be a 1 of 1, but then there is the production meaning to 1 of 1
You said "custom/one of a kind."
n_jim89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 PM #45
n_jim89

n_jim89 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
n_jim89 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You mean custom/one of a kind. You can't turn a 1 of 10,000 Honda civic into a 1 of 1 because you just but new rims and a paint job on it..... It's still 1 of 10,000, and it wasn't a factory released design. Some people's kids....
n_jim89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 PM #46
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzANGUISHzz View Post
That's the argument. I don't believe in 1of1s (especially if it is just a paint job). I believe in 1 of xx or xxx. Makes it more real and desirable to a collector as well as to the user of the product.
Ah, that's the subjective part. You believe it is so, but I couldn't care less. For me it's just a stock gun... one that's probably going to be altered considerably once it comes into my hands if it doesn't fit my personal preferences.

Quote:
Think about it. 1of1 is a marketing tool by people who know their gun is not worth what they want, so they use this phrase to entice (fraudulently IMO) others.
False. It's a accurate description of a piece of custom work. If custom work is more appealing to you than off the shelf stock pieces then this would be a good thing to know. Though "custom" is definitely a more appropriate label.

Quote:
In the real world
As opposed to here in Narnia.

Quote:
a real 1of1 would be astronomical money for the product. This makes sense.
Yes, but not for the reasons you think. In the real world a true 1 of 1 would involve you paying people to design and build a one of a kind unique creation. Factories almost never release a 1 of 1, even deliberately. Those that do aren't manufacturers, they're custom shops.

Quote:
(Ex. Dark dm4 is not even 1of1 but gets way more money then these so called 1of1. Why? Bc it was a factory number that gave its value, not some bull**** aftermarket paint job).
You are mistaken on a number of details. The small number of Dark DM4's was not a deliberate factory produced number. It was, in essence, a prototype. A partially failed prototype at that (wasn't deemed structurally sound for standard use is the usual story). They didn't set off to make a limited edition, they set off to make a mass produced private label edition, which they failed to do. That's what makes it rare.

Quote:
In addition check out how much people are asking for the planet eclipse 20 year anniversary csl and geo and they are 1of20. By common knowledge people who say they have a 1of1 csl should bring in way more money than a csl 1of20. However this would never happen. Why bc the manufacturer regulated the amount produced.
It's not the "1 of 20" aspect that's bringing in those prices, it's the "20 year anniversary" part. Don't confuse "limited edition" with historical significance and collectible desirability.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 AM #47
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Here is a rare one that was also a bust for a mass production gun.

Many of them are changing hands at higher prices than a CSL.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-04-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM #48
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
I wonder how much the prototype marq would sell for

Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM #49
paintballaddict80

paintballaddict80 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballaddict80 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballaddict80 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
GreekGods shocker. There's a true 1 of 1 marker. Also seems to fit OP's description of what it truly takes to be 1 of 1.

"Iíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ĖMichael Jordan
paintballaddict80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM #50
zzANGUISHzz
Bad Luck 13

Annual Supporting Member
zzANGUISHzz is BST Legit
zzANGUISHzz is playing at Living Legends VII
zzANGUISHzz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zzANGUISHzz posts videos on PbNation
zzANGUISHzz supports DLX Technology
zzANGUISHzz supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballaddict80 View Post
GreekGods shocker. There's a true 1 of 1 marker. Also seems to fit OP's description of what it truly takes to be 1 of 1.
Gmax more like 1of4. But I'm with you on that. This is one of the true markers that gets to wear the colors.

In addition to the dark dm4. Prototypes I feel fall into this category bc prototypes were going to manufactured but for some reason didn't but this was a choice by the producing company, therefore the value will be added.

Last edited by zzANGUISHzz : 01-04-2013 at 11:01 AM.
zzANGUISHzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 AM #51
zzANGUISHzz
Bad Luck 13

Annual Supporting Member
zzANGUISHzz is BST Legit
It's not the "1 of 20" aspect that's bringing in those prices, it's the "20 year anniversary" part. Don't confuse "limited edition" with historical significance and collectible desirability.[/quote]

Maybe I'll rip up your other words later. Hahaha. But for now just this section. It is completely the 1out of 20 which gives these guns the value over msrp. If they made 5000 20th Ann just bc of the year like other companies do then there value would only be MSRP and nothing more. Which would be 1200 - 1600 depending. That's all.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 PM #52
paintalloveryourface
ThrdStrngJanitr

paintalloveryourface supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzANGUISHzz
It's not the "1 of 20" aspect that's bringing in those prices, it's the "20 year anniversary" part. Don't confuse "limited edition" with historical significance and collectible desirability.
Maybe I'll rip up your other words later. Hahaha. But for now just this section. It is completely the 1out of 20 which gives these guns the value over msrp. If they made 5000 20th Ann just bc of the year like other companies do then there value would only be MSRP and nothing more. Which would be 1200 - 1600 depending. That's all.[/quote]

I don't think you understand what he is saying. 20th anniversary is the reason (historical significance) for the number produced "20". That's why they are more valuable. Not just because there is 20. Take for instance a vicious model ego same year of the 20th anniversary where they only made "10". Same guns but the 20th anniversary will be worth more because it's historically more significant.

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...-(Gen)
paintalloveryourface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 PM #53
zzANGUISHzz
Bad Luck 13

Annual Supporting Member
zzANGUISHzz is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintalloveryourface View Post

Maybe I'll rip up your other words later. Hahaha. But for now just this section. It is completely the 1out of 20 which gives these guns the value over msrp. If they made 5000 20th Ann just bc of the year like other companies do then there value would only be MSRP and nothing more. Which would be 1200 - 1600 depending. That's all.
I don't think you understand what he is saying. 20th anniversary is the reason (historical significance) for the number produced "20". That's why they are more valuable. Not just because there is 20. Take for instance a vicious model ego same year of the 20th anniversary where they only made "10". Same guns but the 20th anniversary will be worth more because it's historically more significant.[/quote]

I understand his logic
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 PM #54
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
I happen to see this and it pretty much embodies this thread:

Bone stock closer with an anno the owner hasn't see so he assumes it is a 1 of 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7NationSoldier View Post

1 of 1 to my knowledge

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-06-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 PM #55
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

thats a swap out, the lime green was a rare color in the sense that there are less green ones that other colors

and in my mind 1 of 1 will include milling etc but will not include anno unless you consider something like the XSV sl74 with the good sir Mr. Cash on it, because you cant just walk up and ask for someone to just anno that on there,it alot harder to replicate, so we could consider rare guns to be Hard to replicate, or limited runs....

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)

Last edited by ih8ipods : 01-11-2013 at 10:24 PM.
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 AM #56
zzANGUISHzz
Bad Luck 13

Annual Supporting Member
zzANGUISHzz is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
thats a swap out, the lime green was a rare color in the sense that there are less green ones that other colors

and in my mind 1 of 1 will include milling etc but will not include anno unless you consider something like the XSV sl74 with the good sir Mr. Cash on it, because you cant just walk up and ask for someone to just anno that on there,it alot harder to replicate, so we could consider rare guns to be Hard to replicate, or limited runs....
Thank you with understanding the milling Vs anno debate
Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 AM #57
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzANGUISHzz View Post
Thank you with understanding the milling Vs anno debate
im a bob long guy, what can i say lol

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 PM #58
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut
I wonder how much the prototype marq would sell for
That's ****ing cool
KryptonicsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 AM #59
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Even just millling or extensive modding with anno doesn't make a gun completely 1 of 1.

This gun is one of maybe 2 or 3 in which a shocker was heavily modded to accept a DM frame and had to even be modded to use a DM solenoid. However, he wasn't the only one to do it.

1 of 1 would have to be something nearly impossible to replicate. Which you just don't see.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:19 AM #60
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Anyone seen the prototype marq that's picture resurfaces every now and then? That's definitely a 1 of 1

Edit: just saw it was posted above. And that this thread is dead. My bad.
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote