Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-19-2010, 12:25 AM #22
sleasys14

This is WV if you dont like it go into the woods.
sleasys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2010, 08:59 AM #23
phisighouck

phisighouck donated to help Peyton Trent
phisighouck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleasys14 View Post
This is WV if you dont like it go into the woods.
What are you talking about?
phisighouck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:38 PM #24
Jewsch

If you want to say that a field around there that was good would put SC out of buisness you may want to ask the ex-owners of the Indoor Paintball Field in Hurricane, WV which is very close to SC. They went out of buisness.

D00D! YOU wiped?
Jewsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 PM #25
brian terry
aggression

hahah so true on that jewsch the guy that ran the indoor did not want to do it right so yeah he went out..sc has been there for ever its not a bad place to ball , its more set up for rec ballers not ppl that want to ball in the psp or xball but still its a fun place to go and just shoot around and have some fun..
brian terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:36 PM #26
Jewsch

SC has been open for a long time, I've played there only a few times, but I appreciate how they are a good place for new players and they are a family of people who respect the game of paintball. They may not have the best facilities I've seen, but they run it the way they want to, and it appears they are getting by.

D00D! YOU wiped?
Jewsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:59 AM #27
pb2909

pb2909 is BST Trusted
i played there twice. once with an impulse n they told me that i could not play because my gun was intimidating idk if it was just to make me rent their guns or what, the second time was for an airball tourney and we placed 2nd and then we wanted to play after on another course n were told we couldnt because we placed in the tourney. need less to say i wont be back.
pb2909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 PM #28
sleasys14

Anyone that plays at scary creek hit me with an email. It's nice to know peoples names. Also I'm getting a group of friends to go to Normandy www.skirmish.com. I've got a friend that lives out 119 with property we've been working on. It's got a pond if u wanna go navy seals! Sleasysiphone@yahoo.com
sleasys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:55 PM #29
JonnySniper304

JonnySniper304 supports Team VICIOUS
JonnySniper304 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleasys14 View Post
Anyone that plays at scary creek hit me with an email. It's nice to know peoples names. Also I'm getting a group of friends to go to Normandy www.skirmish.com. I've got a friend that lives out 119 with property we've been working on. It's got a pond if u wanna go navy seals! Sleasysiphone@yahoo.com
haahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahah

RIP Mike Houck
10/15/1977-9/25/2011
JonnySniper304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:18 AM #30
Unleash
Shooting fools all day

Unleash owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unleash has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This Place Sucks

Last edited by Unleash : 06-25-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Unleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:49 PM #31
UKNOWHOO
Team Red

I'm sorry, was this a discussion?
UKNOWHOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 AM #32
Negligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySniper304 View Post
just because you don't like the field and it "isnt" for speedball players or players with any skill doesn't mean you have to bash the place or the owner..i grew up playing there and personally know the owners and they are very respectable and will usually go out of their way to help you. yea its not the greatest place in the world but come one its been open for over 10 years. name a field in west Virginia that can beat that? so think about how you would feel if you were the owner of scary creek paintball and saw your post; how would you feel? so take your comments and shove it up your a$$
Against my better judgement I went back out there Saturday 11/24/2012 to play with my father for his birthday. You are not allowed to carry in a bag of any sort. They make you hand carry in any gear/guns/tools piece by piece and informed us to get everything our first trip because if we went out to our truck for any reason we would not be allowed back on the field for the day. After getting all of our stuff in we payed the overpriced paint prices and decided to go with their next to top level paint as suggested by the lady at the front counter. We looked through about 8 bags of paint trying to find some that weren't riddled with dents and flat spots. Eventually we moved down to a cheaper paint that actually seemed to be a lot more fresh. I guess they don't sell much of the more expensive paint thus causing it to sit for long periods of time.

After about 3 games on the main field a varsity and jr varsity basketball team showed up. This was a nice sight since there were only about 15 of us playing and it was nice to have some more competition. After the basketball team was shuffled through and ready to play instead of mixing us in with the basketball team or at the very least trading off turns on the field. They forced all of the people not there with the basketball team to the other side of the field with their half deflated air bunkers to continue to play un-reffed games on our own. After two games on the pathetic excuse for a speedball field all of us talked together and decided to go ask Jack if we could mix in or at least play on the main field in between games that the basketball team were playing.

Jack refused to let anyone other than the basketball team play on that side of the field and was very foul and nasty to anyone of the "other" people who had paid to play that day. About 10 of the original 15 left at this point as our only option was to go back to the airball side. When we complained at the front counter as we were leaving we were told "Sorry we couldn't help you guys today, please come back tomorrow or next week".

I still remain confident that if someone could get a good location they could put Scary Creek out of business. They have really high prices, no gun techs, no referees, and have not cleaned their bunkers or their houses/buses since they have opened. The house that is used in many of their "scenario" games still has a good solid 1/4 inch of paint built up that makes it very slick if you are wearing cleats.
Negligence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 PM #33
kstmzdOG
#paintballersfingerfaster

kstmzdOG is playing at Living Legends VII
kstmzdOG owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
kstmzdOG has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kstmzdOG supports Empire
I'd like to chime in on this. I've known Jack and Denise for a very long time. I've worked for em as a ref, and been there countless times as a player. I absolutely love them both. Denise is an amazing woman who is always willing to help when she can. Jack, who I understand can be grumpy, is a very knowledgable man, and is also willing to help when he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negligence View Post
Against my better judgement I went back out there Saturday 11/24/2012 to play with my father for his birthday. You are not allowed to carry in a bag of any sort. They make you hand carry in any gear/guns/tools piece by piece and informed us to get everything our first trip because if we went out to our truck for any reason we would not be allowed back on the field for the day. After getting all of our stuff in we payed the overpriced paint prices and decided to go with their next to top level paint as suggested by the lady at the front counter. We looked through about 8 bags of paint trying to find some that weren't riddled with dents and flat spots. Eventually we moved down to a cheaper paint that actually seemed to be a lot more fresh. I guess they don't sell much of the more expensive paint thus causing it to sit for long periods of time.

After about 3 games on the main field a varsity and jr varsity basketball team showed up. This was a nice sight since there were only about 15 of us playing and it was nice to have some more competition. After the basketball team was shuffled through and ready to play instead of mixing us in with the basketball team or at the very least trading off turns on the field. They forced all of the people not there with the basketball team to the other side of the field with their half deflated air bunkers to continue to play un-reffed games on our own. After two games on the pathetic excuse for a speedball field all of us talked together and decided to go ask Jack if we could mix in or at least play on the main field in between games that the basketball team were playing.

Jack refused to let anyone other than the basketball team play on that side of the field and was very foul and nasty to anyone of the "other" people who had paid to play that day. About 10 of the original 15 left at this point as our only option was to go back to the airball side. When we complained at the front counter as we were leaving we were told "Sorry we couldn't help you guys today, please come back tomorrow or next week".

I still remain confident that if someone could get a good location they could put Scary Creek out of business. They have really high prices, no gun techs, no referees, and have not cleaned their bunkers or their houses/buses since they have opened. The house that is used in many of their "scenario" games still has a good solid 1/4 inch of paint built up that makes it very slick if you are wearing cleats.
I'd like to chime in on this. If he didn't let you guys intermingle with the basketball team, then someone from their group, probably didn't want to mingle with you guys. He will, and has in the past asked to see if people wanna play all together. As far as the refs, she typically has them helping her inside. I do agree that can be a pain. When I worked there, we were always on the field. I've reffed games there and had more paint on me than some of the players. I do agree that it could be a little more clean.

I myself love the place as it is the only place around here, and it does take alot of start up costs to start a field, I doubt we'd see anything around here open up anytime soon!
-Empire On/Off Relay
-Empire Redline
-Boss Infamous Bolt
-Hybrid Feedneck
And Many more other guns.
kstmzdOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 PM #34
Negligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstmzdOG View Post
I'd like to chime in on this. If he didn't let you guys intermingle with the basketball team, then someone from their group, probably didn't want to mingle with you guys.
That's the thing, we spoke with the basketball team while they were setting up teams and they even asked Jack if we could play and he said no. If they were wanting to keep it their group I could understand that even though it sucked for the small group of others that were there to play however that wasn't the case.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 PM #35
kstmzdOG

kstmzdOG supports Empire
Idk man, I've never been asked to go to the other field, and I planned on bringing up the air bunker issue with Denise, and seeing about getting things cleaned up come spring time. I won't argue with the fact of it can be a little unorganized at times.
-Empire On/Off Relay
-Empire Redline
-Boss Infamous Bolt
-Hybrid Feedneck
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM #36
Negligence

Quote:
Idk man, I've never been asked to go to the other field, and I planned on bringing up the air bunker issue with Denise, and seeing about getting things cleaned up come spring time. I won't argue with the fact of it can be a little unorganized at times.
We talked to them when we were there. The guy they had reffing (and I use that term loosely as he just sat in the building with an intercom telling us when to start/stop the game) the "speedball" side was named Dustin. He said they didn't have the money to purchase new bunkers. I understand they cost a lot of money (I've priced them) but you can't tell me they aren't making money at that place.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 AM #37
kstmzdOG

kstmzdOG supports Empire
I really think you are being a little too critical. You wanna play paintball, yet you wanna ***** about the place. There is nothing wrong with the bunkers, they don't need new ones. During the summer, the air expands and they have to let some air out. winter, of course they shrink a little. I was there yesterday, and mentioned to him your complaint about the basketball team. Evidently, when they made reservations, they wanted to be alone. Regardless of what they say about it, Jack does what he's asked from the get go.

I don't consider myself a novice by any means. As far as this coming year is concerned, Jack has hired a full time assistant manager to start within the next month or so. they plan on bringing tournaments and scenarios back, and cleaning, rebuilding, and organizing everything. Something you must understand about Scary Creek, is alot of new, or first time, or very novice players everytime. If you come in there, no fear acting like a professional player or someone who is straight up not scared to get hit multiple times and a new player sees that, you could scare them away from the sport altogether. Think about this the next time you play, be it Scary Creek, or somewhere else.
-Empire On/Off Relay
-Empire Redline
-Boss Infamous Bolt
-Hybrid Feedneck
Old 01-14-2013, 11:21 AM #38
Negligence

Quote:
I really think you are being a little too critical. You wanna play paintball, yet you wanna ***** about the place. There is nothing wrong with the bunkers, they don't need new ones. During the summer, the air expands and they have to let some air out. winter, of course they shrink a little. I was there yesterday, and mentioned to him your complaint about the basketball team. Evidently, when they made reservations, they wanted to be alone. Regardless of what they say about it, Jack does what he's asked from the get go.

I don't consider myself a novice by any means. As far as this coming year is concerned, Jack has hired a full time assistant manager to start within the next month or so. they plan on bringing tournaments and scenarios back, and cleaning, rebuilding, and organizing everything. Something you must understand about Scary Creek, is alot of new, or first time, or very novice players everytime. If you come in there, no fear acting like a professional player or someone who is straight up not scared to get hit multiple times and a new player sees that, you could scare them away from the sport altogether. Think about this the next time you play, be it Scary Creek, or somewhere else.
Their air bunkers are ****. You can't have a functional speedball field made up of 30 tombstones and mini cans. We will agree to disagree on the basketball team thing as I talked to the coach and he made no such request. He just informed them that he would be bringing a group of kids out there and that was it. If someone is going to bring a group that wants to play by themselves and the field knows it's going to be a private party then Denise should not tell the other people who are calling about how many people are there to play that day that they will have plenty of people to play against cause a group is coming if she already knows the random people that show up can't play with said group. Yes I want to play paintball and it sucks that that is the only place around here to play. That doesn't mean I can't state my opinion about the field. Yes I have an aggressive play style but I always play by the rules and I don't feel like I should be punished because I'm not there in full camo and an M-16 look-a-like with a 30 in. sniper barrel.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM #39
kstmzdOG

kstmzdOG supports Empire
Idk man. I play with an Ion, and am no where near dressed in full camo. I can't give you any more answers as to why the things that happened that day happened. I have never had an issue or encountered anyone else other than you thats has had major problems with Scary Creek. I've heard complaints about Jack's attitude, but honestly he's the nicest guy in the world if you just talk to him. 21 years in business and always making money has to count for something. Maybe we'll just agree to disagree on the subject of Scary Creek.
-Empire On/Off Relay
-Empire Redline
-Boss Infamous Bolt
-Hybrid Feedneck
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 PM #40
turbo_tc
WV R34P3R 304

turbo_tc is playing at Living Legends VII
turbo_tc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc supports Empire
I've played there multiple times in the past 6-8 years and never had an issue at all with the staff. I use a Spyder VS3 and wear absolutely NO camo when I go and I do wear cleats and have no issue moving inside the house after walking through a few times to get my bearings. Of course I'm not a speedball player so that field means nothing to me honestly. Plain and simple if you don't like it, don't play there. I don't play speedball cause a)I'm not very good at it and b)I don't really care too much for it. I like to watch it but not play it.
Magfed Set-up
TiPX
Blood Clots, Sweat Dries, Bones Heal... Suck it up Princess
turbo_tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:45 AM #41
WinfieldPB
We Are...... Marshall!

WinfieldPB owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
WinfieldPB owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
WinfieldPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WinfieldPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have played there ever since I started playing paintball. But that is only because there are no other fields in my area...
Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 AM #42
jollychainsaw

I hear they are having a scenario game next month...wonder if it's worth going to?
jollychainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups