Pdubs
I am Philosoraptor

Pdubs is playing at Living Legends VI
Pdubs owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pdubs is for the Gunfight
Pdubs has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Cocker 12g question

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of making a stock class autococker. I was wondering if it would be more consistent/more efficient/better to run the 12gram changer straight through the VASA or run it through a reg.
Pdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2013, 10:42 PM #2
pntball_dude1990
is full of gin and regret

pntball_dude1990 donated to help Peyton Trent
pntball_dude1990 helped look for balloons
pntball_dude1990 is playing at Living Legends III
pntball_dude1990 supports Team VICIOUS
if you run a 12 gram unregulated into a cocker, you'll need a lower-flow valve than what usually comes stock. palmers makes an affordable option with the proper valve spring-age you'd need for the switch. stock class is the most raw, stripped down version of the sport and if i was doing the build (which i have been thinking of doing honestly), id do it straight into the vasa. as far as the better option, i have no idea, its just how i would fly.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
pntball_dude1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:12 PM #3
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You could get a new valve/re-spring and run un-regged 12g, but it doesnt work very well. Cockers set up like that usually get less than or equal efficency to a standard nelson. However, if you run it through a reg first, your gun will become much more consistent and efficent, getting up to 40+ shots by simply sweet spoting.

If you do choose to go regg'd, verry few regulators are designed to take that high of an input pressure, so be careful
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 AM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

If you're looking to make a sniper efficient enough to get good shot counts from 12-grams, best of luck to you. It takes a lot of fiddling around with spring weights, which can get expensive when you have to use a new cartridge each time you make an internal change to rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer0303 View Post
If you do choose to go regg'd, verry few regulators are designed to take that high of an input pressure, so be careful
Shouldn't be that high at all. Barring a liquid spike, a 12-gram CO2 cartridge should output the same 800-850psi that standard high-output HPA regs do.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 AM #5
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar

pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Reg'd snipers actually do fairly well, with a quick search on youtube, you will find that they will get between 30 and 40 shots, with little to no modification.
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote