Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-09-2013, 04:14 AM #1
TeamBigShot (Banned)

DIY/ one F/S Angel 4.8v Battery pack and charger for A4, A4 Fly, G7, G7 Fly 05 and 06

a few rules will be added to this thread:

1. You pay, I ship. its that simple.
2. Once the item leaves my hand, its between you and the PO to discuss any issues
3. All items are in the condition i state them in unless stated otherwise.
4. If you want me to overnight an item or add insurance, you pay for it.
5. ALL PAYMENTS ARE THROUGH PAYPAL... cash local is acceptable.
7. POST HERE THEN PM ME.... POST HERE THEN PM ME...... POST HERE THEN PM ME. Now, lets begin.
-BATTERY-
4.8v stock Angel battery, Holds 100% charge, Never an issue when turning on my gun, you need a new battery, bottom line, this one will solve your problem. $30

-CHARGER-
So this obviously is not the stock charger, but it is the charger I put together with a MT's suggestions/recommendations. Ive been using this charger for at least 4 months now, and it charges the battery in less than 30 min. and i've NEVER had it fail on me, always play all day, and come home to the battery still juiced. Here's the specs on the charger.
-A simple to use, switchable, depending on how quickly you'd like the charge,Ive never gone over 1A and it charges quick! so switchable mains or 11~15V DC input, Peak detect charger for Ni-Cd and Ni-MH packs from 4 to 8 cell.(your in the clear.)
The supplied adapter lead also allows quick charging of transmitter and reciever packs when you forget to do it overnight or need a quick top up!(wont be using this) The three carefully chosen charging rates from 0.5A to 2.5A cater for a wide range of battery capacities. (you can use any of the three, this charger was chosen because its safe at all three rates.)
Now I added the following adapters onto the charger to make it compatible with the Angels charging port, with a connector on the charger that is a 3.5mm outside diameter, size H coaxial DC power plug. (Radio shack) The outside sleeve is positive, the inside sleeve is ground, this is important, remember guys, our guns came with car chargers which are grounded, hence why it must be opposite with a wall charger! so all you do is get the Size H coaxial cable ADAPTER like you see in the picture so you can flip its polarity. I used a smart charger, even know the Angel's circuit board has a cut-off circuit for charging, still, I thought it was def. a good idea, better safe than sorry, to use a "smart" charger with its own cut-off circuitry rated for at least 4.8 volts. so that it will not over-charge and damage your precious $60 battery! Now for the fun. Check it.
Charger-

Coaxial DC power plug added-

Switchable head for our opposite polarity application (remember?)-

Battery Working the board-

And last but not least, the charger charging your battery at a safe 0.5A ladies and gentlemen.

Charger set up cost me almost $60+ labor, Selling for $40 firm.
(THIS WAS ORIGINALLY A F/S THREAD BUT I FIGURED I PUT THE DIRECTIONS UP, WHY NOT LEAVE IT) If you want me to build one for you, much cleaner work than whats depicted in these photo's dont worry, feel free to PM me.)
Ive used this charger in my car with its power source and had a dead battery, to full by the time I got to the field... and thats 30 min away. its legit..

Last edited by TeamBigShot : 04-18-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 PM #2
TeamBigShot (Banned)

Im up for trade offers as well! feel free, shoot it at me!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 AM #3
Chrispy89

Im totally interested for my A4 im currently working on.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 PM #4
TeamBigShot (Banned)

PM me with the collection of your interests lol
Old 03-10-2013, 06:54 PM #5
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
still have the battery?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 PM #6
TeamBigShot (Banned)

yes sir
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 AM #7
autorigger

Is that an A4 board? Interested in selling it?