Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-11-2013, 12:12 PM #1
atlanta88
stock class

Hey I want to run a tank setup from my phantom u usually go stock class but I want to mount a bottom Asa and tank. my question is how long of a macro line or steel braid do I need to run from the bottom Asa to the vertical Asa thanks
Our Phather, who art in Oregon,hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains. And forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.

Last edited by atlanta88 : 01-11-2013 at 12:17 PM.
atlanta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 PM #2
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
You have to just kinda go by trial and error, it depends on want Asa you are using among other things.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 PM #3
atlanta88
stock class

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi ca40k View Post
You have to just kinda go by trial and error, it depends on want Asa you are using among other things.
Stock cci bottom asa
Our Phather, who art in Oregon,hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains. And forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 PM #4
oldschool45

5" give or take. Macro line might be easier but I hate that ****

4" if you use a quick disconnect in there somewhere
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM #5
atlanta88
stock class

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool45 View Post
5" give or take. Macro line might be easier but I hate that ****

4" if you use a quick disconnect in there somewhere
Thanks I was thinking of having a 90 degree turn out of the Asa with a male quick disconnect then another male quick disconnect in a 1/8 reducer in the vertical Asa then the steel braid with 2 female quick disconnects what do you think?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:26 PM #6
oldschool45

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta88 View Post
Thanks I was thinking of having a 90 degree turn out of the Asa with a male quick disconnect then another male quick disconnect in a 1/8 reducer in the vertical Asa then the steel braid with 2 female quick disconnects what do you think?
the 90' out of the ASA is a given. Running 1 quick disconnect is probably better. I think that area would get a bit crowded with 2. I think your end up with a 2" price of braided and 2" worth of quick connects or a loop of steel braid. Overly complicated and not very clean.

Part of the reason why I have 2 Phantoms is I like the vertical asa configuration. But I also have 1 configured with a Palmer's STAB reg going to a bottomline ASA.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 PM #7
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

One thing to keep in mind is that a CCI .45 block adds a 5* upwards angle to any ASA mounted to it, so you'll either want to use an ASP adapter block or find an ASA that is angled at least 5* downwards to cancel out the angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool45 View Post
the 90' out of the ASA is a given. Running 1 quick disconnect is probably better. I think that area would get a bit crowded with 2. I think your end up with a 2" price of braided and 2" worth of quick connects or a loop of steel braid. Overly complicated and not very clean.
Yep, just put the quick disconnect on the ASA side of the hose and thread the other end of the hose directly into the reducer.
That way you can just disconnect and remove the hose when you want to go vertical again.

Here's my gun using one set of quick-disconnects and 5" worth of hose.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote