Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-08-2013, 11:30 AM #43
TruthSayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
I

#1. Xcape has been catering exclusively to the tournament crowd for the better part of a decade now. The atmosphere is pretty chill and there are always people to play. Cabin Creek only has an airball field because we bought one to play on; tournament play isn't the focus of the business so it doesn't get promoted as much.

#2. Xcape sells paint much cheaper. There are also no entry or air fees. I think this is the biggest factor as we are all cheap bastards.

#3. We grind. There is a reason that teams like Asylum and Trade My Gun ask us to come scrimmage them; they know they will get a workout. Frankly I feel like many of the teams around here don't want to practice that way so they go somewhere where they know they won't get marched off the field point after point. Xcape is more relaxed and lets those players spend a bit more time playing and less time getting shot. (Note: this is not a jab at anyone's playing ability, I'm just trying to differentiate between the 'tone' of the two fields: for example, you will never see jakesak and crew drinking beers and having Sunday Funday at Cabin Creek)
#1 I agree with you about the chill atmosphere part (kind of my point)
#2 Actually it is more expensive to play an hour or more further away with gas prices the way they are.
#3 You really are saying your just too good for the rest of us to want to play you. Ouch!
And what's wrong with Sunday funday?
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM #44
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
#1. That's just a difference in the people who attend each respective fields. When Fuse practices we are there to practice, not just have fun. Nothing wrong with paintball purely for the sake of fun, it's just not what we are trying to do.

#2. Have you ever drove to Cabin Creek? It's still almost an hour drive from just about anywhere inside the 275 loop because there is no good way to get there. For example; google maps puts the driving time from my house (Blue Ash) to Cabin Creek at 48 min. The driving time to Xcape is 65 min.... that difference is basically a wash when you consider that the trip to Cabin Creek is almost all city miles and the trip to Xcape is all highway.

#3. Just calling 'em like I see 'em. You're welcome to come out and prove me wrong... and ain't nothing wrong with Sunday Funday if that is what you are looking for. It's just not what Fuse is trying to accomplish. We want to grind and get better, otherwise we are just wasting time, money and paint.

Last edited by ladd_17 : 01-08-2013 at 12:10 PM.
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 PM #45
Tntrm69
Blind bA Aggression

Boom.cut.next
Cabin Creek Paintball
Sandana USA

R.I.P. Michael Marine
Tntrm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 PM #46
ppzzus
Loser Kids Inc.

has been a member for 10 years
ppzzus has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ppzzus has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think that the fuse/BA organisation has gotten a bad rep for years now.

Back when i started getting into playing events(10+ years ago) some local people told me that Blind aggression(fuse) was a bad team, and filled with players with bad attitudes.

For the next ten years i avoided them based on this advice.

At the start of 2012 I talked with one of my friends who had started playing with fuse, and he had nothing but kind words to say about the team.

I came and started playing with the team at practices, i knew from the first practice that avoiding this team for so long was one of the worst decisions i've made.

Just keep this in mind when you hear people talking about other teams and players, it could be a very costly decision.
ppzzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM #47
ppzzus
Loser Kids Inc.

has been a member for 10 years
ppzzus has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ppzzus has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It's also upsetting to see people bad mouthing our program.

We essentially have an open door system, if you want to come and learn then show up and do exactly that. I've never seen anyone get turned away at one of our practices, ever.
ppzzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM #48
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
So would it be good to play with them i found out about the fuse system when i posted a form saying looking for team in dayton or huber heights ohio and one said i should try the fuse system grant it they did not give me what i asked for but what is the fuse system all about i dont want to go to any lonks or anything i would just like somebody to explain what it is all about thanks.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:00 PM #49
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 is Boss
It's just a bunch of dudes who are closer than brothers and love playing paintball. Fuse is the core and flagship team, competing in D3X in both the PSP and MXSL this year. We typically also run several feeder teams to develop players and get them ready for the national scene... if you want to play, we will find a spot for you on one of these feeders based on your skill level. Everyone is welcome with a single caveat - this is what I'm talking about when I say "just leave your attitude in the car". We have no need or desire for people who will only be a cancer to the system and cause drama. We want people who are down to ride and want to be part of a team, not a bunch of dudes who are only looking out for their own interests.

We also run a non-profit called Athletes Joined Against Spondylitis to help raise awareness of a crippling disease known as ankylosing spondylitis. If you're interested in learning more about that you'll have to click on the "Team Fuse" link in my sig, it redirects to the Joined Against website.

Last edited by ladd_17 : 01-08-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM #50
TruthSayer

Ladd_17, last week in a thread someone started about how he thought Ohio paintball is a joke because there are no out door fields in the winter, you posted that one of the problems in your opinion with Ohio paintball is that too many people think their team is better than everyone else's. Yesterday you seemed to say that teams don't play at your field because your team is too good and all the other teams can't handle it. I gave you a chance to recant or clarify that but you instead confirmed that's what you meant. Think about it.
Boom, cut, wut?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM #51
DuckWalk

DuckWalk has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To vouch for ladd. I just moved here first place i played in ohio while living here was Cabin Creek. I knew 1 of their guys and only vaguely. Went out and had a good time. The only real downfall of the field i saw was that i had to walk a ways to get air every couple of matches. I had no problems jumping in on games with them and everyone who was playing their was layed back. Some random kid even let me borrow his tank for the day.

I havnt heard much about people playing their in a while though so ive been making my way to Louisville and hitting up Asylum and Thirdeye so i can get some good competition. Asylum def has some great competition with PG and the Asylum Factory usually out there. Thirdeye is indoor right now and it will def help you become a smarter player with the close quarters you are put into.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 AM #52
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

So i take it the fuse system is far more pro than anything? And also i levi i relised that if you post looking for team you will get tons of hits by a whole bunch of 11 year olds who play with the standard tippman 98 and standard hopper and a 9 oz air tank lol
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 AM #53
ROOSTER56
Garrett Strawser

ROOSTER56 plays in the PSP
ROOSTER56 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by levibooher View Post
Hi my name is Levi Booher, and I have been playing paintball for about 2 years. I normally play at i70 , but I could go to cabin creek sometimes. I have some pass things for splatter park. And I'm 14, with a DP g3 with a dye rotor and a ninja tank. I will go to a tryout if needed.
And this poor kid was just looking for a team to play with.......
XCAPE PAINTBALL
XCAPE PAINTBALL
ROOSTER56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM #54
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSayer View Post
Ladd_17, last week in a thread someone started about how he thought Ohio paintball is a joke because there are no out door fields in the winter, you posted that one of the problems in your opinion with Ohio paintball is that too many people think their team is better than everyone else's. Yesterday you seemed to say that teams don't play at your field because your team is too good and all the other teams can't handle it. I gave you a chance to recant or clarify that but you instead confirmed that's what you meant. Think about it.
Boom, cut, wut?
Don't twist my words, I chose them very carefully (both here and in the other thread) for a reason. I'm not claiming we are better than anyone, I'm noting the differences I have observed in the attitudes of various Ohio teams.

To explain a bit, it's never Fuse that goes to a practice, get's beat on a little bit and then starts acting like children. However, I can name at least three times in recent memory where that exact scenario has happened to us: we would set up a practice, start playing and after we had won 4-5 points in a row the other teams just quit leaving the field because their ego's couldn't handle losing like that. They were more concerned with the short-term high of winning a few points at practice than with understanding why they were getting shot and using that to learn and improve. As a result, we would just stop stepping on the field because it's stupid to waste money shooting at people that won't die. After that, the relationship between those two teams is strained to the point that any future attempts at practices just become *****-fests.

I'm not claiming this happens every time, but it has happened enough that it's hard to call it a coincidence anymore. This is what I'm talking about when I say 'Everyone is welcome, just leave the attitude in the car'. We have no need or desire to play with people who can't act like adults - we want to play paintball, not have dick measuring contests.

On the flip side, we know we've got a long way to go still. We actively look for teams to put the smash on us; it makes us better when we get our ***** handed to us and have to go back and figure out what happened. Asylum does it to us all the time, CPB and several teams out of Xcape have also filled that role.

We want that to happen more often, so let me bring this discussion full-circle. Someone claimed you have to know people to play at Cabin Creek. I have refuted this along with several others because it is simply not true. Once the weather breaks we will be back out there just about every weekend grinding and trying to prepare for whatever event is next. If you want to come out and play just keep an eye out in the Cabin Creek thread (link in sig) for when we will have the field set-up. You can also pm me and just ask (that goes for anyone reading this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
So i take it the fuse system is far more pro than anything? And also i levi i relised that if you post looking for team you will get tons of hits by a whole bunch of 11 year olds who play with the standard tippman 98 and standard hopper and a 9 oz air tank lol
Pro? Not at all, we play D3X along with several other teams in the state. We also run several lower division teams that compete at the local/regional level while they develop their skills and progress toward competing towards the national scene. If you want to learn and improve then I highly recommend coming out sometime. We've been playing at Asylum because it's the nearest indoor, but once it's nice enough we'll break out the field at Cabin Creek.

Last edited by ladd_17 : 01-09-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 AM #55
ferayornij
Dub T

Excellent discussion and thank you Ladd for taking the time to fully explain everything.

I've been part of the bA/Fuse organization for quite some time now and it truly is the best group to play for, reasons too numerous to explain.

If I were to take the 10,000 ft. view of what this team and system is like I would say it's a group that you get what you give out of.

If you would like to come play to just to play once a month you can do that. We have people that currently do that. If you want to come every weekend and get better to earn a way up the chain you can do that. We have people who are currently doing that and people who have done that (myself included).

In a nutshell, it's a core group who will lay it on the line for one another who is always looking to give their knowledge of the greatest sport ever created and a group who is always looking to expand their group for the betterment of the sport.

The only rule I know of is don't consistantly be an A-hole. We understand that everyone has their moments and they are forgiven. If you're an A-hole day in and day out you won't fit. Other than that fat, tall, skinny, short, quite, loud, pump player, tippman player, automag player, agg player, up, mid or back palyer, you are welcome to join our effort in becoming better players and raising awareness of a diesease through AJAS.
ferayornij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:56 PM #56
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

Levi we will have to go out an play sometime since when we look for teams all we get is nothing but playing with the fuse system witch we cant join only play with.But i will for sure probaly be starting a team starting 2013 season full details will be posted in a few weeks probaly still deciding if i can find a few dedicated players and i see were some are coming with it doesent matter with what marker you play with but im building a team or looking for one that uses actual speedball ment markers.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM #57
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 is Boss
Who said you couldn't join?

You won't be able to jump straight into the D3X team, but you can definitely get into the system. It's pretty much open enrollment as long as you aren't a d-bag.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM #58
levibooher

levibooher owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levibooher supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
So would it be good to play with them i found out about the fuse system when i posted a form saying looking for team in dayton or huber heights ohio and one said i should try the fuse system grant it they did not give me what i asked for but what is the fuse system all about i dont want to go to any lonks or anything i would just like somebody to explain what it is all about thanks.
Well then whenever I get the pants and jersey I got.. I'll see if my friend wants to come and we will go somewhere
levibooher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:46 PM #59
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

Alright and ladd 17 im not what i would have to do to get that name on me?
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 PM #60
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

And levi i have a friend who could play woth us he is new but he uses a tippman 98 but hes got some skill for his experince,he has a little hard time following instructions but he could be a extra person to enjoy the game with more.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ReplyRegional Ups