PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 AM #1
chives3300

Help with spitfire 2.0 board/banjo leak

Hey guys,

Bought the board from DW a little over a year ago. Unfortunately have yet to try it due to leaks. It seems the leaks are being caused by the rear banjo, but I can't be 100% sure because I am using a body with a removable rear cap, so the marker has to be fully assembled to test (PITA).

Board that I am talking about - http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...solenoids.html

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ion-board.html

When the stock board is installed, with stock banjos, no leaks at all.

My problem - I have drilled out about as much of the trigger frame as I can before I poke through, so if it is still pushing on the hose, im screwed because there is nothing more I can do, right? I honestly feel the trigger frame might snap in two if I play with it, with the metal being so thin already.

I have tried different length hose, same result.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!
chives3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM #2
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
kekeke, the second link is mine.

How is the solenoid orientated? Is it as shown in my thread, or as shown in DW's thread? When i first installed mine, it also leaked. But the leak was out of one of the unused 'noid ports. I don't know how, but my solution was to try the 'noid flipped the other way. Leak disappeared, gun cycled as normal.

I, however, could not get the rear banjo to fit in the stock frame with a BOB body (although the only body i tried was the XE). I, too, almost milled a hole in the frame for it, even got the whole thing assembled, but a new leak popped up. The hoses just get crushed back there, causing the leak.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM #3
chives3300

Just got home... took the shockteck body off of it.. threw the old body back on. It fits better... BUT**

As I was attaching the lucky banjo (rear banjo) to the donut, I noticed that the silver fitting that takes the hose from the reg was actually loose. I didn't realize that it could be unscrewed completely, but it can. I retightened both the silver fitting and the gold barb.

I need to do some cleanup work on the board before I reassemble it to fix the crushed connectors :X

Will post an update once done. Thanks for your initial review! That's the main reason I bought the board!

Last edited by chives3300 : 01-08-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-08-2013, 09:18 PM #4
chives3300

Banjo leak fixed, now the solenoid is leaking out of the small lower hole... gahhhhhh.

I reversed the solenoid, same thing.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:13 PM #5
nerdcore
Radical!

Hm.

Try a fresh battery, tune the reg down, see if that does anything. Could be the battery is too low to power the 'noid properly, or the pressure is too high, or both.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 PM #6
chives3300

First thing I did was installed a new battery, a brand new energizer. Also zero'd out the reg, as I always do after any sort of tear down.

Re installed stock board/banjo and leak disappeared, so it is definitely an issue with the mac 33 solenoid.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 PM #7
nerdcore
Radical!

Well, poop.

Shoot DW a pm, see if he has ideas. If i get time this weekend, i'll take a look at mine, maybe another solution will present itself.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 PM #8
chives3300

Sent him a pm last night haha. We might attempt to swap it out, but Idk. There has to be a cause for this (although I have never had it running, so it could just be a bad noid)

I appreciate your help though!

If anyone has a tear down diagram of the noid, so I can make sure it is assembled properly, that would help!