PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 PM #610
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
the current government seems to be spending money as fast as they can. more spending = more tax = more poverty= more people who need social aid= more votes for the party giving it out = job securty!

We don't spend that much. We are below the OECD 21 and OECD 30 average. We are with the likes of Mexico and Turkey for Christ's sake!
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 PM #611
Space Pope

Don't respond to people who clearly just make things up.
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 PM #612
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
If the general government is making a requirement for a gun owner to exercise their civil right, then government should not impose the equivalent of a poll tax on gun owners. Government should be giving the training for free.
This would not be the equivalnet of a "poll tax" because it only would apply to the purchase of a firearm, not the exercise of your rights to keep and bear arms.

I don't feel the Fed should pay for the class because 1. we can't afford it without incurring more debt and 2. I don't feel that the minimal cost of the class would be detrimental to people tryin to own a firearm. You can afford a $450-1,200 dollar firearm, $30 dollars in ammo to go shooting for a day, but a 1 time fee of $30 to take a class is a deal breaker? Really?

And yes Stupid is as Stupid does and we'll never make everyone safer but just IF this program could result in a 5% decrease in firearm injuries just because of safety training that would be cost saving of $55,249,320 annually. (How I got this number Wiki listed that in 2009 there were 75,684 firearm injuries in teh US. 5% makes 3784.2, average cost for treating a gun shot wound according to teh NY Times $14,600. If you really need links I can post but it doesn'tmatter that much to me.)
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM #613
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

There is already a tax on purchase of a firearm. Manufacturers pay this. It's 11%. It is adjusted into the cost of the firearm purchased.

Once again, the ONLY ****ING REASON we're discussing gun control is because people want to blame guns for the actions of a mass murderer. Simple-minded, reactionary lemmings.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM #614
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat View Post
This would not be the equivalnet of a "poll tax" because it only would apply to the purchase of a firearm, not the exercise of your rights to keep and bear arms. ...
(not dismissing the latter half of your argument, just not arguing against it)

Of course it would be the equivalent of a poll tax. You need to have X dollars in order to exercise X right.

If the I am required to attend this course, and pay for it, in order to keep and bare firearms BUT not attending the course (which would prevent my ability to own firearms) somehow doesn't infringe on my exercising of the right to keep and bare arms... what arms are we talking about?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM #615
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
lol, that's like levying a tax to get in to a voting booth but saying that you're still tax free from voting
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 PM #616
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
(not dismissing the latter half of your argument, just not arguing against it)

Of course it would be the equivalent of a poll tax. You need to have X dollars in order to exercise X right.

If the I am required to attend this course, and pay for it, in order to keep and bare firearms BUT not attending the course (which would prevent my ability to own firearms) somehow doesn't infringe on my exercising of the right to keep and bare arms... what arms are we talking about?
No its not. You can own as many firearms as you like, you can shoot your guns whenever you want, however if you want to buy a firearm from a licienced firearm dealer you will need to show proof that you have taken a firearm safety class first.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM #617
slateman

Quote:
No its not. You can own as many firearms as you like, you can shoot your guns whenever you want, however if you want to buy a firearm from a licienced firearm dealer you will need to show proof that you have taken a firearm safety class first.
You can vote whenever you want, but if you want to vote, you have to show proof that you have taken a voter education class.

You can practice however many religions you want, but if you want to practice it, you have to show proof that you have taken the religion education class.

Stupid argument is stupid. You cannot require a class for a Constitutional right. No other right requires a class or a license.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM #618
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
You can vote whenever you want, but if you want to vote, you have to show proof that you have taken a voter education class.

You can practice however many religions you want, but if you want to practice it, you have to show proof that you have taken the religion education class.

Stupid argument is stupid. You cannot require a class for a Constitutional right. No other right requires a class or a license.
And voting can be dangerous as well.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:36 PM #619
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
And I feel that your belief that our current system is great, is irresponcable and unsafe. I shoot at least once a month and EVERY TIME I go to the range I see at least 1 unsafe act because people either lack basic firearm training or they willing choose to be unsafe. We have teh means to improve we should do it.
and every time I go out of my house I see some stupid and life threatening action taken by the driver of a car, and we require licensing and even a proficiency test to get behind the wheel of a car. You can't keep stupid people from being stupid.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 PM #620
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
We don't spend that much.
Well that's a relief because for a while I thought we had a $16.4 trillion debt.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM #621
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

I will be continuing to ignore blake. I hope you all do as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 PM #622
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Until he says something that spins my ears.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:30 PM #623
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
Don't respond to people who clearly just make things up.
"The Obama administration spent more money (18 billion) on immigration enforcement in the last fiscal year than all other federal law enforcement agencies combined, according to a report on the government's …USA Today · 1 day ago"

"Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama signed into law Sunday a $9.7 billion Superstorm "

clearly making things up...thats what i could find looking back 3 days...

also Silentassassin GDP doesn't include government debt...

The Ripdisc Collection

Last edited by ripdisc : 01-09-2013 at 03:36 PM.
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM #624
slateman

Congress was the one who voted on that Superstorm

And how did President Obama's administration spend more than law enforcement on immigration enforcement if it didn't go to law enforcement? If you approve 18 billion and then divide it up between several law enforcement agencies, I guess none of them are going to spend more than 18 billion, huh ...
Old 01-09-2013, 03:54 PM #625
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
I will be continuing to ignore blake. I hope you all do as well.
Yes just ignore it and the debt will go away just like magic. Liberal logic works.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM #626
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Congress was the one who voted on that Superstorm

And how did President Obama's administration spend more than law enforcement on immigration enforcement if it didn't go to law enforcement? If you approve 18 billion and then divide it up between several law enforcement agencies, I guess none of them are going to spend more than 18 billion, huh ...
i was mostly commenting that i have seen a lot of spending. someone said i made it up so i pulled up those.

"Federal spending is also higher this year than any year since 1949."
"Federal spending was close to 20 percent under the Carter administration, dropped to 18 percent under Clinton, and is currently at an incredible 24 percent of GDP" both from USnews. so obviously it is getting spent...

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM #627
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
What?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM #628
Murph1329

guns people....this thread is about guns
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 PM #629
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
also Silentassassin GDP doesn't include government debt...
Lol, what? That was a graph of spending as a proportion of GDP. As you can see, we spend much less proportionally compared to most industrialized nations. If you look at our debt, it's the same story. We have much less proportional debt than most industrial countries. The GOP narrative of us as this spending, debt-creating, out-of-control machine is blatantly false. It sounds all big and scary when you put out "16.5 trillion!!!" with no context, but in reality our debt and spending is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
What?
My thoughts exactly
Old 01-09-2013, 04:47 PM #630
slateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
guns people....this thread is about guns
Nothing to talk about. Ban is going to happen. If not this year than the next. Neither presidental candidate will oppose it in 2016