im bad at pbx
Can't we All be friends?

im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx supports Team VICIOUS
im bad at pbx supports Sherwood Forest
im bad at pbx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
im bad at pbx is attending Decay of Nations VI
1. Oh yes, not when I'm playing like serious 5 man but like if I'm playing woods ball and at the start I get a break on my hopper from 200 yards out.. Forget that, rec ball is a wipe orgy

2. In streetball Texas everyone was wiping. We were literally playing with shots on our faces, why? Because its fun.
im bad at pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 PM #969
New Era Havoc_Python

i just played with people that cheat and it was really annoying and gets on everyones nerves everybody went after that person until they left
just sayn
New Era Havoc_Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:58 PM #970
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
its funny how the attitude of cheating in paintball differs from that of other sports. There are penalties given to players if caught, its simple. If the risk pays off there will be a reward. If it does not, it will reward the other team.

People act like its the end of the world when someone wipes. There is always a bit of dirty play in paintball, just like there is in hockey or football. Its part of competing, and it will always be a part of it. Its just life. That's why we have penalties in place.

In the end just know that when you cheat, you are risking getting a penalty...but you will also likely be a target from then on, because its likely the other team will notice. Things to keep in mind when making dirty moves.
BabyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM #971
rsion4191

rsion4191 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
^^ Also wanna add that if you wipe, not only are you a specific target to the other team, but you're someone the ref is gonna watch consistently based on if you wipe.

Have I wiped: Yes.

Motive: I wipe when opposing teams are wiping.
rsion4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM #972
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1. Yes

2. Because I wanted to.

Whether it was rec ball, woods, just screwing around doesn't matter. I did it, period.
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM #973
FatAbe43

FatAbe43 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FatAbe43 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FatAbe43 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1.yes

2.been playing for a couple years and have only wiped a couple maybe three times. the times it happened is when it was an intense gun fight and i didnt want to lose it.

that being said...and this is by no means supposed to be flaming or trying to rile people up....but its just upsetting the number of "they do so i did it" justification on wiping. Its cheating. dont try to justify it. it applies to life too. just because someone else does something wrong doesnt mean its ok for you to as well......just my two cents
FatAbe43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:20 PM #974
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

1. Yes
2. Pickup game with friends where everyone knew each other and it was actually funny. Never in a tourny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFace View Post
its funny how the attitude of cheating in paintball differs from that of other sports. There are penalties given to players if caught, its simple. If the risk pays off there will be a reward. If it does not, it will reward the other team.

People act like its the end of the world when someone wipes. There is always a bit of dirty play in paintball, just like there is in hockey or football. Its part of competing, and it will always be a part of it. Its just life. That's why we have penalties in place.

In the end just know that when you cheat, you are risking getting a penalty...but you will also likely be a target from then on, because its likely the other team will notice. Things to keep in mind when making dirty moves.
This attitude is part of why I left paintball.
This argument is so played out and broken. You are trying to draw a 1:1 parallel between paintball and other sports, and it just doesn't work. Paintball is not football or basketball or ****ing hockey. The way it is set up and played is entirely unrelated. There is no comparison. Throwing an extra important piece on the board during a game of chess when your opponent isn't looking would be a better comparison. Holding in football, or fouling in basketball is different. Those guys know they are going to get caught, they know what the penalty is, and they do it strategically to their advantage in the face of the existing rules. Playing on (in paintball) when you aren't sure if you were hit and don't have time to check yourself or not or turning on somebody during a run through is more in league with this gray area stuff. Wiping a hit is just straight up cheating and teams should be getting ejected from events and publicly shamed for it, not just penalized.

When you wipe a hit you are completely defeating the whole purpose of the game.
You kids want paintball to increase in popularity and actually get better for everyone? Stop following the **** example of all these "professional" players that cheat and "do whatever it takes to win!!1!" and get paintball back to how it's supposed to be. Those guys cheat because they can't handle losing. Mommy and daddy never told them no, etc. Don't be like them. Man up. Real competitors accept defeat with grace and walk away with some honor and dignity. They don't cheat their way out of it.

I started playing paintball 12 or 13 years ago. We had tournaments then too and it was awesome! The attitude of this new generation of players is disheartening.

#hk4lyfe
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 01-05-2013 at 03:25 PM.
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:25 PM #975
FatAbe43

FatAbe43 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FatAbe43 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FatAbe43 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
1. Yes
2. Pickup game with friends where everyone knew each other and it was actually funny. Never in a tourny.

This attitude is part of why I left paintball.
This argument is so played out and broken. You are trying to draw a 1:1 parallel between paintball and other sports, and it just doesn't work. Paintball is not football or basketball or ****ing hockey. The way it is set up and played is entirely unrelated. There is no comparison. Throwing an extra important piece on the board during a game of chess when your opponent isn't looking would be a better comparison. Holding in football, or fouling in basketball is different. Those guys know they are going to get caught, they know what the penalty is, and they do it strategically to their advantage in the face of the existing rules. Playing on (in paintball) when you aren't sure if you were hit and don't have time to check yourself or not or turning on somebody during a run through is more in league with this gray area stuff. Wiping a hit is just straight up cheating and teams should be getting ejected from events and publicly shamed for it, not just penalized.

When you wipe a hit you are completely defeating the whole purpose of the game.
You kids want paintball to increase in popularity and actually get better for everyone? Stop following the **** example of all these "professional" players that cheat and "do whatever it takes to win!!1!" and get paintball back to how it's supposed to be. Those guys cheat because they can't handle losing. Mommy and daddy never told them no, etc. Don't be like them. Man up. Real competitors accept defeat with grace and walk away with some honor and dignity. They don't cheat their way out of it.

I started playing paintball 12 or 13 years ago. We had tournaments then too and it was awesome! The attitude of this new generation of players is disheartening.

#hk4lyfe
^^^^^this...right...here...
FatAbe43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM #976
Elo160

Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes one time in a rec woodsball game where i got hit off the break (they weren't even in range) i just knee slid into a bunker which wiped it off. Id never do it in a tournament or a scenario. That one time i wiped, i legitly thought it was bird **** until i saw the shell.

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:49 AM #977
aies_15
aieson_15

got shot point blank before i even tried to
aies_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 AM #978
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
I wipe when they are big woodsball games and I get hit with a lucky shot from over 9000 feet away at the beginning of the game. Going back and waiting for 20-30 minutes because someone got a lucky shot off isn't any fun.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM #979
ShoopDaWhoop900
Go Noles!

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I have a white jersey so there have been some hits were i am unsure if i actually got hit and it broke or not. But i have never wiped, even if i get hit OTB. If i see someone wipe ill shoot them all the way off the field.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM #980
DTMsurf
S.D. CA

Once, big scenario game Im behind cover with a teammate and as I am telling him there are two ahead to our right I lifted my hand to point to where they were and at the exact same moment he spotted them and started shooting right into the back of my hand from 6 inches. It was just silly and I didnt think it warranted walking all the way back to the re-spawn.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:37 AM #981
jsgnado1996
jsg_nado

jsgnado1996 plays in the APPA D5 division
jsgnado1996 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
1.Yes, only once
2. Got clipped on the barrel in a scrimmage, snapped back in and made it disappear.

To everyone making wiping to be the devil: I'm sorry but wiping has become a part of tournament paintball. Wodsball? No excuse, no reason to wipe. Tournament paintball? Of course! Every sport in existence has some sort of a personal foul or unsporstmanlike conduct rule. Why? Athletes are competitors, they want to win. If you hate wipers, do what I do: overshoot. If they are willing to wipe, I'm going to coat them in the stuff so they can't get away with it.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM #982
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

has been a member for 10 years
paintballpimp092 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have wiped playing rec ball a few times, but so was everybody else. It was the end of the day and we all had paint left over so we just played until we ran out... made for some interesting on-field shenanigans. I did cheat in practice a couple of times too, against a group of guys who are known for cheating. And fighting. And acting like little babies, too.

That said, I've never complained when somebody put a few extra hits on me to make sure I didn't cheat. I watched a guy (friend of mine) wipe two or three hits in a row one game and the next time I came up against him, I got him from the corner on his way into the snake and when he stood up I wasn't looking down the tape, but I had my gun up... I shot him 18 times in the back. Oops.

FOR SALE: Mares Hybrid ProTec Scuba BCD

Last edited by paintballpimp092 : 01-28-2013 at 08:16 PM.
paintballpimp092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:59 PM #983
tatersinyourtummy

yes. it ended up being a 1v1 and the other kid wiped about 5 hopper hits and at least 2 gog shots. i get a shot in the forearm? too bad I'm gonna come bunker you now.
tatersinyourtummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 PM #984
Nrf707

Nrf707 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes because my own team shot me and it was the last game of the day
Nrf707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM #985
mushumatt

If you think wiping is a new thing, with new professional players you have not been playing for long. I have played for 13 years, for multiple national teams and a d1 ncpa team. It happens in every division, since the beginning of time. Do I wipe yes I do, because if they want to admit it or not the other team will do it as well. It is apart of the game, and like every other contact team sport there are things frowned upon that still happens.
mushumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM #986
PureInsanity
dElish.

I wiped a few times when first picked up the sport. ..That was about 9 years ago.

Granted there are many things people may find unfair during games, like boundary violations, there is no reason to want to rape the one rule that makes paintball sporting.

You should try to sneak players out of the deadbox instead of cheating hits off. Same **** except everyone can tell youre doing it. If you can pull that off, you deserve to be a cheater.

Play Pump
PureInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:58 PM #987
TG SLYDER
I Hate Stupid People.....

I don't always wipe paint, but when I do I make sure to pay off the refs beforehand. From the most interesting man in thee world
TG SLYDER is offline   Reply With Quote