Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 PM #1
99BPS

Classic Valve Leak

Hey so I just gassed up my mag for the third time scinse reentering the sport from a several year absence. It gassed up fine, but randomly while shooting there would be a slight leak from the back of the valve. I broke it down and oiled it and had the same problem. It's shooting fine, aside from velocity problems that are actually more to do with the paint (first time I filled the hopper the entire fill rolled out onto the floor).

The barrel is way overbore but I don't have bigger paint or a smaller barrel for it, so I have no way of knowing if the inconsistent velocity is normal with the paint (which is also inconsistent) I didn't find problems in the valve. Can anyone call my attention to certain orings I would want to check?

Please and thanks.
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM #2
warchild69

Sounds like the spring pack or reg seal is shot, order a rebuild kit, that should do it, if not the spring pack may need replaced too. Good luck and welcome back from your "vacation" from the sport.
warchild69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:40 AM #3
DMex
AKA: Ando

It's not your spring pack.

A leak out the velocity hole is a reg piston issue. Could be something as simple as a bad piston oring or having your velocity turned up too high. They are designed to vent.

Bring the velocity down a llittle and it should go away. If it's a constant leak no mater what way you turn the velocity knob then it's def an oring.

As for your roll out issue. You're probably using very small paint or your detents are worn/missing on your barrel.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:32 PM #4
99BPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMex View Post
It's not your spring pack.

A leak out the velocity hole is a reg piston issue. Could be something as simple as a bad piston oring or having your velocity turned up too high. They are designed to vent.

Bring the velocity down a llittle and it should go away. If it's a constant leak no mater what way you turn the velocity knob then it's def an oring.

As for your roll out issue. You're probably using very small paint or your detents are worn/missing on your barrel.
It was very small paint, thats what I said was the issue.

It was venting, I didn't even think of that. I was using Co2 instead of HPA and didn't adjust before hand. Thanks a lot!
I need a smaller barrel.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 PM #5
DMex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post

It was venting, I didn't even think of that. I was using Co2 instead of HPA and didn't adjust before hand. Thanks a lot!
I need a smaller barrel.
Did you already chrono it? If you can't get it up to the desired FPS before it leaks then you very well might have a bad piston.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 PM #6
DMex

Also, you can push those barrel nubbins further in the barrel and stop the roll outs (if they're the plastic type). Get a piece of black tape and run it around the back of the nubbin area where it protrudes through the barrel You need to run it tight around the barrel so it will push them further in.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM #7
99BPS

A smaller barrel would prolly help more, but thats not a bad idea either thanks!

Already chroned, it was shooting WAY hot at first. Shooting 300fps +/- 5 now with no leak, thanks much!
Old 11-17-2013, 04:08 PM #8
orrscores

orrscores owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
orrscores has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
orrscores has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BPS View Post

I need a smaller barrel.
try a couple drops of nail polish at same spot as stock detent. it works,try it for a quick fix and sounds like your hot, turn down velocity if that don't work new springs
orrscores is offline   Reply With Quote