Old 01-08-2013, 06:46 PM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
MN - Vintage Paintball Store Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about Vintage Paintball Store. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the Vintage Paintball Store listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2014, 05:44 PM #2
DanR
deutsch

Annual Supporting Member
DanR plays in the PSP
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR plays in the APPA D4 division
DanR supports DLX Technology
DanR supports Empire
great place! I cant wait to hopefully buy a vanquish here
Old 02-06-2014, 06:58 PM #3
Ryan O'Rourke
H-A-M

Ryan O'Rourke is BST Trusted
Ryan O'Rourke is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryan O'Rourke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ryan O'Rourke posts videos on PbNation
Ryan O'Rourke supports Empire
Just curious, is vintage running their series this year?
Ryan O'Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:20 AM #4
ObjEcts In MotIoN

ObjEcts In MotIoN supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Rourke View Post
Just curious, is vintage running their series this year?
Yes sir
http://www.vintagepaintballseries.com
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...457&highlight=
ObjEcts In MotIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:50 PM #5
XBaller225
I pwn noobs for breakfast

Now I am not here to discuss I am here to review, so pay attention!!

I will start by saying I stopped playing paintball around 07-08 because of college and I have not played or done anything related to paintball sense then, but it has always been in the back of my mind and somthing I would hopefully come back too if the right moment presented itself

One day I was driving and went by this strip mall and noticed a big sign that said "paintball" and a huge vinyl sign on the window that said Vintage paintball. Now I remembered team Vintage from back when I was playing, so I say to myself "you know what I should check this place out just for the hell of it"

THIS SHOP IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! This in my opinion is how EVERY pro shop needs to be run.

Very clean, great selection of new, used, and even custom items for any type of play you can imagine, for every player, and price range(hell even air soft items are avalible).

But that's not why this shop is as good as it is. Its the vibe. The overall feeling of love for paintball is what really got me. I mean weather you have never played a single game in your life or if you have been playing for years and years or if you are like me and you used to play but ended up dropping out. Just because you are interested in the sport they are happy to have you around and actually want to make the sport the best it can be.

I was in the store for almost 3hrs just talking and looking at all the advancements in equipment I have missed over the yrs, and not once was I pressure to purchase anything

Anyway to make this super long story come to end, the next day I went back picked myself up an empire axe, 68/4500 crossfire tank, and a used barrel kit, and I will definitely be returning to get anything else I need. Thats because through my experience at this shop I was reminded why I started playing paintball in the first place.

I just cannot wait to get out and play again after so many years!!!!
~Mid-West mafia #2~Godfather
"Originally posted by PBaLlWiZZ: Wow. Your like the older brother who always ruined Christmas by saying Santa wasnt real. Dick."
Blood Red 06 Ego F/S
XBaller225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:04 PM #6
Ryan O'Rourke
H-A-M

Ryan O'Rourke is BST Trusted
Ryan O'Rourke is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryan O'Rourke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ryan O'Rourke posts videos on PbNation
Ryan O'Rourke supports Empire
Great story. I also have been to the pro shop and love it. Vintage is definitely trying to help out the paintball scene in MN.

"Originally posted by eforce: Headwraps are no more a part of paintball history than the salty jockstraps worn by random rec ballers in the 90's."
Ryan O'Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:31 PM #7
fprandy

I trust anything I buy at Vintage Store. Owned and operated by professionals who care about the game and about the players. One thing you won't find at the Vintage store is junk. Everything they sell is made to last and be reliable day in and day out. They also have an outstanding service department that knows what they are doing.
fprandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 AM #8
PaintYoFace62

In my opinion, best store and field around!

The store: It is always clean, super friendly staff, best of the best in equipment, appealing to the eye when driving by, the location is perfect.

The field: Super friendly and inviting staff, tons of fields ranging from pro level to first timers, inexpensive rental gear, and more.

And what brings these two together is a field/store owner who loves and wants to grow paintball. Aaron will take the time out of his day to talk with you whether you have been playing for 10 years or 1 day.

Sickest DM7 ever! Why so serious? http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...813&highlight=
eBay Profile, +55/-0
http://myworld.ebay.com/stillh20coach62
Best field around MN and WI, owned by XSV's Aaron Tholey
http://vintagepaintballpark.com/
PaintYoFace62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:27 PM #9
Kool Aid Baller
AMG Fan

Kool Aid Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kool Aid Baller supports Team VICIOUS
Kool Aid Baller has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kool Aid Baller supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintYoFace62 View Post
In my opinion, best store and field around!

The store: It is always clean, super friendly staff, best of the best in equipment, appealing to the eye when driving by, the location is perfect.

The field: Super friendly and inviting staff, tons of fields ranging from pro level to first timers, inexpensive rental gear, and more.

And what brings these two together is a field/store owner who loves and wants to grow paintball. Aaron will take the time out of his day to talk with you whether you have been playing for 10 years or 1 day.
Listen, I'm sure Aaron is a great guy and all to the people around him. However, I was there with my fiancÚ at the time and her questions were ignored or not responded on. I had mentioned I am a fan of a particular brand due to my familiarity with the products and people surrounding them, to which I was told they in fact AREN'T very good and how HE knows because HE is deep into the professional scene. Then talking about fields and other events around town HE proceeded to say that he doesn't much care for them because he had already "Grown above the local events" and was too tired of "Beating down the competition here." The way he carried himself put myself and my fiancÚ down because he basically made us feel like we didn't know anything of what we were talking about or looking about getting into. I was overall NOT happy with our visit to the store and I will NOT be returning for business. Should we plan to play any event at Vintage I will be VERY reluctant to play because of the horror stories of planned prize packages being swapped at the last minute as well. I hear a lot of positive talk on the nation but for the most part the word on the street isn't the highest. There's my two cents.

Have a nice day.
Kool Aid Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 PM #10
Impy125

has been a member for 10 years
Wow dude sensitive much? Grow a pair

vintage paintball
Impy125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:05 PM #11
UnitedPuppySlayer

UnitedPuppySlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
UnitedPuppySlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UnitedPuppySlayer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impy125 View Post
Wow dude, he has legitimate reasons for how he feels, ******* much? Grow some understanding...
UnitedPuppySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:28 PM #12
Kool Aid Baller
AMG Fan

Kool Aid Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kool Aid Baller supports Team VICIOUS
Kool Aid Baller has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kool Aid Baller supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated.

However, comments like this greatly prove my point. I don't see how a place that breeds this behavior can even imagine local growth...

Astounding.
Kool Aid Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 AM #13
HashtagNewbie
Downtown Poundtown

HashtagNewbie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HashtagNewbie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HashtagNewbie supports Empire
Quote:
The fact that someone like you represents the park says it all. I've played at Vintage 3 times and each time sucked. Congrats! You foster ****.
HashtagNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:48 PM #14
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashtagNewbie View Post
I've played at Vintage 3 times and each time sucked.
Any details? I haven't been to that facility since SCP ran it, so some knowledge of what I might expect if I decide to go would be useful.

(for the Vintage fanboys, details like this can help you improve your favorite field, so pay attention)

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:17 PM #15
underdog2987
superhero for hire

I've been there now that it's Vintage park twice. Refs we good and friendly with plenty of players. We came to play the speedball field and it was closed. Aaron explained why he has chosen to do that and I get it. We decided to stay anyway and he gave us passes and a deal on paint for the day. He was very approachable and cool to talk to.

As far as the store goes. I spent a couple hours there this past Saturday talking to Travis and getting some new gear. I like the store and he was a cool dude that didn't really hassle me to buy, buy, buy. No complaints from me for either spot.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:17 AM #16
HashtagNewbie
Downtown Poundtown

HashtagNewbie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HashtagNewbie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HashtagNewbie supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Any details? I haven't been to that facility since SCP ran it, so some knowledge of what I might expect if I decide to go would be useful.

(for the Vintage fanboys, details like this can help you improve your favorite field, so pay attention)
Each time I've been there, you play the same 2-3 fields all day. Over half of the fields are closed or they don't use them. The 2-3 that they do use aren't that great. Paint is expensive. Rental equipment is usually a disaster. They gave my brother a broken hopper on his rental (the lid couldn't stay on) and he lost his entire hopper of paint the first game out and they didn't replace the paint. They said, "that sucks, try a new one". Stuff like that.
When there are a bunch of choices around, you should try to set yourself apart from the group...and not in a bad way. Won't be going back for a 4th time.
HashtagNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:52 PM #17
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog2987 View Post
I've been there now that it's Vintage park twice. Refs we good and friendly with plenty of players. We came to play the speedball field and it was closed. Aaron explained why he has chosen to do that and I get it. We decided to stay anyway and he gave us passes and a deal on paint for the day. He was very approachable and cool to talk to.
This actually doesn't fill me with high hopes.

Allow me to explain. One issue a lot of fields (and stores to a certain extent) can have is that the field operators can have a strong preference to one style of play, and if they offer other styles it's because thye feel they have to, but don't actually respect it as much. Aaron is of course a big fan of Speedball, and respects speedballers (heck, the day he didn't have it was something he obviously felt was something worth apologizing and making amends for). But would someone in camo wanting to use their tippmann be given the same free passes and discounts if the big urban fields were closed that day and only the speedball fields were open? If yes, then yep, great field.

If no, well there's a playing style bias. Customers who want "A" are considered better than customers who want "B". If you happen to belong to the prefered style the field seems great. Everything is geared towards you, all the perks come your way, you feel like you are important. If you don't fit into that style you feel like a second class citizen.

Some now defunct fields were horrible about this (FSL would tell people in camo to chrono at 260, people in jerseys to chrono at 300, seriously).

Some of the more successful fields practically admit it though. You go to Splattag you're there to play woodsball, Air Assault to play speedball. Fields that offer a variety seem like a great idea (and if all were considered equal, for a player like me who likes all styles it really would be great), but show up and happen to want the "less preferred" style and you end up having a lousy time.

Of course since I haven't been there yet I can't make any specific claims, but if/when I go you now know what I'll be looking out for.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212

Last edited by Fubarius : 03-15-2014 at 11:56 PM. Reason: just a few typos, probably still missed a couple
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:46 AM #18
underdog2987
superhero for hire

Understandable. I just figured I'd put my experiences up and let the readers decide.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:21 PM #19
Teamignition

I love the store ! It has a skate shop feel ( think Familia skateshop) and has the best selection of top end equipment. I've never heard anything negative out of Aaron or Tony's mouth, so the previous post surprises me. They have always been friendly and kind to everyone that I have seen in the shop.

The field is my favorite field locally as well. It's clean, friendly and very well run. I play speedball, but have to admit that the stadium village is super Rad as well.

Also, if you are into collecting vintage guns, there are very few people in town that know more than Aaron.
Teamignition is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups