Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-07-2013, 12:03 AM #1
codywynn26

autococker pump kit and autotrigger problem.

i put my pump kit and auto trigger on my 04 prostock autococker now when i cock the gun the bolt pin thingy slips forward it only stays cocked if i pump it really slow if anything other then that it doesnt stay back.
codywynn26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 AM #2
CRAPGAME
PUMP REVOLUTION

Annual Supporting Member
First off, what kind of pump kit? As well as auto trigger kit?

If you purchased ccm kits then sounds like ( if I'm reading the post right) that the sear is set too high, you need to draw the sear down into the gun about a half of turn or so.

Use a 1/8 Allen key, degas gun, remove bolt and slide Allen into small hole behind feed neck on top if gun in sight rail, turn clock wise. You'll feel it drop into the set screw , might have to cock gun a little to get to drop in. Remove Allen and cock gun, then shoot , then hold trigger and engage auto trigger, gun should " dry fire" when you bring the back block forward in the cocking cycle , just before it reaches resting against body if gun. If it fires too soon or too late repeat above process with Allen key,

Gun fires way too soon- turn Allen clockwise
Gun fires too late or not at all- turn Allen counter clockwise.

This is setting up the auto trigger
CRAPGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 AM #3
Razo818
Focus on Skill Not BPS

try adjusting the screw that is located through the top of the gun and turn it clock wise.

Its the small hole just behind the feedneck.
you may need to remove your bolt to adjust this screw
Razo818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM #4
codywynn26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAPGAME View Post
First off, what kind of pump kit? As well as auto trigger kit?

If you purchased ccm kits then sounds like ( if I'm reading the post right) that the sear is set too high, you need to draw the sear down into the gun about a half of turn or so.

Use a 1/8 Allen key, degas gun, remove bolt and slide Allen into small hole behind feed neck on top if gun in sight rail, turn clock wise. You'll feel it drop into the set screw , might have to cock gun a little to get to drop in. Remove Allen and cock gun, then shoot , then hold trigger and engage auto trigger, gun should " dry fire" when you bring the back block forward in the cocking cycle , just before it reaches resting against body if gun. If it fires too soon or too late repeat above process with Allen key,

Gun fires way too soon- turn Allen clockwise
Gun fires too late or not at all- turn Allen counter clockwise.

This is setting up the auto trigger
thanks man but its still slipping like it cocks and when i adjust the thing itll make the trigger harder to squeeze sometimes idk wtf is wrong im trying ive seen some videos on youtube but its still not cocking the way it should like with the pump pushing the cocking rod back but yeah its a ccm pump and autotrigger kit it all came together.
codywynn26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM #5
I Missed On Purpose
Team Jolt

You just have to adjust it up and down until you can cock it and fire. Then fine tune it to autotrigger, do about 1/2 turns until you get it. I usually start by turning it all the way to the left, dont crank it too much though because you can mess up the lower tube. Just do it slow and you should get it.

this is a good video to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqMqkER--9M
I Missed On Purpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 AM #6
moises21694

I know what problem your having the same exact thing happened to my 2k5 prostock.
Put a piece of oring (or anything for that matter) under the main sear spring in your trigger frame. The spring on the sear isn't hard enough to hold up the hammer so it forces itself forward. The oring makes the spring harder thus not letting the hammer engage by accident.
If your having any problems feel free to pm me
moises21694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM #7
CRAPGAME
PUMP REVOLUTION

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by codywynn26 View Post

thanks man but its still slipping like it cocks and when i adjust the thing itll make the trigger harder to squeeze sometimes idk wtf is wrong im trying ive seen some videos on youtube but its still not cocking the way it should like with the pump pushing the cocking rod back but yeah its a ccm pump and autotrigger kit it all came together.
If it's a ccm kit( pump handle,rod, trigger frame) check the trigger guide screw under trigger guard, make sure the auto trigger cam is in right spot( flat side towards trigger) also check to see if your cocking rod is set long enough to allow for full pump stroke.

By your description it sounds like auto trigger cam.

If gun cocks and stays cocked until you pull trigger then sear should be set low enough( into the gun via clockwise turning)
If the gun is cocking but then fireing before trigger pulled 1. Check sear depth 2. Make sure the sear lever in frame isn't worn AND that there's a spring under it all to push the sear lever up into gun body, pull trigger frame off and you should be able to push the sear lever down and it should pop right back up , or if it does it's possible spring not hard enough?

But if all are ccm parts then should have come factory all set up.
CRAPGAME is offline   Reply With Quote