Community Focus

Old 10-19-2012, 05:47 PM #1
Elrondel
Paintball Newbie

Elrondel has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Elrondel has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Elrondel has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Help me pick a Euro. History IA Topic.

I didn't know where else to post this, so I'll leave it here; hopefully no one minds.
I've been considering doing the Black Death, or Social Darwinism for my euro internal assessment for the IB program. I can't decide between the two; my first choice was the Black Death, but I lost a bit of interest after reading more about Social Darwinism while looking for an IA topic.
I'm fascinated with war, battles, and the progression of human philosophy (which fits fairly well with the concept of Social Darwinism). If anyone could suggest another topic or help me decide between the two (i.e. which would be easier to find primary/secondary sources), it would be great. Thanks.
Elrondel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 01:01 PM #2
ClintH
HHH

ClintH has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ClintH has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You've got to keep in mind, easier to find research for usually means the subject has had more papers written about it which makes it less interesting. In my experience its always been better to pick the more obscure topic. Also, if your gut is telling you that you'll be more interested with social Darwinism, then go for it. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to pick the topic that you're most interested in.

Plus, social Darwinism is hella cool, and the Black Death is just a dull plague.
ClintH is offline   Reply With Quote