Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-06-2013, 07:33 PM #1
Darrin79

TM7 and TM15 advice needed.

So I came up on what I think is a pretty good deal on a TM7 and TM15. I was just wanting to know if their were any different versions of either of these markers. I thought I recalled reading something about an issue with the first series of TM solenoid. If someone could give me a rundown on things to look for it would be greatly appreciated.
Darrin79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM #2
TheEnglishGuy

The original solenoid has a tendency to get gummed up and stick. This can be minor where you need to pull the trigger a few times before it starts firing or it can get to a point where it takes a hundred clicks. They eventually came out with an adapter that allows use of the Mini/Axe solenoid instead. While this makes it better it can still have the same problem (the same thing happens with the Mini/Axe).

Outside of the solenoid, the TM-7 v2 added stamped in selector switch positions instead of painted on and a locking stock at full extension (rather than it pulling straight out). TM-15 hasn't had any revisions other than the LE version which has a cut down shroud.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 PM #3
Muzza80

I think witht he TM7 if you get serial number 3000 or above you get a better noid without the faults... actually it;s just a mini noid but better all the same.
Muzza80 is offline   Reply With Quote