Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM #1996
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Is there any reason to avoid discontinued products? The AGV T-2 is discontinued now but I figured if there was no reason not to, I could get a good helmet for a fraction of the price with it being on close out.

Also, what's everyones opinion on the high visibility colors for gear?

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 08:57 AM #1997
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

If it were something like a helmet I would buy it without hesitation if its discontinued. It's not like there is a lot that can go terribly wrong with a helmet, and if there is then chances are it needs replacing. Maybe just pick up a few spare visors if you intend on using it for more than a season?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM #1998
xXinpayneXx
MW

I would seriously doubt anyone would say anything if you had a ece helmet vs a dot one.

Anyway I love agv helmets... They just don't even come close to fitting my head.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM #1999
cynicalrider
robert paulson

My issues I had with my only carb'ed bike was when it was super humid in the summer. It loved the cold air though.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM #2000
SA_4_LIFE
#EndProhibition2012

SA_4_LIFE has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
my Katana loved the cold weather, my Marauder hates anything below 45*

ST:A where station wagons are still racecars

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Domestics
Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM #2001
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4literranger485 View Post
whatchu got there gizmo? an sv dressed as a gsxr? I need me another SV for the track.....le sigh
yerp
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM #2002
4literranger485
xtreme noob

4literranger485 supports Team VICIOUS
4literranger485 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
Is there any reason to avoid discontinued products? The AGV T-2 is discontinued now but I figured if there was no reason not to, I could get a good helmet for a fraction of the price with it being on close out.

Also, what's everyones opinion on the high visibility colors for gear?
My race suit is black, but my street riding gear is brightly colored. Will it help....who knows. You know if a cager hits you their first quote will be "i didnt even see him!" even if you were dressed as the cool-aid man.

The only thing to think about when buying a discontinued model is it's build date. If it is a 2010-2011 build helmet, it's only good for 5 yrs then "recommended" to be replaced. IMO if it's a killer deal, go for it, you'll want/buy a different helmet before that one expires anyways. I got a leftover shoei rf-1000 one year for like $200 because it was the previous years model. Only had 3.5 years left on the build date....but hey, i'm rockin' a shoei lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
yerp
damn. I have great aspirations of picking one up. Once watched a guy on a 2006 dressed as a gsxr spank the pants off of 2 liter sized duc's at a v-twin shootout here at willow springs (which normally favors displacement and speed) Dude (almost) rode the wheels off that 650!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 AM #2003
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
Where do you guys put your leathers and what not when you go to work/school? I'm starting classes up again next week and will be riding to and from school, but not sure where to put my jacket, helmet, and soon to be boots. What do you guys do with them?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:10 AM #2004
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3917587
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread