PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 AM #1
bawalker

Compatibility questions for Tacamo Flexi-Air for Tippmann A5

Hello all!

First off I'm not a rookie to paintballing, as I've been doing it hard core for 1.5 years now, and am very proficient in working on Spyder and Tippmann guns, both for myself and for fellow players who need repairs. Just wanted to toss that out there in advance so everyone knows who I am and my love for paintball level.

So my question deals with taking a stock pre 2011 Tippmann A-5 and going full out milsim, magfed, and flexi-air/tank in stock setup. I would like to build this from scratch using a used but excellent working stock A5.

As I've been searching the internet, I can't seem to find a solid answer to this, is that *IS* there really a flexi-air system for the A5 as made by Rap4/Tacamo? Secondly, if so, does the flexi-air system feed air directly to the valve system through an internal hose/pipe? Or is there an external hose from the Flexi-air mounting device into the tombstone/valve area? I have seen this to be confirmed on the X7's, but not on the A5's.

Lastly, if this is possible, where can I purchase this Tacamo mod at? The Rap4 site is the most unbuyer friendly website ever.

My eventual goal is to have an A5 looking as near identical to a a real life M4 with First Strike magfed system, air through stock, and focus on gameplay, not spray paint minutes on end and hope someone is caught up in the crossfire.

Thanks!
bawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:42 AM #2
chuck5459

Honestly your best option is to wait until march to buy the new rap4 468 it seems to be exactly what you are looking for and by the time you get everything for your A5 you could have spent about the same to get the 468 and it will be much more realistic then the A5. Also the tacamo kits for the A5 are on back order and most likely wont be out until mid summer as of now
chuck5459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM #3
bawalker

Thanks for the reply. I'll check into the 468.

Also does RAP4 seem to have trouble keeping D-MAGS and the Tacamo kits in stock constantly? It seems like everywhere I've looked I've seen sites out of stock on a regular basis. I didn't know if they were just *that* popular, or whether RAP4 has problems meeting demand?
bawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 PM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Moved to the tippmann forum. You'll get more help there.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:58 PM #5
chuck5459

The problem with rap4 and their tacamo kits is that they just recently switched from a Chinese manufacturing company to an United States based company so they had to start all over with everything so things got delayed but they should be releasing the new kits soon
Old 01-06-2013, 01:58 PM #6
chuck5459

Also the D mags will be released in march sometime