Community Focus

Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 AM #106
Ressurection
Don't call it a comeback.

Ressurection has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ressurection has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Im A Duck View Post
Ok so sense ive heard that there are problems with the g4 is it worth the buy? ive been playing pump and i dont really know that much about electric guns. but i would like to have a good semi that i can use, its also a pretty good price but should i save up and get something else?
its very worth it...mine had macro fitting issues out of the box as do most people just buy some new fittings and line for like 9 extra bucks and worst case senario you have spare parts .

ive put around 4 cases through it thus far and am keeping up or ahead of everyone else with markers 3x the cost of the G4
Ressurection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 AM #107
BorealisRex
Saturday Night Special

Thanks for the info. I love that this forum is such a massive library of these tutorials and tech guides.
BorealisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:10 PM #108
face.smelter.
Cen-Cal

It is a very good gun, I was fortunate enough to have a day of play with the stock lube before it crapped out on me. I would highly recommend you do everything in this guide before you play any games with it.
Just my two cents...
face.smelter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:22 AM #109
archtod

i had G4, gun is very cranky. u need to clean and lube after every game.
archtod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:34 PM #110
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by archtod View Post
i had G4, gun is very cranky. u need to clean and lube after every game.
Looking at how you type, it looks like you aren't old enough to know how to take care of a G4. You don't have to lube one after every game, I had one and it would last me weeks. Guess that's the difference between proper maintenance and failure.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 PM #111
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
If he is using the stock lube, it may need it after every outing
Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 PM #112
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke22dog View Post
i hate dp so much never buy one
I reported your post for a number of reasons.

the main reason being that you did not support your reason behind not liking dangerous power markers. More or less just a hate comment.

Comments like that are looked down upon by the paintball community. Next time you should keep things to your self.

If you must post that you dont like dP. try backing up your reasoning and say something like, "I dont prefer Dangerous Power markers because..." and give valid reasons.

You most likely had a bad experience in the past with a DP marker and instead of fixing it or maintaining it properly, you sold it to someone else who in turn is going o have the same problem and react the same way, and the chain goes on.
firefoxx04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM #113
Shankster1839

Shankster1839 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Shankster1839 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shankster1839 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lubing the bolt is a problem in all g4s, once you do it with a thin lube though you are ready to go
Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 AM #114
Commandd0g
Gregory Haas

Commandd0g is playing at Living Legends VI
Commandd0g owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Commandd0g is an NCPA player
Commandd0g has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mine runs fine now that its lubed up with some Hater Sauce that a friend gave me, just wish the tool-less back cap was sold stock on the gun
Commandd0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:32 PM #115
Jdavern23

Need help bought a techt bolt engine for my g4 worked fine then started having problems with paint getting stuck because the bolt isn't resetting all the way I took it apart lubed everything and still having trouble I'm new to all this so I could use some guidance
Jdavern23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 PM #116
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdavern23 View Post
Need help bought a techt bolt engine for my g4 worked fine then started having problems with paint getting stuck because the bolt isn't resetting all the way I took it apart lubed everything and still having trouble I'm new to all this so I could use some guidance
I would suggest contacting TechT to see if they can help you out. It is an issue that has popped up before.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:50 AM #117
Jdavern23

Thanks CA I will do that glad to hear I'm not the only one this happened to
Jdavern23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 AM #118
Lightsout777
Lightsout777

Lightsout777 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Guys

I've had similar issues with my G4 I bought from ANS. It's the Black Widow colored one (Black with Red accents). But only after playing with it for a few times and putting maybe 5-6 boxes of paint through it.

No bolt-stick or leaking macro-line out the box... Infact it preformed beautifully for the start, but Murphy is a personal friend, so the honeymoon would not last long.
Things started going wrong very slowly. Marker would'nt cycle fully once of twice in a day but then be fine for the rest of it, even with a new battery inside and lubed up with GunSav.
It got to a point where even our local DYE techie was scratching his head at the thing. Turning the reg up/down even changing out the reg would'n't help, even after I had adjusted the dwell and turned the reg up over 300psi (I have a PMD) it would fire but sound like a cannon going off, turning it down to below 200psi and it would stop firing again. That did destroy the bolt bumper in the process.

We finally realised that I had changed the stock board for a Virtue one and when I had adjusted the trigger pre and post movement, I didn't adjust the top magnet screw, the one that affects the 'niod when pulling trigger. So a new parts kit later and new bolt bumper, I adjusted the trigger, correctly this time, lubed it up, set the Virtue board to match the stock one and... Hey presto the magic started all over again.

They can be tempermental little markers but a some trial and error, you'll eventually figure out what the dickens is going on with it. What I can say is if you're not giving it a little lube before each play day, then it may just give you a little uphill.

G4 - Black w/Red accents
Freak Barrel - Red All American
PMD
Virtue v2.0 Redefined board
7th Element eyes - Red
Smoked Spyder Fasta - (I play back center)
Sly Profit - Red
Guerilla 70/4500
Lightsout777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 AM #119
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsout777 View Post
Hey Guys

I've had similar issues with my G4 I bought from ANS. It's the Black Widow colored one (Black with Red accents). But only after playing with it for a few times and putting maybe 5-6 boxes of paint through it.

No bolt-stick or leaking macro-line out the box... Infact it preformed beautifully for the start, but Murphy is a personal friend, so the honeymoon would not last long.
Things started going wrong very slowly. Marker would'nt cycle fully once of twice in a day but then be fine for the rest of it, even with a new battery inside and lubed up with GunSav.
It got to a point where even our local DYE techie was scratching his head at the thing. Turning the reg up/down even changing out the reg would'n't help, even after I had adjusted the dwell and turned the reg up over 300psi (I have a PMD) it would fire but sound like a cannon going off, turning it down to below 200psi and it would stop firing again. That did destroy the bolt bumper in the process.

We finally realised that I had changed the stock board for a Virtue one and when I had adjusted the trigger pre and post movement, I didn't adjust the top magnet screw, the one that affects the 'niod when pulling trigger. So a new parts kit later and new bolt bumper, I adjusted the trigger, correctly this time, lubed it up, set the Virtue board to match the stock one and... Hey presto the magic started all over again.

They can be tempermental little markers but a some trial and error, you'll eventually figure out what the dickens is going on with it. What I can say is if you're not giving it a little lube before each play day, then it may just give you a little uphill.

G4 - Black w/Red accents
Freak Barrel - Red All American
PMD
Virtue v2.0 Redefined board
7th Element eyes - Red
Smoked Spyder Fasta - (I play back center)
Sly Profit - Red
Guerilla 70/4500
Quote:
It got to a point where even our local DYE techie was scratching his head at the thing. Turning the reg up/down even changing out the reg would'n't help,
well, it isnt a dye gun

the virtue board (last i knew) is actually for the g3 and not been modified for the g4. I am not surprised that it was not registering trigger pulls. Some 7th element board also have to be adjusted for the g4. Trigger frames are almost identical between the g3 and g4 but not so much to actually accept the same parts. This is why we buy APE boards. They truly care about the aftermarket of DP guns. APE and TECHT.

now the virtue is a nice board, have one in my fusion. just making a point. im curious why your dye tech did not figure that out sooner, considering the microswitch was not being triggered? hmmm..
firefoxx04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 AM #120
Lightsout777
Lightsout777

Lightsout777 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
[quote=firefoxx04;77038209]well, it isnt a dye gun

the virtue board (last i knew) is actually for the g3 and not been modified for the g4. QUOTE]

Well yes it goes without saying... but seeing as they both are spoolies i just thought he could have helped at the time.

I got the virtue board as a package deal from ANS. It had been modded from Virtue with a micro switch as G3's use optical sensors. I was in contact with Virtue first to get the setting sorted out and then with the DP techies to assist further with the board setup.

Hey I'm happy I got it working, and that I don't have any of the macro-line or bolt stick issues many are having to deal with.

But I am playing this weekend, so who knows what Murphy has planned for me.
Lightsout777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 PM #121
OP-4 Paintball

OP-4 Paintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OP-4 Paintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for the info
OP-4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 AM #122
starkathr

Hey guys.

This is my first post on here even though I have been lurking around as a guest. I have a DP G4 that I got used from a moron that never knew how to take care of it. But I managed to fix all of the screwups he made to it.. including a destroyed noid and screw on it.

Recently though, I had it serviced because the bolt wouldn't cycle. I got the exact same result that others were getting - the bold would push back when I aired it up, but all I would get is a puff of air from the grips/trigger when I tried to fire it. The guy did a great job of tearing it down to the last screw and rebuilding it. He made it fire! Took it home and went to use it a couple days later. Same friggin issue.

Here's the good part though. After checking the forums here, I decided to take out the back o-ring and replace it. Thanks to the help you guys have given here, my marker is back to working condition.

Thanks for the help.
starkathr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:48 AM #123
JohnnyP25

JohnnyP25 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Great thread, Thanks.
JohnnyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 PM #124
entourage-4-life55

entourage-4-life55 supports Team VICIOUS
entourage-4-life55 supports Team VICIOUS
entourage-4-life55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
entourage-4-life55 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if you have leaks take the micro out and switch it around and wipe it off and put it
Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 AM #125
TheFlyingDharma

I have a used G4 on the way and the guy threw in some Exalt Vitamin G grease. Anyone have any experience with this lube or know if it's worth using? I can't tell if it's dow33-based or not and I haven't heard anyone mention it here. I ordered the Techt HE bolt kit also, if that makes any difference.

Also dumb question, but where do you guys fill up when you're doing maintenance? I'd like to set a day aside for a proper relube and to make sure I don't have any issues before I try to actually play, but I can't imagine doing all of this at the field in my car or whatever.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:46 AM #126
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingDharma View Post
I have a used G4 on the way and the guy threw in some Exalt Vitamin G grease. Anyone have any experience with this lube or know if it's worth using? I can't tell if it's dow33-based or not and I haven't heard anyone mention it here. I ordered the Techt HE bolt kit also, if that makes any difference.

Also dumb question, but where do you guys fill up when you're doing maintenance? I'd like to set a day aside for a proper relube and to make sure I don't have any issues before I try to actually play, but I can't imagine doing all of this at the field in my car or whatever.
I havent heard of the Exalt grease so I can't help out there.

As for where to get air, your local paintball shop . That is where I get air for maintenance /testing. Another option would be a dive shop that has/rents/sells scuba equipment. They can usually fill a tank - if they have the correct attachment. If you play often, you could also fill up at the field at the end of the day. However, if you rarely play and the filled tank would end up sitting for an extended peroid of time, I would not recommend this. Personally, if I know I am not going to be playing/testing for over a month or so, I drain out the air in my tanks - leaving just a couple hundred psi in the tank to prevent moisture from getting inside it. As for working on your marker, once you have done some maintenance/troubleshooting a few times and get to know your way around the marker, you'll find that it is pretty fast and easy to do....even at the field. Like you though, I prefer to prep my markers the night before so I'm ready to roll when I hit the field.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote