Community Focus

Old 01-02-2013, 07:31 PM #1
MAster_Dekoy
Paint Magnet

MAster_Dekoy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
MAster_Dekoy supports Team VICIOUS
MAster_Dekoy plays in the APPA D4 division
microswitch repair

have a friend who broke his microswitch (trigger screw broke the leaf off) and was wondering how easy/hard it is to replace. I know people used to do this to shocker/timmy boards, so it shouldn't be that bad. Also i know you can just put it into opto mode, like the microswitch better. just curious if anyone has ever attempted it.
MAster_Dekoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 AM #2
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If the microswitch component on your circuit board has broken then unfortunately this cannot be repaired and as such the circuit board will have to be replaced. Replacements can be sought from your local Eclipse Service Centre via: http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/service_centres

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:29 PM #3
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
It CAN be repaired if JUST the leaf has fallen off. If his board looks like this...

You'll need a replacement leaf from another microswitch. The tricky part is getting enough pressure on the leaf to depress it and fit it into the old microswitch. It's possible though. The pic above is from a used Geo+ a bought that had a missing leaf, and it's all fixed now!

And it can still be fixed even if the who microswitch is broken. There are lots of people like The Angel Guy who can replace the entire switch for you. It will be A LOT less than buying a new board from Eclipse.

Last edited by minimag03 : 01-03-2013 at 12:32 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 PM #4
R-M-I
Angry Norwegian

Annual Supporting Member
R-M-I posts videos on PbNation
OR simply desolder the microswitch on the board, put in a new one that is close to the same, solder back on and away you go

I've modified several Tadao Yakuza boards in the past to allow me to use microswitches instead of the optical ones that come with the board.. It's a VERY simple procedure really.. And saying to just scrap a board due to a broken microswitch is horrible in my opinion..

If you DO intend on scrapping it.. Please send it to me instead and I can use it

04 JMJ Factory Viking | 03 UL FSP Viking | MiniHalfblockMQ-cocker | Warped Sportz Dark Ego 6 |Freeflow MQ project cocker

Splat.no(translated via google-translate) -> http://translate.google.com/translat...3796&act=u rl

I <3 MQ-valves!
R-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:21 PM #5
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-M-I View Post
OR simply desolder the microswitch on the board, put in a new one that is close to the same, solder back on and away you go

I've modified several Tadao Yakuza boards in the past to allow me to use microswitches instead of the optical ones that come with the board.. It's a VERY simple procedure really.. And saying to just scrap a board due to a broken microswitch is horrible in my opinion..

If you DO intend on scrapping it.. Please send it to me instead and I can use it
Well he does work for the company that gets paid if the guy does buy a new board so...

I would have mentioned solder a new one on the board as well, but it's an even easier fix if it's just the leaf.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 PM #6
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
you could just switch to using the optotrigger setting.

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:00 AM #7
MAster_Dekoy
Paint Magnet

ya... wasn't going to scrap it, sry . Should be relatively simple to replace the switch but it requires some careful soldering and my friend doesn't want to risk his board. so he's just going to use it in opto mode. Ty for the replies!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 AM #8
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Whoa.....all you have to do is replace the leaf. Is the housing broken where the leaf sits in the housing?? If not its alot easier than you may think. Pm me and we will get ya sorted.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM #9
MAster_Dekoy
Paint Magnet

the housing is broken at the bottom where the leaf connects to it, therefore the whole switch would need to be replaced. sry i wasn't more clear in the last post.